Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Elyos
Default New player - mentoring questions?

Today a friend of mine and I decided to try to give this mentoring thing a go, as both sides are supposed to gain rewards. I on my lowly current 10, she at 22. While we were able to complete my quest without a hitch, she never was given a reward for it.

I suspect I'm missing something pretty obvious about why this isn't working the way I heard it should, but scouring google and help files for how to make it cooperate hasn't helped.

So! How does the higher-level gain rewards for helping a bitty player? Do they have to be 40+ and in the orihalcum mentor group .. thing? This page -> http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Mentor+System did not tell me how to tell my friend how to get her rewards, and if anyone can help it'd be appreciated!

As a warning, I am a complete Aion noob, and may not understand things that seem obvious to everyone else yet.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Elyos
Default Re: New player - mentoring questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igen - Siel View Post
Today a friend of mine and I decided to try to give this mentoring thing a go, as both sides are supposed to gain rewards. I on my lowly current 10, she at 22. While we were able to complete my quest without a hitch, she never was given a reward for it.

I suspect I'm missing something pretty obvious about why this isn't working the way I heard it should, but scouring google and help files for how to make it cooperate hasn't helped.

So! How does the higher-level gain rewards for helping a bitty player? Do they have to be 40+ and in the orihalcum mentor group .. thing? This page -> http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Mentor+System did not tell me how to tell my friend how to get her rewards, and if anyone can help it'd be appreciated!

As a warning, I am a complete Aion noob, and may not understand things that seem obvious to everyone else yet.
Welcome to Aion and have a great time!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Elyos

Yes you just answered ur own question. The mentor has a different set of quests than the mentee, which they can only get when they join the Orichalcum key (I believe at level 40).

Meanwhile anyone 10 levels or more above you can still mentor you, but they just won't get quest updates.

The quests themselves are just a means to get mentors and mentees to hang out in the same area, and gives an opportunity for the mentee to ask additional (non-sexual, but maybe) favours from the mentor.

eg:
Mentee (Joe) has a "kill 5 mobs" quest, and Mentor (Bob) has a "help a mentee kill 5 mobs" quest.

Joe and Bob hook up and kill said mobs. They both get a quest update. At this point in time the mutual benefit "deal" is over. HOWEVER :D a smart Joe would say something like:

Joe: "Hey bob, since you're here can you help me kill a few dozen more mobs? I'm almost to level XX and the experience would help"

Bob: (in a good mood) SURE!

Last edited by Halcyondawn - Siel; 05-04-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Elyos

I see. It's a good thing then that my friend's assisting, relying on altruism doesn't usually get anyone anywhere!

Thank you for your quick and detailed response!