Old 02-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Elyos
Default Re: For those who thinking to get BM attack speed orb/tome in this upcoming update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoodoctor - Tiamat View Post
I think att spd is pretty beneficial for sorc pve. Freezing windweave is a big dps increase for sorcs. Attack spd helps speed up animation of skills, especially noticeable on instacast type skills. A weaving sorc has more 'skills' used in total compared to an average non weaving sorc, so the animation times reduced from attack spd adds up during a long boss fight.
Att speed will grant u higher dps, if u pay attention to flame harpoon chain skills, it is noticably faster with att speed. And also freezing wing, refracting shard And a few more.

Another thing is that mythic bm att speed has really good stats as bottom combine.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:26 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: For those who thinking to get BM attack speed orb/tome in this upcoming update

Faster animation time on Sleep Storm can = win in many pvp encounters
Old 02-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Asmodians

Ok i cant seem to pick out if this thread is talking about the attk speed orb for pvp or pve cause it seems everyone just ignores the opposite response.

The BM mythic attack speed orb and tome is a PVP weapon. That means it have pvp stats and generally low MB/ma compared to other mythic strictly PVE weps. thus even if the attack speed helps in pve it is useless as a bottom combine because 1k more mb is better then 19% attack speed.

For a pve weapon you want to combine the Highest amount of MB/MA/crit spell you can into a weapon so each of your spells hit like trucks. which the BM mythic tome/orb does not make a very good combine for a strictly PVE weapon.

It is however great for a PVP weapon because it gives pvp stats so you put it under a PVE weapon like you would a 2 star wep. It has about the same stats as the 2 star wep and this way you have both attack speed and cast speed, as your top combine is likely either EB, ADLR, or DD which is all cast speed. So that you get a slight advantage of faster animation and you dont waste a bonus stat of a second cast speed % since it dosent stack.

TL;DR BM attk speed tome/orb =PVP wep not PVE has slight advantage but at certain ping levels unnoticeable.

Last edited by Teiluj - Tiamat; 02-29-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiluj - Tiamat View Post
Ok i cant seem to pick out if this thread is talking about the attk speed orb for pvp or pve cause it seems everyone just ignores the opposite response.

The BM mythic attack speed orb and tome is a PVP weapon. That means it have pvp stats and generally low MB/ma compared to other mythic strictly PVE weps. thus even if the attack speed helps in pve it is useless as a bottom combine because 1k more mb is better then 19% attack speed.

For a pve weapon you want to combine the Highest amount of MB/MA/crit spell you can into a weapon so each of your spells hit like trucks. which the BM mythic tome/orb does not make a very good combine for a strictly PVE weapon.

It is however great for a PVP weapon because it gives pvp stats so you put it under a PVE weapon like you would a 2 star wep. It has about the same stats as the 2 star wep and this way you have both attack speed and cast speed, as your top combine is likely either EB, ADLR, or DD which is all cast speed. So that you get a slight advantage of faster animation and you dont waste a bonus stat of a second cast speed % since it dosent stack.

TL;DR BM attk speed tome/orb =PVP wep not PVE has slight advantage but at certain ping levels unnoticeable.
I'm sorry to say but this isn't 100% accurate.
Sorcs who are at end game, or even full IS.... Stat cap pretty easily for anything in the game atm.
The only plus the Vash orb gives over the mythic BM orb is 4 ancient manastone slots that sorcs put c9's in.
(It totals out to about 17cspell depending on your Vash subfuse)
(Remember this is end game sorcs, who cap out at 428x/2k therefore mb/macc doesn't come into play here.)

However the 1.1 attack speed a sorc can get to with the mythic bm subfuse is a huge improvement from the 1.8/2.2 that is what most sorcs are at.
Taking into account any sorc playing under 200 ping is going to do more damage using fw-aac-skill-fw-aac-skill. Than a sorc using fw-skill-fw-skill.
It then becomes a great advantage to have attack speed on said orb.
Vaziels is always up for needed 2-4s skills. With an attack speed orb now so easily available. There is no reason to not use it pending you play with less than 200ping.

If you would like a damage parse I can happily give one in my next DD/IS, then go back to my old orb for comparison.

Pvp orbs aren't used for pvp unless you're against a class that you can sac the silence gs & some macc.

Last edited by TaurieI - Tiamat; 03-01-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Elyos

And to be honest, since the mb gonna cap anyway, it doesnot matter orb or book which one u will use. Personally i use book in pve cuz i got it first and the extra ma from book is better than 50mb from orb
Old 03-07-2016, 06:14 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiluj - Tiamat View Post

I'm currently at 4.3K MB (includes robe + consumables) using a mythic bm atk speed combine and that is with +1 IS armor. The most MB you currently need for pve is ~4283 to get capped against Beritra, and realistically you can get away with less based on group comp (MS debuffs from AT/dps cler, for example), so there's plenty of room to compensate for the small MB loss compared to other high-MB combine options.

The real endgame pve meta for sorcs is MB/crit spell though, which requires enchanting your gear to prevent your MB from getting too low (unless you have an AT/chanter in which case you can get away with lower MB), my CS set is not finished so I'm only at 3900 MB / 350 CS with robe/food/idian (meaning I still get MB capped with Magic Assist), and I can still maintain sustained 4.9K ~ 5K DPS with that set on 4.x bosses (more if I have a SW in group), and this is playing with 180 ~ 200 ping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIIIIIIIIIIIHAAA - Siel View Post
And to be honest, since the mb gonna cap anyway, it doesnot matter orb or book which one u will use. Personally i use book in pve cuz i got it first and the extra ma from book is better than 50mb from orb
If you weave auto attacks as part of your rotation (no reason to not do it, you're already in melee range for Freezing Wind anyway) you're better off with an orb: orb auto attacks are fire based so they benefit from flame fusion, while tome AAs are water-based so they don't benefit from it. Tome AAs deal less damage than orb AAs from a same-grade weapon.

MP management is easy regardless of what you use (refracting shard on demand, MP macros, SW/chanter in group, etc), but orb also wins in this aspect as on average they have 2K higher MP than an equivalent tome.

I agree your first BM atk speed combine should be used on your pvp weapon, I'm currently using my pvp tome in pve to benefit from the atk speed until I can farm a second bm atk speed combine for my pve orb.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:02 AM
Elyos

Update on ATK speed orb

With 5.1 update and wind spear become 30 sec cd(deal more dmg than ice harpoon without vaizel and faster animation)I say atk speed orb is really worth it even in pve it does speed up your vaziel (buff animation),flame harpoon chain,meteorite,refracting shard chain and it will super fast when u got wow.

I say it's worth for the trouble so I recommend u to get BM atk speed orb now.
Mythic AC orb +10 fuse with atk speed BM is the best.

I don't know how's it work for SM any input'd be greatly appreciate thanks.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:38 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelewen - Siel View Post
Update on ATK speed orb

With 5.1 update and wind spear become 30 sec cd(deal more dmg than ice harpoon without vaizel and faster animation)I say atk speed orb is really worth it even in pve it does speed up your vaziel (buff animation),flame harpoon chain,meteorite,refracting shard chain and it will super fast when u got wow.

I say it's worth for the trouble so I recommend u to get BM atk speed orb now.
Mythic AC orb +10 fuse with atk speed BM is the best.

for sm, they can burn ur scroll even faster now
Old 12-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelewen - Siel View Post
SM's in the know have been using Attack speed combines since 3.0

Tumblr/Art - http://forthyn.tumblr.com/
Old 12-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forthyn - Siel View Post
SM's in the know have been using Attack speed combines since 3.0
Pretty sure they been using it since 50E+Lannoks

Assassin Guide - http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2012210
4.9 PvP Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdoVS22rPs