Old 05-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Asmodians
Default Absolute Zero mechanics?

So, to all high lvl sorcs out there, have you gotten to test this new stigma? I have doubts regarding the "freezes the target so it can't be attacked" part, does non-damaging CC (root/sleep/fear) count as "attacking"? If player A was casting a skill on player B and you land AZ on player B, what happens to the skill player A was casting? Does the damage land? The cast gets interrupted?

General input regarding this skill is welcome.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Absolute Zero mechanics?

Absolute Zero counts as a stun fyi, it will activate Remove Shock.

I haven't played much with the skill yet so I can't provide any more feedback.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:31 AM
Elyos

Well, first off its not really a freeze. Its more akin to a stun, as in it can be remove shocked out of. In that respect its great to bait RS out but the tooltip is misleading. Secondly CC's count as attacking yes so they just bounce off doing nothing. Delay damage is also ignored so no go there as well. In regard to your A/B scenario A's skill would just do 0 damage. Its actually pretty funny in pve letting a mob get to 1% then AZ'ing it and watching your party start getting wierded out because its not dying. Done some sillyness with it as an impromtu Bodyguard when dueling my own cleric during an encounter but... Honestly I'm not to impressed with it. Its cool for the 1v1 arenas but outside of that, haven't gotten to much use out of it. I don't remember if DoT's that were on the target before AZ landed keep ticking.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Asmodians

I've been able to CC people from absolute zero. o.o Unless it was gone by the time the CC landed and I didn't notice.
And yeah all damage you do while it's on someone is just a resist. I like it okay for a 1v1 setting, or running from a zerg to get the person who's closest to you.

Using this skill at the right time can be useful, but some people just don't really like it.

Cinaed - Asmodian Sorcerer on Israphel (Main!)
Elcina - Elyos Sorcerer on Tiamat (Retired)
You Glacial Shard me, I Shadowburst you. :)
http://twitter.com/#!/ElcinaA http://elcina.tumblr.com/
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Elyos

Is there a cap for the damage it can absorb?

Can I duel a Templar who is tanking a boss like the Statue in BT, and when he casts his 1 hit curse, AZ the temp, so he is stunned, the 1-shot move is completely negated and much lols will be had. (just like when BoSev and Iron Clad were uncapped absorbs).
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Elyos

No cap as far as I can tell. AZ balaur mobs on the opening of forts and half the faction dps into it with 0 health lost.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelandia - Israphel View Post
No cap as far as I can tell. AZ balaur mobs on the opening of forts and half the faction dps into it with 0 health lost.
Excellent, thanks for that.

Does it work through shields or on Bosses?

I could troll the faction with 60 sorcs, and just chain invuln. a fort boss :).
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Elyos

Not 100% sure on shields, it works on some of them. Pretty sure I've frozen clothies through stoneskin. Bosses is a no go, most it can freeze are elites or those fake heroics (the heroics with less hp than elites somehow). Gonna try freezing someone with RS up later since I usually use it to bait RS instead of punish it.