Old 07-16-2017, 02:48 AM
Elyos
Default New player(kinda) EU or NA?

Hello lads and ladies, I have couple of questions for you so if you don't mind answering it would be great.

I used to play Aion vanilla several years back (feels like ages) but now thanks to burnouts from other mmorpg I'm kinda looking to pick up Aion once again.
Even tho I did play I really can't remember much as I never really reached level 50 if that used to be max level?

Anyways I was wondering what servers should I drop on. What is better for new or returning player EU or NA? I've heard alot of flawed BS on EU servers but can't find that much info on NA. I do have full account at European servers but thats not the case tho I don't mind paying few coins to get some packs or anything.

My other concern how is the game population at NA servers compared to EU?

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:24 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: New player(kinda) EU or NA?

Aion N/A will be having merges shortly'ish. If you want a populated server, go for Siel. As for Na Vs EU, I think EU has more people a this time than we do over here. They have also stepped up their game quite a bit and from what I'm gathering, their people don't seem to be that unhappy with Gameforge like they used to be.

What's better for you as a player I can't say. If I didn't invest as much time over here and didn't know the people I do know, I would have chosen EU over NA at this time. While before choosing NA was a no brainer.

But as I can't deal with breaking gear and taking forever to level, I can't invest into either anymore! 😥 When I log on it's just for skins!!
Old 07-16-2017, 05:10 AM
Elyos

Ah sad to hear that. I wish this game has made it at western parts it had such huge potential. Maybe one day we'll see relaunch with people coming back. I loved vanilla Aion tho from what I remember back then, some really nice memories such as fighting kraul elites was it? With my bro and my friend, some really awesome experiences... when ever I think about it nostalgia hits me hard haha.

Last edited by LeeSin - Siel; 07-16-2017 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:16 AM
Asmodians

This is just my take on it though, I'm sure there are people who disagree.😊
Old 07-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Asmodians

The annoying thing about Gameforge is the Gold Pack,
although now they've made it so if you have the kinah you can purchase it directly from the broker. Other than that, EU has a very friendly community,
whereas from personal experience, NA in comparison, can be rather toxic.
I couldn't choose between either and as such sort of balance both... But EU is definitely seeing more activity at the moment and Gameforge has really stepped up with keeping the players informed. Though with server merges coming up it's hard to say which is "better".
Old 07-16-2017, 11:26 PM
Asmodians

I didn't like the gold pack either, but I've spent so much money over here that it didn't even matter in the end. Maybe I would have spent less had I never left EU. But then again, I spent a lot of money there too.😶

There's no hope for people like me!!

Last edited by Larxe - Siel; 07-17-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:31 AM
Asmodians

I agree with Larxe, but not that much with Ces. The gold pack IT IS annoying, true: I also played there before the 5.0, and I didn't really need to buy anything from broker; but nowadays, with breakable gears and many tradeable high-tier stuff, this might be a problem (although you could pay it only when needed). I suffered most for the limited amount of entries per week (like only 3 linkgate per week for example).

However, I wouldn't say that the community is in general more toxic here. I stopped to play on Deyla because of the community indeed; people argued for anything, it was too stressful and not funny at all. While on Kahrun I'm quite happy with the community. But I probably wouldn't be that happy on Siel (tried for few weeks only).
It depends more on the single server than on the whole NA vs EU imo.

Last edited by Urud - Kahrun; 07-17-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:07 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urud - Kahrun View Post
It depends more on the single server than on the whole NA vs EU imo.
The more servers available, the easier it is to get away from toxic elements. Unfortunately, with NA consolidating into two servers, you won't be able to escape the bad apples anymore. You're right for the time being, but I think it's safe to say that NA will end up being more toxic than EU.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Asmodians

I got characters both on NA and since few months in EU and tbh. gameforge used to be worst thing ever but lately (unlike NA) they really do A LOT for the player base and to keep the game active while NA doing everything to kill it...

EU got long exp "events" 50% during week and 100% for chosen weekends...
Daily in game activity rewards for running things (free amulets, food and stars) and no, I don't mean the daily reward for logging in, there is extra board where you are getting hero missions like killing specific amount of enemies in your land or running Adma or other instances...
Also they got special offers for players who buy aion coins - the more u buy the better price you get and can count on some bonus coins. Many items you can get there for way lower prices then on NA...
People are quite friendly, population is way higher, so it's easy to find some runs - quick que for pvpve usually takes like 5 min.

NA got... umm... sometimes exp weekend... same price for Ncoin not matter how many u wanna buy... completely no loyalty rewards... servers are mega quiet even during pvpve window... kinda ghost town... people basically log in to chit chat with friends... if you have any issues with game or suggestions you can be 100% sure to get generic answers from support with 70% chance the answers wont even fit your ticket - rest gonna be smth around this line "dude go to forum cuz idk" ;)

Tbh. If not friends, I wouldn't even bother to login on NA anymore...
Servers are ghost town, support don't care about anything, every suggestion either goes to their new games or we can just shove it you know where...
They feed us empty promises - website, fixing bugs, open dialogue with players, merges...

Never thought NC west gonna fall lower then Gameforge's once did but well... here we are...

There was time I would say come NA cuz it's better place, tooday I think best choice to have fun and enjoy this game is going to EU.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urud - Kahrun View Post
However, I wouldn't say that the community is in general more toxic here. I stopped to play on Deyla because of the community indeed; people argued for anything, it was too stressful and not funny at all. While on Kahrun I'm quite happy with the community.
I can't compare NA to EU since I only play NA but I transfered my 2 mains out of KR and moved to TM a year ago because the Asmodian community there is TOXIC beyond belief. I still check in occasionally only to be disappointed to see the same group of people still running the server into the ground. The top ranks are useless and don't get along. A huge part of that falls on Aioroz because he lost his Governor title to ThunderSpank and he still hasn't gotten over it. Aioroz pits everyone against Thunder and his legion, so do the people in Singularity. Yet these are the very same people who cry about the fraction not working together. LOL? I'm not sure how anyone could be happy with that kind of mess.

I did also reroll and made an Elyos on Kahrun, we might be the underdogs atm but the community on this side is far better. People are kinder. You don't have to worry about some snarky remark being thrown at you in LFG if you need help or have a question. Less drama overall but pretty soon that will change. With the servers being merged into 2, it's going to be more toxic like what LeaveMeAlone said.