Old 12-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Building Your Glad

Wow, this is great--- Thanks Etri!!

Tumblr/Art - http://forthyn.tumblr.com/
Old 01-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Asmodians

This is good and all but... damn, it take me so much time to even finish my rank 1 gear...
And let's not talking about the 55M/u composed manastones, I can't even afford 5 of them.
How the hell do you guys get so much money?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamilia - Tiamat View Post
This is good and all but... damn, it take me so much time to even finish my rank 1 gear...
And let's not talking about the 55M/u composed manastones, I can't even afford 5 of them.
How the hell do you guys get so much money?
Money is free in todays Aion. You get by selling enchantment stones, or composite you get in instances.

Last edited by Kronmede - Siel; 01-07-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:31 AM
Asmodians

This is a very interesting read! I have been playing glad for over a year and to me, I felt like we always had the shorter end of the stick. I guess it would make sense that, quite possibly, my gear is not optimal.

Now, I noticed that every one of these builds requires a 2-star or higher to build it. What about those who do not have the time to become a 2-star, or choose not to. And what about those glads that can't run EB or even IS yet? What I am asking is would having different BM sets not be a bad idea? Yes you could aim for the rank 1 AP gear, but again, that will take FOREVER if you can't run EB to help you get medals. Also there are, in fact, situations where officers will put on their BM gear (either dueling or because whatever they are doing is not worth burning through their augment). So as average as BM gear is there has to be a way to make BM gear work. Any suggestions?

Another question.. I am about to become a 2-star and start getting my officer gear. I do not plan on becoming anymore than a 3-star since it is too hard to keep your rank when you're at that level and I don't want the stress of having to farm GP every single day. Would the rank 1 accessories be better than the BM accessories? I've tried comparing the stats and to be honest, they aren't significantly better. Do the temperance levels add something that makes it worth it?

Another quick tidbit of information. Note that what I am about to say is likely true because I do not have very good gear yet. I have noticed that my AC (PvE) gear is WAY better against any sort of magic based attacking class than my BM gear (I have done several damage tests). Sorcs, gunners, SW's, can burn through my health with BM gear on but it takes them twice the time when I am wearing my AC PvE gear. Not to mention I have higher attack stats (I use my PvP weapon and acc's still). Now I don't know about other end game gear sets, but is it possible that, for example, a full IS set might be better against a magic class than your officer set??? Just some food for thought :)
Old 01-08-2015, 02:42 AM
Asmodians

And since you know so much about gladiators, do you think you could share some information on PvE, DW, tanking/DPSing? I have heard SO many different things and it is very rare that I get a chance to talk to someone who knows the class so well. Any advise on gear for different PvE situations?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Asmodians

Etri what are your thoughts on macc?

Skills like lockdown, tendon slice, ankle snare etc all have a MA check, with their 4.8 values being rebalanced as well.

Would you ever consider slotting MA in some composites somewhere?

After reading your really well researched guide I am feeling a little discouraged with my "well rounded" jack of all traits R1 set. I went for the 1.1k crit, 3k acc, then everything else into atk. I also added some MA composites because I love it when ankle snare lands or tendon lands on a cleric just long enough for this no extendy bad to smash its face in.

Thank you very much for this guide and the builds.

Cheers,
Old 01-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Asmodians

No, slotting some MA is kinda pointless. You should either focus on maximum burst/damage or countering extreme defensive sets. Next patch we see a nerf in our damage. We lose about 10-15% pvp damage next patch. I wouldn't recommend sacrificing offense for 3 skills.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Elyos

bump cuz i want someone to sticky this
Old 01-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxo - Siel View Post
Etri what are your thoughts on macc?

Skills like lockdown, tendon slice, ankle snare etc all have a MA check, with their 4.8 values being rebalanced as well.

Would you ever consider slotting MA in some composites somewhere?

After reading your really well researched guide I am feeling a little discouraged with my "well rounded" jack of all traits R1 set. I went for the 1.1k crit, 3k acc, then everything else into atk. I also added some MA composites because I love it when ankle snare lands or tendon lands on a cleric just long enough for this no extendy bad to smash its face in.

Thank you very much for this guide and the builds.

Cheers,
Do you need help getting an extendable man?
Old 01-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etri - Siel View Post
No, slotting some MA is kinda pointless. You should either focus on maximum burst/damage or countering extreme defensive sets. Next patch we see a nerf in our damage. We lose about 10-15% pvp damage next patch. I wouldn't recommend sacrificing offense for 3 skills.
on my server is not uncommon to see glads with extra set having MA in it. they switch it only for ankle snare etc. it works great tbh.
http://i58.tinypic.com/2q3r9mc.jpg