Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 8
Post Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

If us North American players are so untasteful, just leave. Honestly, I only started playing all of two weeks ago and I have no problem working together with others even though it's really hard to go outside my circle and find English speakers, but I'll be damned if that stops us from getting the job done. Moreover the KR ratio at least on my server is dead even.

Asmo has a smaller population, but they have much stronger pvpers.

Elyos has a huge lag inducing population but you still bump into level 36-41 players who don't know what cc is. Yes, you heard me right! I facepalmed.

I spent solid days sitting down and crafting to make sure my crafts were up high enough to help my legion mates, I sit down and pop out 500 flight serums per person, stacks of 50+ food for people. I upgrade everyone's manastones for only the cost of the catalysts because I'm too broke half the time because I give everything else away for free. I have no problem Slowing down my progress to make sure that my legion mates (whom I've only known a little over a week mind you) the chance to optimize their time and money since I have more time than them.

So I'd love for people to stop painting NA's all with the same brush. Each culture is unique,yes, but societies are made up of individuals. I can't even comprehend why you guys would roll characters on an NA server when you hate us so much. Or more importantly why you didn't stay on the Korean servers when you were there. Oh... That's right, probably because you didn't fit their community role and are actually the ones helping nyerk up the NA servers.

The NA servers clearly can't handle all these egos.


Happy grinding,

From a proud NA Korean lover and level 35 <3
  #212  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Dat Troll
  • Posts: 8,158
Default Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiredhel - Israphel View Post
If us North American players are so untasteful, just leave. Honestly, I only started playing all of two weeks ago and I have no problem working together with others even though it's really hard to go outside my circle and find English speakers, but I'll be damned if that stops us from getting the job done. Moreover the KR ratio at least on my server is dead even.

Asmo has a smaller population, but they have much stronger pvpers.

Elyos has a huge lag inducing population but you still bump into level 36-41 players who don't know what cc is. Yes, you heard me right! I facepalmed.

I spent solid days sitting down and crafting to make sure my crafts were up high enough to help my legion mates, I sit down and pop out 500 flight serums per person, stacks of 50+ food for people. I upgrade everyone's manastones for only the cost of the catalysts because I'm too broke half the time because I give everything else away for free. I have no problem Slowing down my progress to make sure that my legion mates (whom I've only known a little over a week mind you) the chance to optimize their time and money since I have more time than them.

So I'd love for people to stop painting NA's all with the same brush. Each culture is unique,yes, but societies are made up of individuals. I can't even comprehend why you guys would roll characters on an NA server when you hate us so much. Or more importantly why you didn't stay on the Korean servers when you were there. Oh... That's right, probably because you didn't fit their community role and are actually the ones helping nyerk up the NA servers.

The NA servers clearly can't handle all these egos.


Happy grinding,

From a proud NA Korean lover and level 35 <3
No server in the world can handle the egos generated from North America
__________________
Exstal/Shichi/Minsoo quit. You don't know me.
  #213  
Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 110
Default Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

This whole thread is dumb as hell its a game made to be played how you want to play the game. Idk if its just me but who cares about how a Korean plays a video game lol for sure not me. I play this game to face roll or get face rolled. If you cant take the heat sit in ya little house and play house all day.
  #214  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 8
Default Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exstall - Tiamat View Post
No server in the world can handle the egos generated from North America
You mean by egos in general. This stuff happens everywhere but apparently people can't tolerate it on NA servers. I wonder why?
  #215  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Dat Troll
  • Posts: 8,158
Default Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiredhel - Israphel View Post
You mean by egos in general. This stuff happens everywhere but apparently people can't tolerate it on NA servers. I wonder why?
It likely already said in the last 2~3 pages. Individualism and what not.
__________________
Exstal/Shichi/Minsoo quit. You don't know me.
  #216  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 8
Default Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exstall - Tiamat View Post
It likely already said in the last 2~3 pages. Individualism and what not.
So you're saying other cultures have no sense of individualism?

Classy.
  #217  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Dat Troll
  • Posts: 8,158
Default Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiredhel - Israphel View Post
So you're saying other cultures have no sense of individualism?

Classy.
Doesn't seem to be as profound as it is in the United States. Or maybe I'm just uninformed (which is more than likely).
__________________
Exstal/Shichi/Minsoo quit. You don't know me.
  #218  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:05 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 8
Default Re: The problem with NA players. - true facts-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exstall - Tiamat View Post
Doesn't seem to be as profound as it is in the United States. Or maybe I'm just uninformed (which is more than likely).
The reason video games are so popular in asian cultures is because it gives them a way to express their likes and dislikes without stepping on anyone's toes. Moreover, lots of asians fit outside the asian stereo types and are more common than people give them credit for, they just aren't advertised because it doesn't match the image those countries want to portray.

Like okay, take eating dogs for example. South Korea has strict codes against having anything made with dog on any menus for restaurants or you face heavy fines, etc. BUT you are still allowed to sell it. (not many people actually do it, but it still exists)

Now, let's look at fashion. If ANYTHING North Americans are much more conforming in terms of fashion, why? Because most of our schools do not require uniforms. Whereas in asia, uniforms are more or less common, even at colleges so they do things within their dress codes to express their own creativity and individuality than most people who do not have to wear uniforms.

Next up, the fact that they view gaming as a credible past time, have bars dedicated to it, show that they are much more into mmo's being something they do for fun, like say people in the US having super bowl parties, just more often. Stuff like that will not be mainstream or acceptable by north american standards for YEARS to come, why? Because video games are viewed as a waste of time.

It frustrates me to NO end how hypocritical people can be when comparing asian to western cultures. They talk about how unique and individualistic westerns are and how that causes them to have attitudes, however that is just people selling out and feeling they have something to prove because they seek community. Once someone has somewhere to belong they tend to stop acting out on the internet because they are held accountable. Because in eastern culture it's more social acceptable and common practice to game and play with your friends, and they have lots of places to go to LAN party you are EASILY held accountable for your behavior on the internet unless you are a recluse. And that sort of behavior is looked down on in the East.

The same thing happens in the West, it's just we are all spread out from each other so it's not as easy to meet up with friends you meet in video games. Imagine if you lived in the same city as all the people in your legion. It'd be a LOT harder to go and steal everything and dash.

It has nothing to do with individuality, it has to do solely with whether people are going to be held accountable for their actions.

I've seen easterners and westerners screw off people and the only reason it happened, is because they weren't held accountable. Same thing goes for just bailing on your legion when your the highest leveled person in a craft. When people are counting on you, there is a natural pressure to meet their expectations, and when you actually know the people, or can be held accountable even when you log out, that changes the way you view your online behavior.

I hope this clears up some of the discrepancies you are seeing in mannerisms.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:56 PM.