Old 04-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Elyos
Default Re: What's wrong with the IS Asmos

Exactly!
You try to get a few kills, take forever to kill a single mob, get utterly facerolled, and then you have to stay there in coalition until siege ends, which can be the whole damn hour, or you get nothing.

Lots of other activities one can go do instead that are more rewarding, less frustrating, and less time-consuming.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Asmodians

Reasons IS-A Doesn't Siege UA Anymore:

-Leadership burnout. Leading takes its toll, and while we had things spread out before, the Coalition system does not lend itself to the leadership style of IS-A.

-Siege Timechange. I know a lot of players who cannot go to the UA sieges because NCsoft pushed them back an hour, due to not observing Daylight Savings.

-Coalition Mechanics, Leadership. The Coalition system throws people into random alliances. It hands out leadership positions loosely based on in-game rank. Many of our leaders are at best 5 star officers, some aren't even that high. Conversely, Alaryl is not considered one of our faction leaders - he's despised by a lot of our faction for various reasons - yet if he attends he always has lead, and has trolled us in the past, including by handing it off to Rockles, who is probably the single most worthless great general that's ever played the game.

-Coalition Mechanics, Friendship. As I said previous, Coalitions toss you into random alliances. Our old siege structure was ENTIRELY built around Legion-based alliances, some of which would fill with PUGs. However, as Coalitions stand now, those legions cannot run together. People wanna run with their homeslices, yo, it's that simple. You don't join a legion that does siegecraft as an activity to just solo pug an alliance, you join that kind of legion to work with other like-minded players in order to make your cohesive whole stronger. Coalition does not allow that, and so it detracts from enjoyment.

-New Siege Mechanics. The new siege mechanics seem to be putting a lot of people off. I can't say for certain, since I work nights and cannot go to most sieges anymore due to the time change, but I've heard a lot of people complain about the mechanics, including that sieges take far longer now. It used to be that we could roll through with the buff, and flip all 3 forts in 20 minutes. Now it's maybe 1 fort and it takes 55 minutes.

-Momentum. Because of the various reasons described above, we've basically stalled out. There are some people who are trying to kickstart the engine (Auquin, for example), but it's a difficult process, and it doesn't help that a lot of folks are just negative nancy's about everything.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Asmodians

Holy crap you wrote alot. You dont need to discribe that much to someone who cant figure it out them selfs...

If anything they need a better way to get leaders. A voting window for who can lead. That window is only up for the time the balar to take fort before it all starts so people who come ready are the ones with the most say. Cuz honestly no offense screw the high ranking players, they dont care for anyone else lol well atleast from my server anyways lol cyko blocked me after i took artifacts in abyss before siege.

Last edited by Stanza - Siel; 04-20-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumin - Israphel View Post

-Leadership burnout. Leading takes its toll, and while we had things spread out before, the Coalition system does not lend itself to the leadership style of IS-A.

-Siege Timechange. I know a lot of players who cannot go to the UA sieges because NCsoft pushed them back an hour, due to not observing Daylight Savings.

-Coalition Mechanics, Leadership. The Coalition system throws people into random alliances. It hands out leadership positions loosely based on in-game rank. Many of our leaders are at best 5 star officers, some aren't even that high. Conversely, Alaryl is not considered one of our faction leaders - he's despised by a lot of our faction for various reasons - yet if he attends he always has lead, and has trolled us in the past, including by handing it off to Rockles, who is probably the single most worthless great general that's ever played the game.

-Coalition Mechanics, Friendship. As I said previous, Coalitions toss you into random alliances. Our old siege structure was ENTIRELY built around Legion-based alliances, some of which would fill with PUGs. However, as Coalitions stand now, those legions cannot run together. People wanna run with their homeslices, yo, it's that simple. You don't join a legion that does siegecraft as an activity to just solo pug an alliance, you join that kind of legion to work with other like-minded players in order to make your cohesive whole stronger. Coalition does not allow that, and so it detracts from enjoyment.

-New Siege Mechanics. The new siege mechanics seem to be putting a lot of people off. I can't say for certain, since I work nights and cannot go to most sieges anymore due to the time change, but I've heard a lot of people complain about the mechanics, including that sieges take far longer now. It used to be that we could roll through with the buff, and flip all 3 forts in 20 minutes. Now it's maybe 1 fort and it takes 55 minutes.

-Momentum. Because of the various reasons described above, we've basically stalled out. There are some people who are trying to kickstart the engine (Auquin, for example), but it's a difficult process, and it doesn't help that a lot of folks are just negative nancy's about everything.
That answered all of my questions. Thank you. On a side note, hopefully we get something kickstarted again.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Asmodians

Lumin's reasons are the same for everyone.. all factions/servers. Honestly, does anyone like the new UA sieges?

And the fixes are rather simple, though the coding and things might be more difficult.

First, allow people to queue as an alliance, which would allow for pre-made alliances of like minded people. (Think.. an alliance of afk alts that are just going to sit around as well an alliance of hard-core siegers that are actually going to do things -and- you get to be with your friends.)

Second, give some points for PvP! Even when outnumbered, a faction can get PvP kills. This allows ways to get the min contribution so that the losing faction, if they put in effort, are going to get some kind of reward.

Last, something like what Stanza suggested which takes the leadership out of the hands of often (though not always!) clueless high ranks and puts it into the hands of those that actually lead sieges.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 04-21-2017, 02:46 AM
Elyos

Quote:

Thankies for sharing! I wasn't aware that IS-A is in such a bad place right now. I can't attend on all sieges myself either because of the sieging schedule which is just not player friendly as it's been stated various times on the forum. Still hoping for better days though. <3
Old 04-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Hi, I am from KR-E. I just wanna share my experience and this is come from my self, I do not represent my faction.

It was hard for us (KR-E) to capture UA forts before aion <5.3 since we are outnumbered. The only chance we had was when asmos are lazy. But in 5.3, this new mechanic helps us to get at least 1 fort, or at least we have bigger chance to capture 1 fort. Since both faction have low population, it takes time for both faction to get 1 fort. Asmo can get their fort by killed the deity, but they couldn't overtake the point elyos have in another fort due the time limit.

So, maybe a lot of people complaining about the new UA siege mechanic, but it's an advantage for KR-E, at least for this moment. :P
Old 04-25-2017, 07:18 AM
Asmodians

The other issue is that you have to be a set rank to place the battle kisks or use the skills. There have been sieges where NO ONE had the rank to place the kisks. Making the skills tied to alliance lead/vices would be smarter as then even when the Xforms and such opt to not show people can still try. You also need to get 1k points to get any reward from the siege. The Elyos -IS have on numerous times when all forts are vun came to prevent the asmodians from gaining any fort. Some sieges not enough join to even have a coalition. You need at least 24 people.