Old 06-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Good Elyos server?

Gotcha.

/allthechars
Old 06-24-2016, 01:21 PM
Asmodians

If you're all planning on playing again when 5.0 hits, feel free to wait and make Asmo characters, as was mentioned earlier: we'll have full skin-tone range, etc.

For servers, we'll go by active population first, which starts us off with BR-Elyos and Siel (both Asmo and Elyos).

I haven't played on BR-Elyos, so I can't tell you the environment other than it's made of a lot of old players from the other servers. Siel can arguably be considered the oldest and likewise has a somewhat-elitist playbase to match, however a lot of this Old Blood have quit. Very few are left, and while some are elitist in PVP doesn't mean they're the same elsewhere.

Recently, Siel Elyos have been kinda toxic towards one another from what I've been reading and seeing. Siel Asmo have been going about the same business.

I've been playing on Siel since I started Aion, and I'll attest that whether or not a server comes off as bad or toxic to you all depends on who you associate with.

Tumblr/Art - http://forthyn.tumblr.com/
Old 06-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Asmodians

it doesn't matter if u go elyos/asmo, since we'll all look the same in 5.0, yes, asmos will get elyos skin tones and no backfur/claws.

For total population:

SL/IS -- highest according to aiDPS
TM/BR -- about same...give or take
KR -- less than 300 on at most times (at least when i check)

IS-E, i have 3 toons there...recently logged in and it seemed dead on Elyos side, I don't have an Asmo so not sure. most of my friends on IS-E voiced that they hated to PvP.
TM-E, i have 3 toons here, if u get urself into a nice legion, it's a pretty fun experience, there are nice ppl and there are ur usual elitist pricks. a lot of EB runs daily, so it'd be easy for u to gear up. there are a lot of DDHM runs. PvE department isn't lacking. their sieges are pretty fun as well, can get over 140 elyos in 1 league.
TM-A, i have most of my toons here, the latino/BR community is very nice. most of the PvE, and PvP is legion based. so if ur not in a good legion, expect not to find any groups or find a hard time getting into groups for anything. there are only 2 DDHM groups that i know of and 1 crazy guy that runs 15+ EBs a day. and after the last siege of the day, expect the server to be dead. sieges, its also pretty split. u got the main league, then a bunch of smaller legion groups. but everyone contributes.

so, i can't really say much other than i like TM a lot, its not too big and not too small, and both sides put up a good fight in siege. there are a lot of friendly legions on both sides. sieges are very fun, both sides lose some and win some. so feels balanced.

i just want to say most ppl i kno say avoid BR server lol... so i guess any other server u choose is fine.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Asmodians

Strange how your milage can vary.

I spent 5 years or so on Tiamat, both sides, and I couldn't get away fast enough, when Beritra came along. Why did so many asmos "for life" roll BR Elyos? It seems strange.

I judged my time on Siel-A by the overarching hatred for any elyos that pervaded LFG and everything. It was not a game, it was a blood feud. At least how it seemed to me. That sort of made me uncomfortable, because I don't hate anybody.

I have a hard time with egomaniacs and asshats, and crazyass witches, though, maybe all servers have those.

I can't understand why everyone is so down on Beritra except that possibly sore over the recent drama, and the fact that Asmos are already outnumbered, and there is a leadership struggle going on. So what's up with that. All servers have drama. Every single one. Even Kahrun sometimes. It happens and then things wind down.. except for Tiamat. Tiamat ruins everything.

PS Last I was there the Elyos still outnumbered the Asmos, but Elyos couldn't take an upper fort without seeking permission from the asmos first. I left Billions in assets behind on that server, and I can't even muster up a care.

Last edited by Faeth -; 06-24-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeth - View Post
I can't understand why everyone is so down on Beritra except that possibly sore over the recent drama, and the fact that Asmos are already outnumbered, and there is a leadership struggle going on. So what's up with that. All servers have drama. Every single one. Even Kahrun sometimes. It happens and then things wind down.. except for Tiamat. Tiamat ruins everything.
Probably because it took a lot of players from the other servers, leaving them to fill in the gaps and figure out how to cope and/or making players ultimately quit, that may or may not have a lot of people salty.

Tumblr/Art - http://forthyn.tumblr.com/
Old 07-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Elyos

I've only played on Kahrun and Beritra, but from what I know Kahrun is the lowest populated, but it has outstanding prices for pretty much everything...it is asmo dominated atm and will probably always will be. Beritra's prices are slightly higher but it is so elyos dominated right now that it's like Israphel II. But my paragraph here doesn't stop you from choosing this faction. Go with whatever you like based on all the info we provided you.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Asmodians

I'm actually an old blood from israphel elyos, so what server is worth playing on and what race on that server? Population wise and playability wise. I logged on IS and seems like everyone quit or rerolled asmo.

Last edited by Tulmali - Siel; 07-15-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Asmodians

If you want an Elyos dominated server, this is the server.

The asmodians are lazy and AFK all day with the bots.

You will see Elyos zergs running around and taking over. As I type this, the Asmodians are currently at 0% influence even though we have plenty of people online.

The Asmodians are also unfriendly towards newbies, even though the "elites" lack the fire power to take out the Elyos that actually do help each other and coordinate in later levels within PVP.