Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Governor
  • Posts: 1,221
Default Re: #Neverforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgoon - Siel View Post
This thread is funny

Your welcome.

I wanted to bring some last minute life to these forums because this game just keeps inching closer to death with all these merges. Tzu is irrelevant and always has been but he is funny.

Last edited by Acidz - Siel; 03-21-2017 at 08:46 PM.
  #22  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:32 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Governor
  • Posts: 1,136
Default Re: #Neverforget

So evasion set and 2 blind godstones is geared? Hm interesting.
__________________
{Songweaver - LittleSpoon} | Chanter - Imhottness | Gladiator - Stanza
Sorcerer - Itouchyou | SpiritMaster - Rejectedforlyfe | Gunslinger - WallaWalla
All 65 - Siel 4LYFE | DeMiGoDz Legion.
  #23  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Governor
  • Posts: 1,221
Default Re: #Neverforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post
So evasion set and 2 blind godstones is geared? Hm interesting.
Well if you look at it from a stat perspective in a Sin v Sin match. Evasion is pretty strong in a 1v1 setting, not necessarily about the gear in this case. I dont remember Walker's actual gear though that he used for the evasion.
  #24  
Old 03-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 924
Default Re: #Neverforget

@ Vin

Wow it only took me 8 clicks to log in today!

He used blind/eva for a while when he first came around to Siel, but when he was fighting me and Aeros OW making videos, he was using attack/ma + paras, I believe. I know it was paras, because he won almost every single fight via proccing. Can't remember if it was Attk/Crit or MA (Not complaining about the para, my Silence/Blind godstones procced through the roof and I was still using UD + Stance at the same time Vs Sins, not one or the other. That's Aion).

I think his blind/eva set was R1. He def was not that good of a Sin, looking back in retrospect. Semtex/HARASSMENTPANDA and you (vin) both out did him considerably.

Touching on Sins, I'd wager (at the time) Poolz and Steel were better than him too... But I also never saw Poolz or Steel fighting plate (maybe me when I first came back to Siel but I was basically utterly worthless). But these are also sins who all pop CW/BA and SD if they had it vs other sins. Can't say too much about that. Weaves was a current Sin who wasn't doing bad at all but I think he sold his account...


Times were different then though. I mean, with all the content in this thread being years old... The good times are gone, strats and competitive restrictions aren't the same (IMO they're more strict between people who actually want to look good). Not really worth reminiscing about. Aion's not what it was when we were all "passionate" about it. Jake does what Jake does. Just remind him he burned 30 some odd tempering in a night and he'll remember the hangover from that night.


Sin is stupidly powerful now. The ability to bury either blind or silence (or both if you're quick and they're slow) is mental. I don't doubt if Walker had kept playing maybe he'd be known for more than "throw pc in lake fish play better", and you, you'd be doing really well.

Hell, if I had a level 70 minimum Sin I'd probably come back to retail and play it. Mine is an alt at 67 and in BM accs and if it wasn't for the leveling I'd probably just roll solo until the game died... However I just picked up The Witcher 3 after finishing Resident Evil 7 and I have to say I don't miss Aion too much at all lol.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidz - Siel View Post
Your welcome.

I wanted to bring some last minute life to these forums because this game just keeps inching closer to death with all these merges. Tzu is irrelevant and always has been but he is funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidz - Siel View Post
Well if you look at it from a stat perspective in a Sin v Sin match. Evasion is pretty strong in a 1v1 setting, not necessarily about the gear in this case. I dont remember Walker's actual gear though that he used for the evasion.
I gotta say the one thing I miss the most was your crew around on the forums. Since then this place has been a festering pit of carebears who are delusional enough to think Aion has any semblance of what it once was, or that it's "fine".

~Aftershock


http://www.artnewsblog.com/wp-conten...idermy-fox.jpg
__________________
Aliens run the internet.

Last edited by iSpin - Israphel; 03-22-2017 at 10:12 AM.
  #25  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Governor
  • Posts: 1,136
Default Re: #Neverforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidz - Siel View Post
Well if you look at it from a stat perspective in a Sin v Sin match. Evasion is pretty strong in a 1v1 setting, not necessarily about the gear in this case. I dont remember Walker's actual gear though that he used for the evasion.
Trust me I get the whole thing sin vs sin. Whatever his name is attacks you for posting a 2 vs idk how many. They were officers also... so I dontstand when he says gear carried you. When people say geared I expect high enchanted mythic rank 1 and like +7 accessories and maybe a +20 weapon.

I think im pretty well geared, now with this update im outdated armor wise. Ill get the new ap gear one day but right now i just dont care anymore.
__________________
{Songweaver - LittleSpoon} | Chanter - Imhottness | Gladiator - Stanza
Sorcerer - Itouchyou | SpiritMaster - Rejectedforlyfe | Gunslinger - WallaWalla
All 65 - Siel 4LYFE | DeMiGoDz Legion.
  #26  
Old 03-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 23
Default Re: #Neverforget

@Acidz, Hi Nate how have you been these days?

-Choppiko/Shroud
  #27  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 427
Default Re: #Neverforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post
Trust me I get the whole thing sin vs sin. Whatever his name is attacks you for posting a 2 vs idk how many. They were officers also... so I dontstand when he says gear carried you. When people say geared I expect high enchanted mythic rank 1 and like +7 accessories and maybe a +20 weapon.

I think im pretty well geared, now with this update im outdated armor wise. Ill get the new ap gear one day but right now i just dont care anymore.
I didn't say gear.


I said gear/mechanics/RNG.


Vinley is clearly better than Johnnywalker, Vinley was one of the best Sins in the world. Vinley got his ass handed to him time and time again, against Johnny because Johnny rocked a set that abused game mechanics and RNG...


Just like that MR set that allowed Vzw to win in the video he posted. Obviously without it, he'd have died way sooner.


Also along the lines, of game mechanics, decently geared Glad + Cleric duo will be able to wipe groups of players who are not grouped/working coordinated and just zerging which is also what the above video is.


The funniest thing is, I haven't said anything at all related to trolling in a very long time. I'm simply stating facts. If you don't agree with them, that is fine, it just shows you don't have a higher level of understanding. That is perfectly fine.


Point is, Vzw is very good at Cleric, but to brag about the above video is criminal for the reasons I have mentioned. The posted video was not one of skill, but gear/game mechanics/RNG, which is what plagues Aion and it's PvP scene.


and yes, I do "have" a geared sin account (albeit 5.3 does change things), and I can assure you how much gear/game mechanics/rng makes things. Just one or two hours of playing with full +7 or greater accs with dual +15'd Prov weapons had me weaker at playing Sin.

I may get a lot of hate, but the joke is on the haters, as all I say is factual and to go against me shows level of skill/knowledge.
__________________
Remember the rules and abide by them.
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/faq.php?faq=_#faq_v
*new account to post under as my main is not one I play with*
  #28  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Governor
  • Posts: 1,221
Default Re: #Neverforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post
Trust me I get the whole thing sin vs sin. Whatever his name is attacks you for posting a 2 vs idk how many. They were officers also... so I dontstand when he says gear carried you. When people say geared I expect high enchanted mythic rank 1 and like +7 accessories and maybe a +20 weapon.

I think im pretty well geared, now with this update im outdated armor wise. Ill get the new ap gear one day but right now i just dont care anymore.
As far as my gear goes, i had 4star Eternal gear Plus 15 including shield with a rank 1 set i believe, i might of had 2 4star sets i cant remember. My mythic accessories were plus 5 which was max (Rings/Belt)at the time with a plus 5 Plume. Hell i rocked BM for a good portion of the time for a Block set.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slur - Siel View Post
@Acidz, Hi Nate how have you been these days?

-Choppiko/Shroud
I am good, long time no see. Been playing Rainbow six siege on PC mostly. No MMOs really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpin - Israphel View Post
I gotta say the one thing I miss the most was your crew around on the forums. Since then this place has been a festering pit of carebears who are delusional enough to think Aion has any semblance of what it once was, or that it's "fine".
[/url]
Yeah the forums used to be a good place for reading. But as the years go, the players go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryTzu - Siel View Post

Point is, Vzw is very good at Cleric, but to brag about the above video is criminal for the reasons I have mentioned. The posted video was not one of skill, but gear/game mechanics/RNG, which is what plagues Aion and it's PvP scene.
RNG goes both ways. It doesn't just favor us. When you pvp in this game you always have to be ready for the unexpected, thats part of being good at this game. There is plenty of people in this game with gear that just don't know how to use it.

As far as the bragging, i really was just trying to stir some stuff up and it worked. I haven't played this game in over 2 years and have not really been active on the forums until this thread. This game just keeps getting closer and closer to death, it is taking awhile i will give Ncsoft that but man its coming lol.

Last edited by Acidz - Siel; 03-22-2017 at 09:28 PM.
  #29  
Old 03-23-2017, 07:41 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 924
Default Re: #Neverforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidz - Siel View Post

As far as the bragging, i really was just trying to stir some stuff up and it worked. I haven't played this game in over 2 years and have not really been active on the forums until this thread. This game just keeps getting closer and closer to death, it is taking awhile i will give Ncsoft that but man its coming lol.
I've 2v6+ enough times to know how much of a pain in the ass several sets of godstones can be while you can only dish out 1 - 2 at a time.
__________________
Aliens run the internet.
  #30  
Old 03-26-2017, 10:13 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 685
Default Re: #Neverforget

Interesting thread..

lots of old gripes and complaints...

Just returned my self.. got two new toons to 65 in the last week on two differnt servers.. going to work on two other on two other servers.. so they'll all have a full set of LM gear for PvE which will be good..

Loading up on ACC for the most part and MR in the new toons gear because those have been my buggaboo's in the past.. not getting good hits, and getting turned into Deavic Puree by magic based attacks..

*shrugs* ah well... still going to have to do a lot of AP Piniata play before I can get PvP gear for my new toons. In no rush. I'm retired now.. I can play this game as much as I want to for as long as it's around. I do get a chuckle watch'n some of the kids strut their epeen.

When I need a real skill based PvP fix I go play world of warships or world of tanks.
__________________
"I mean to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:49 AM.