Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Elyos
Default Re: gladiator pvp stigma build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface - Israphel View Post
Shattering wave... doesn't that share a CD with force blast? and its almost the same?
Many more opponents and a little more damage.. The only time I've found that it was useful to slot was fort raids where using it would cause numbers to splash up all over the place.

Other than that it's painful if you forget it's slotted and go to go something else missing an actually useful skill.

So spake the Seraph Abdiel, faithful found
Among the faithless, faithful only he;
Old 02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrigan - Vaizel View Post
For Air Pvp yes and even then, why would you ditch tendon slice. throw out draining blow for air pvp and keep tendon slice. You don't really need sharp strike on the ground. You KD stuff and just weave til everything is off CDs.
I don't need tendon slice and find myself rarely using it.

It doesn't do that much damage, maybe 100 more than sharp strike come pvp wise, and just isn't that great for me as it is for everyone else.

If you had a GG item that you could potentially burst someone down fast enough then sure, it'd be good.

But when you don't, and it requires 10+ hits to kill someone, well I like sharp strike :)

It's a lot easier to weave with it too.

I honestly just don't see why I would use Tendon slice, I may pvp differently then others, the Root isn't as useful as some may seem. I'm always running. I use ankle snare solely to catch up to people, I don't care if its on them or not, but if I'm within range, I wouldn't root you.

Don't really know how to word it, just, rooting you while in range is more of a negative effect for me. I simply found I never use it other than purely burst damage, and it doesn't do much more than sharp strike, and sharp strike has a shorter cooldown + easier execution to weave.
To Forum Users: My Posts speak only for myself and no one else. Do not consider my words the words of others, including but not limited to: My friends, My legion mates, and their friends. If I upset you, let me know. I may remove my post if necessary.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Elyos

why wouldn't want to root someone when you're in range... the point of the root is to keep them in place. Them not moving = them not kiting you, them not kiting you = more skills + weave since they won't be broken by the "you're too far away from your target"... And i'm aware of how valuable sharp strike can be. It was the elyos build to use back in 1.5/1.9 because abyss pvp was all I did. I had no use for Crippling Cut or Draining Blow. But with 2.0 ground abyss, I'd rather have the extra spike on a KD as well as the extra heal and socket in Earthquake wave to snare people or blow a greater healing potion.

Last edited by panzera - Siel; 02-24-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Elyos

lol...tendon slice is pretty much another free ankle snare..

ankle snare + tendon slice... i pretty much 20 second free hit a templar 100%-0%...and its a geared one...

tzu u need to drop advDW/sharp strike and try tendon + PR...u will notice a better difference..

seriously...if there is faction transfer ticket available..u will see 99% of the elyos gladiator switching to asmo side...

Last edited by Evisuu - Israphel; 02-24-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrigan - Vaizel View Post
why wouldn't want to root someone when you're in range... the point of the root is to keep them in place. Them not moving = them not kiting you, them not kiting you = more skills + weave since they won't be broken by the "you're too far away from your target"... And i'm aware of how valuable sharp strike can be. It was the elyos build to use back in 1.5/1.9 because abyss pvp was all I did. I had no use for Crippling Cut or Draining Blow. But with 2.0 ground abyss, I'd rather have the extra spike on a KD as well as the extra heal and socket in Earthquake wave to snare people or blow a greater healing potion.
Like I said I must pvp differently then others.

People can't kite me that so easily... It's much easier to weave via the whole jumping thing that all the koreans do, which involves consistantly moving. I'd keep ankle snare to close the gap...

I don't know, if you have a problem with people kiting you then okay... but it's very easy as a glad to not be kited, especially with an extendable.

My point is, with my game style, having them rooted in place can actually be more of a negative thing, weird as it sounds, it's true.
To Forum Users: My Posts speak only for myself and no one else. Do not consider my words the words of others, including but not limited to: My friends, My legion mates, and their friends. If I upset you, let me know. I may remove my post if necessary.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebii - Vaizel View Post
lol...tendon slice is pretty much another free ankle snare..

ankle snare + tendon slice... i pretty much 20 second free hit a templar 100%-0%...and its a geared one...

tzu u need to drop advDW/sharp strike and try tendon + PR...u will notice a better difference..

seriously...if there is faction transfer ticket available..u will see 99% of the elyos gladiator switching to asmo side...

I think you didn't read my post.

I DROPPED PR and Tendon for ADV and Sharp strike.

AND I'm glad I did, as it's much more effective for me.

PR does not do that much more damage, 500 on a good crit at most, and if you could understand my vague explanations (I don't expect you to understand, so don't think I'm questioning your intelligence of some nyerk)
the whole root from tendon slice serves more bad than good. Sharp strike is a quick cooldown, and I can say, after having it for one day, I've used to more than Tendon Slice.

All about gamestyle I suppose. Tendon Slice is not that great for mine, maybe it is for you. But I've been 1v3-5'ing lately with less probs since I've gotten sharp strike.

Edit: keep in mind I've been using a weapon that does less damage than a +15'd Kroms spear.

I have reequipped my kroms and have realized that it's truly more effective than my supposedly upgraded spear.

If I could burst a class down with ease then yeah, maybe PR/Tendon slice would be more effective... But no I don't.

Last edited by Tzu - Zikel; 02-24-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Elyos

I have no problems dealing with someone who kites me... On the other hand... I don't give them much of an opportunity to kite me because derp, hard concept, I don't let them... You seriously must fight a ton of bads to truly believe that.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termintor - Siel View Post
Pretty good build! But at end game I have noticed that improved stamina doesnt seem to help as much as say 50 or earlier. I am thinking of doing that build minus improved stamina and putting in howl. I swear howl helps a lot vs temps and sins especialy when they are focusing your healer.

Also I kind of think your build should be determined by whether you group or solo pvp more... or are a dredge hero
I tried howl after seeing that thread on it... I took it out after 1 day. It helps in dredge when someone aggros too many mobs and they start beating on your healers. I tried it in PVP but the 5min CD is really what makes it bad. People have said it's good to add an extra debuff for them to pot off but so does earthquake and thats a 2min CD + dmg.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Elyos

umm...id worry more about upgrading that spear and less about stigmas...
Old 02-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrin - Israphel View Post
umm...id worry more about upgrading that spear and less about stigmas...
I see a Perrin....

*noms*

/kkthxbai <3
You will not conquer the medical cabinet"-Nitnelav