Old 10-17-2015, 08:30 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Chat Silence Feature Guide and FAQ

Well your message is technically spam, so...
Old 10-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Elyos

u should ly silence f its necessary like mean rel nessecery
Old 10-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailana - Siel View Post
Well your message is technically spam, so...
NCsoft has no definition / limitation on wat spam is. So technically you're spamming with your not so helpful opinion.

Devil's Advocate:
"It's Spamming if you post more than once."
-Then everyone posting instances repeatedly on LFG would be considered spamming. However the whole point of "LFG" is to post instance recruitment messages. It's not suppose to be used as a Place to chat.

"It's Spamming if You're posting on the wrong channel."
-Then everyone talking nonsense on "LFG" Looking for Group would be considered spamming, in which case report spam away.

(List goes on)

Plus there's a "Block Option" if you don't want to see <player> posting. {GM}'s in the past have told players to use the block.

Lastly, Hime did put a bit of emphasis on the report button is meant for "Kinah Spammers."
Quote:
We encourage players to use the function to report chat violations especially Kinah selling spammers. If you are being harassed, please contact Support versus using the function. Do not use the feature on players you dislike or find annoying; we have the /block command for that.

Last edited by Alicia - Israphel; 10-17-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Elyos

Spam is spam. A tl;dr won't change that.

Quote:
I always tell people who complain about my advertisement to simply Block me.
If this doesn't say it all.

P.S. Your highlight of what Hime stated about the feature has this keyword called "especially". Check its definition, you'll see it doesn't exclude those who think its okay to spam because they're not a kinah seller.

Last edited by Ailana - Siel; 10-17-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Elyos

I wonder if the guy spamming WTS <Call Lightning> every 30 seconds in LFG got silenced.
Was very tempted.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 10-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Elyos

Also, I'm not saying they should have used it on you, but if you believe your message wasn't spam, then please go do some research on it.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Asmodians

Try leaving off about twenty EBEBEBEBEBEBEBEb's and make it a normal sized message

If someone repeatedly fills the screen with smiley faces its still spam.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakk - Siel View Post
Try leaving off about twenty EBEBEBEBEBEBEBEb's and make it a normal sized message

If someone repeatedly fills the screen with smiley faces its still spam.
By Definition By NCsoft Agreement, this would be considered spam:
http://s14.postimg.org/ye7wkfpkx/Spam.png

If you don't like my Recruit message, I always tell ppl to block. If you don't like icons in chat, they should of never added it as an option. Lastly, I put EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB* to catch the regular ppl I do eb with eye.

Advertisements are suppose to be flashy.

*disclaimer*
accidently put spam label on legion chat because it was green (too lazy to correct it)

Last edited by Alicia - Israphel; 10-17-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Asmodians

How did telling people to block you work out?

Edit= Do you really not see the difference between your message and every one of the ones on the photo you posted?

Last edited by Frakk - Siel; 10-17-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakk - Siel View Post
How did telling people to block you work out?

Edit= Do you really not see the difference between your message and every one of the ones on the photo you posted?
An advertisement is an advertisement whether it has repeated icons or initials of the run. I purposely do this to catch the regular "EB-ers" eye so we can form the group n' move out quick.

Please come back when u have dealt with whiny ppl 48+ people saying "WHY DIDNT U INVITE ME, I DIDN'T SEE YOUR ADVERTISEMENT!" @ least my excuse now is first come first serve.

+/-20% (estimate) they'll follow the instructions. the +/-10% will complain and complain and then spam LFG to harass and verbally abuse. +/-70% will ignore it and move on.

The +/-10% who complain and publicly harass me are the culprits in game who will abuse the report spam function.

*disclaimers* estimates (yes I'm making up these statistics because your question was rhetorical and felt like I should answer anyways

Last edited by Alicia - Israphel; 10-17-2015 at 01:07 PM.