Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Asmodians
Default Been Playing A Month But Really Confused

I've been playing a month and I like the game alot. It's no where as addicting as WoW, but I still enjoy it because I can balance it with my real life really well. There's 1 major concern though, I thought the server merges were good. I'm happy there is enough people to start actually doing things.

I've played both Elyos and Asmodian. I played Asmodian first seeing as it caught my eye with the looks and feel of the story line. I then heard that Elyos is more "horde like" and such. Seeing as I came from WoW I decided to give it a go.

I honestly have a neutral feeling for both sides now. While playing Elyos I was told "If your below lv 35 or new please roll asmo and help us out". Thinking I would want to be the underdog and help the community I decided to roll an Asmodian Ranger.

Now I've been hearing all the rumors of which server needs what. I've got Elyos on Israphel. I want to help the community by pitching in, but I don't want to be totally destroyed. I'm looking for a East Coast server that's kinda balanced and has some Asmos I can roll with.

I started a character on Nezekhan to try out an oceanic server. I hardly see anyone my level on, so I said "why not try out Zikel". Now I don't know which server to choose and I'm totally confused can please help me?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Been Playing A Month But Really Confused

noob u are
Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Asmodians

Please ignore idiots like the one above me, Luprical. Since you've played WoW, I'm sure you're familiar with trolls.

Right now, the servers are in flux. It's only been a week since merges, and anyone who says one side has claimed dominance already is full of it. No one side can definitively be in command of a server; it's still far too early. Organizational systems are still being conceived, and new ways for all the legions to communicate are being ironed out. That said, some of the servers have some factions taking an early lead. My advice is to scan the server forums and try to get a feel for how the community of each is leaning. You can make your decision after that. My advice--don't pick something because you think it will 'help out' the other players. The above poster should be an indication of the intelligence of an average player. You don't want to make your decisions on how to spend your time with people like that in mind. Choose what will make you happiest and good luck!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Asmodians

Hmm...you say its not possibel for one side to be dominant on a server. However your toon is on the server that is rumored to be the most balanced. Biased much?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Asmodians

Well his server must be good haha. He seems to be making the most sense.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Asmodians

To Violinkitty-- I said that anyone claiming dominance right now is absurd. It's been a week. How can a long-term superiority be declared after less than ten forts have been claimed?

In a month or two we can perhaps have sides that can claim dominance over the other. But now? That's silly. What with transfers coming up, the situation is even more up in the air. No one knows how these transfers will change the already precarious sides. Some people are jumping ship, some are staying put. No one can predict where all the chips will fall, so until then, just play and enjoy yourself.

Luprical-- Come look me up on Vaizel. I'm rebuiling my rig, but when I come back, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have in game.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Elyos

just piuck the server that makes you happiest and seems to have less ping. i wouldn't worry about which needs the most help. Server merges just happened and lots of character transfers will be happening the next month or so till things get balanced out. just play and have fun.