Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Asmodians
Default SM or Sorc?? some questions

Id love to be either an Spirit master or sorceror, i was wondering witch one has less buttons to push and is easier, i have bad eyes so im a bit slow on some things and im looking for an easy class to mostly solo/instance with since i dont really pvp much.
please let me know, also any tips on the classes would be appreciated very much. =)
Old 07-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Elyos
Default Re: SM or Sorc?? some questions

I have a SM, and as far as SM Vs Sorc, SM will win. SM if played right will beat any class in game, but it is a very difficult class to understand, and has many spells which is what you are not looking for, so id recommend sorcerer which is simpler. The duty of a SM in a group is to dispel shields from the opponent in pvp and pve, fear the enemy in pvp and use dots to slowly kill your enemy. The SM also has the ability to take flight speed and over time healing potions as well as any kind of buff your target has off. As for a sorc, its ability in a group is to DPS and sleep the secondary mob. In pvp a sorc pretty much sleeps its target then hits it with full blast to just kill it off.

As for any other classes, the easiest i would think to play is the cleric, since in a pvp perspective it just heals and slowly kills its target. In pve though, if your a bad cleric, it is going to stand out and it can give you pretty bad reputation, thus making it harder to find groups. Another class you might want to try might be ranger as well. Rangers pretty much don't have many skills that have to be used in a certain order like SM in order to work effectively. With rangers you pretty much start with your stunning skills and then do ur damage burst skills.

Edit: the class i dont really recommend are assassins, just dont mess with it =s it might be sorta complicated to play in a pvp perspective and are very weak compared to other classes in my opinion. Chanters can be a good class, but i dislike them and wont play 1
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Asmodians

hmm now you got me wanting to try out a ranger,
would you say ranger is easier then sorc? or are they about the same for solowise.
also buttons, witch would have less, ranger or sorc? (sorry im asking so many questions!)
Old 07-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Elyos

solo wise, they about the same, sorc is easier to do elites with, but rangers in pvp pretty much have the ability to move, weather as a sorc, u have to stand to cast ur skills, which i dont like. Sm can move as well. for sorc though, all u gotta do at 50 for pvp is sleep and then blast em off. its just getting that sleep off which is hard, but for pve wise, i would enjoy sorc more
Old 07-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Asmodians

ah, you make it difficult to choose! ithink ill play as a scout/ranger till 20 then ee if i want to continue with it =)

one more question
why would you enjoy sorc ore for pve?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Elyos

sorc has more dps/ bursts and i enjoy sleeping mobs as well lol. and also, at lvl 20 rangers wont tell u anything, u need to be at 45 to start seeing what a ranger is =s try and do some research vids on youtube, helps alot
Old 07-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Asmodians

hmm. ok ill watch vids but i think ill be happier as a sorc, even though im pretty sucky at kiting (though isuppose you need to kite as a ranger too) and i honestly level WAY to slowly to get up to 45 and see what a class is like. that may take me months lol.

i appeciate your advice and replies, thank you very much!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Asmodians

If you don't like to kite, I think you will definitely enjoy a sorc more at least below level 22 or so. Because rangers have to kite a LOT till they get more skills. Sorcs can kill most mobs before they can reach you, at the most you may need to root and move once. When you start grouping you will need to be good at keeping your CC target locked down though as a sorc.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Elyos

I have a higher level sorc and spirit master. The Sm is better at soloing. they both have a lot of buttons to push. Way too many than will fit on the normal action bars (Thanks for the expanded ones last patch NCSoft). In a group the sorc ends up doing a lot of crowd controlling which requires a lot of timing and such.

Basically a SM is a slow killer but can handle larger mobs and has more tools to do it with. The Sorc is a fast killer but can't handle the tougher mobs solo.

Both are good choices and i doubt you'd complain about either. if you are concerned about button pushing, choose the SM as you can lay off the buttons and your pet will still tank for you. If you lay off the buttons on your sorc, you're dead.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutupndance - Israphel View Post
I have a higher level sorc and spirit master. The Sm is better at soloing. they both have a lot of buttons to push. Way too many than will fit on the normal action bars (Thanks for the expanded ones last patch NCSoft). In a group the sorc ends up doing a lot of crowd controlling which requires a lot of timing and such.

Basically a SM is a slow killer but can handle larger mobs and has more tools to do it with. The Sorc is a fast killer but can't handle the tougher mobs solo.

Both are good choices and i doubt you'd complain about either. if you are concerned about button pushing, choose the SM as you can lay off the buttons and your pet will still tank for you. If you lay off the buttons on your sorc, you're dead.
ohhh, now i cant choose! lol. i probably will go with SM if i can let my pet attack and i can just DoT the mob. i do mostly solo, i dont like ot go into groups because of my eyes, i mess up often and i hate messing up everyones good time =/

EDIT - well i think ill go Sorc anyways, SM just seems too complicated, Sorc is repitition, i like repitition, hard to mess up.