Old 03-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Elyos
Default Re: #Neverforget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidz - Siel View Post
At least Jake is consistent, he hasn't changed one bit. I guess he still hasn't gotten any gear to compete since thats his only argument. I'm starting to think he is afraid of getting gear because he is afraid of competing.

As far as gear goes, Etri was not as geared as some glads. Don't get me wrong he was geared but there was better at the time (Toki, TJ , etc). There was plenty more geared than him but most if not close to all were not as effective as him. As far as i go, i was pretty well off in some aspects of the game for healing purposes. Damn plus 4 shield ( inside joke for asmos who knew me ).

Does Baron, Snooky, Pessimism( i know she doesn't play ), TJ, Gemii still play this game? Those were some of the best clerics to play this game.
The only player who still plays in those you mentioned is TJ i beleive . Gemii went on BR when the server opened . I don't think she is still around though.

Etri was indeed not that gear but he knew how to make the most of his class and that's what made him such a powerfull weapon .

On a side note , im not a pro player so I don't really get to be in the elite pvp group of this game but I did had the previlege to group with the cleric Guess on siel elyos and let me tell you she can easily be in top 5 cleric on siel elyos.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Asmodians

I got 3 shot by baron back in danaria.

So i want to know what yall mean about geared. It sounds to me they are all +20 mythic armor and what +8 accessories back in 4.7 or lower.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post

So i want to know what yall mean about geared. It sounds to me they are all +20 mythic armor and what +8 accessories back in 4.7 or lower.
Bbaron was nuking people before tempering was around. He just knew how to survive and line up a full burst. He was as geared as anyone else back then.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post

you couldnt even +8 accessories in 4.7. he was really good at surviving and waiting the right moment to burst while you are out of CD's
Old 03-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaariioNaharis - Siel View Post
So if you played cleric you would heal your group in HP or MB sets and think you would do better ? Its like you don't understand that to better heal your group you need to be able to survive and avoid being silenced as much as possible. Also that video was recorded before cleric heals became rediculously overpowered (hint ... splendor of recovery buffed with blessed shield perhaps?)

and that aside , its like you're forgeting that cleric isnt just about that , you need to know how to heal your group and how to manage your cd's and also manage your distances to avoid being caught in the crossfire . I don't think that VZW is the best cleric I know but hes clearly skilled and knows what hes doing. I wouldnt be able to tell the same about you just the way you talk .

You're clearly either not paying attention or just completely oblivious.

Yes, you need gear to survive and there is no problem with that, what I am saying is Vzw is gloating about what he did, when what he did, even in the video above, has nothing to do with skill, it was all gear and game mechanics/rng. I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with people who may be skilled, but act like they win because of their skill or because they are better when that had no real affect on the outcome.

And Vzw, you could say I "have" a fully geared sin, with +15'd prov weapons. Slightly changed now with 5.3, but given 5.0-5.1, was definitely top tier geared and with that I know what I am talking about. I intentionally don't play it because there is no fun in being super geared -- which is also why I don't strive hard to get better gear.

More gear = less skill.

More gear = more crutch and you become weaker as a player.

I understand you have your ego and your pride, much like Aeros and many others, but it's criminal to act as if you win because of skill and not because of gear/game mechanics/RNG.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryTzu - Siel View Post
More gear = less skill.

More gear = more crutch and you become weaker as a player.
Thx I needed a good laugh!
Old 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Elyos

This thread is funny
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya - Siel View Post
Thx I needed a good laugh!

So what you're saying is that you don't agree with me.

And by that, you admit Johnnywalker was clearly a better sin than you, and didn't beat you because of gear + RNG advantage.

We all remember the rage streams of him tearing you up back to back 10x+ in a row no problems.

You fell victim to this as well, you aint even half as good as you were back in the 3.0 era. You don't even weave anymore. You lost your focus, and that's what I'm saying.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:21 AM
Asmodians

You all really have the biggest grudges and just talk talk talk... i mean jesus... you sit here and say these guys were way over geared. Yet no one can tell me what they were wearing. I saw they were facing 4stars and up so obviously they should be geared, also outnumbered. The salt here is real. Everyone gets wins and everyone loses, and RNG in this game ruin everything but play for fun and your life will be easier.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryTzu - Siel View Post
So what you're saying is that you don't agree with me.

And by that, you admit Johnnywalker was clearly a better sin than you, and didn't beat you because of gear + RNG advantage.

We all remember the rage streams of him tearing you up back to back 10x+ in a row no problems.

You fell victim to this as well, you aint even half as good as you were back in the 3.0 era. You don't even weave anymore. You lost your focus, and that's what I'm saying.
Oh jeez... I don't care about this game enough anymore to e-peen with you; But, I just can't resist shutting down trolls, so;

1. Sure, Walker maybe went on some win spree's once in a while, he was full EVA Sin with double blind GS's, more geared than I was (which contradicts everything you just said) and most likely used some type of animation hacks because he was eventually banned.

But let's be clear about one thing; Aside from that one time you mentioned, I use to make a fool out of him, on many occasions; And any frequent viewer (And I have many) could verify that without hesitation. Taking off tons of gear and still kill him, not using RS, using only one weapon... Etc etc... It was generally a joke.

I didn't always take my duels with him seriously (Though I probably did that time, I don't like losing back to back) AND; On top of all of that, duels with him were fairly retarded. He just full buffs (Sens + Whisper + Breakaway) every fight and turns it into a slug-fest. It wasn't fun to duel like that to me, and I'm not the type of player to glide down a hill to avoid full buff's in a duel, I'll just play it out and try my best.

2. As far as not being as good at the game anymore; NO nyerk. I haven't played in what? Over a year, seriously? And assassin is one of the harder classes. I mean, as far as you critiquing my recent play, I don't know how or where you possibly could judge me, anyways, because I've barely played. I've done PVP on MAYBE 3-4 occasions that I can think of since coming back to the game. Not to mention, up until 2 days ago WTFast had a significant bug with AION (can verify by looking at their recent patch release notes) and I basically was proxy-less; with unstable ping that naturally jumped around from 75-200+ because I refused to pay for a half-assed proxy service.

3. And last, but not least, you've been trolling these forums, and critiquing me every chance you get, for years. If you have something to say, by all means, say it; I'm not really a bragger, nor do I go out of my way to pretend I'm some god among men, or better than anyone else. And honestly I could care less about this game after all this time. I'm mostly playing it because I'm bored on breaks from work and school and league can only keep me occupied for so long.

And yet, every time I see you post about me, for some reason, you think you're significant enough to critique or judge me, say how I'm over-rated, or just generally troll. My e-peen doesn't need stroking so I generally ignore it. I don't care enough about your opinion to even respond when people link me things you post or say, but it's obvious you have some deep underlying self-esteem issues. I think you need a break from MMO's; I know it did me some good.