Old 12-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Asmodians
Default Sin or....

Hey all. I am a returning player after many years. I remember playing this game when it first came out... it's been to long.

Anyway I am trying to decide who to play. After all the changes I've been reading it seems insane. Sins are actually good in pvp now? Hah I remember when they could barely flick a rock at a enemy in PvP and do anything. Now I am reading they are kings of 1v1? Is this true?

I really enjoyed the class when I used to play but was turned off by how difficult it was to PvP with them. I also mained a SM. I am very interested in end-game pvp. Mainly solo pvp in mind. I like the idea of stealthing, killing, and stealthing again to get away. However I love having pets. What about the new classes? I am not sure what class to pick.

Here is my list of things I am looking for in a class:

1) High DMG
And
2) Capable of tearing down a templar... I know sorcs and SMs were the best at doing this in the past
Old 12-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Sin or....

aethertech is the newest class, and the newest class is always the best in pvp

Last edited by Dicebox - Tiamat; 12-28-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Asmodians

Robots and Plate are still scary for Sins, but full use of our kits make quick work of anyone.

Sins are OW pvp kings, and being the fastest pace class they are also the most fun to play.

Assassin Guide - http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2012210
4.9 PvP Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdoVS22rPs
Old 12-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Asmodians

I'd recommend SW, especially if you've played with SM in the past.

No Sin can ever beat a Templar unless back to back para procs. If a Sin beats a Templar, it's because that Templar is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad.

SW is the king of 1v1 then comes Templar.

5.3-5.5 has MSupp changes so I don't know how broken SW will still be, but as of right now, SW can't lose against anyone 1v1 if they know how to play. Problem is, it's such a simple and overpoweredly broken class people don't know how to think outside of the box and learn how to play.

edit: Sin is good in OW for the sheer fact of hide, and that is nulled against decent players. Sin will lose 1v1 against all Melee classes if they know how to play. Sin will beat Ranger/Gunner/Cleric if they know how to play. Sins will beat Sorcs/SMs/SWs if they outplay them however it is not entirely a Sin's win by class design like many may think.

this is all assuming equal gear and class design only, not including random RNG elements or various other influences (i.e. arenas and getting affected by the Hog mob)

Sin is simply balanced skill wise and is relatively balanced across the classes.

Last edited by LegendaryTzu - Siel; 12-29-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:57 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryTzu - Siel View Post
SW is the king of 1v1 then comes Templar.
I lost for the first time against a SW in Discipline. I took an 8k Crit, which was as much a shock to me as my first erection.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Asmodians

SW is king and then comes Templar is of course not considering SM which goes without saying is the most broken piece of crap ever.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:35 AM
Asmodians

In return we are useful in PVE

Old 01-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Asmodians

Running scoundrel's bond, so you get shimmer, it is actually fairly even vs Templar (on NA anyway), assuming gear is somewhere close to equivalent which can be a long shot but I'm not looking to be infallible.

Basically, I run scoundrel so I have shimmer so I can use that to scare most temps into GHP. After that I use BB, go to town and carve runes. After that, KE into an AH and apply silence with runes so they don't immediately RS heal. The only real problem is hoping pulls do not land through BA/CW. SD and AT are more important than you think too. Templars can bury dazing and it's important that doesn't happen to you as it's going to cut our rune carve time down real bad and our damage pressure is super important to forcing a Templar into defensive play, which is where they start to nyerk up.

Not saying it's easy, but in the real world if you practice and are familiar with your binds (and you MUST have binds in order to do well as a Sin, IMO) you'll find you will probably overcome most Templars you fight. No, you won't beat them all but I mean there's gonna be sorcs that kick the crap out of you too if they're geared. I know that sounds weird but a top tier sorc is gonna two - three shot a Sin if they manage to bury silence.

I know jake is going to write a couple paragraphs about why this is all garbage and I don't disagree, but it's just general advice for fighting the average - mildly advanced player that makes up most of NA's population.

In the magical realm of top tier vs top tier super gear/super players yes, Templar will win every time without either UD, or Stance. unfortunately no templars on NA have any etiquette and they all play like sleezy crap.

ITT: KE is your best friend and be tricky with silence. Remember, it cuts down their attack speed too. Don't feel bad EVER about losing to a Temp who iron skins and ALWAYS expect them to stance + UD. I know some Temps take pride in only having to do one or the other, but most don't. The ones who do not pop UD or do not stance are the ones you should worry about.

Last edited by Flatline - Israphel; 01-12-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Asmodians

I wont write an essay as to why you're wrong but just point out one huge flaw. To follow up what you say is to have basic knowledge of the game. Templars that lose to such are ones who have no basic concept knowledge of the game. Thus you're vastly outplaying them.

even skill/gear, Templar will win every time unless by the mercy of the RNG gods.

edit: I beat templars and Glads all the time, but these are players that have little to no concept or understanding of the game. Unfortunately there is a breaking point where you cannot outplay temps and glads and theyre gonna wreck you.

Last edited by LegendaryTzu - Siel; 01-12-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Asmodians

I don't doubt there are huge flaws. I'm still learning Sin to be honest. You reiterated my point though, essentially. The advice I gave was for beginner to intermediate, which imo is good because the relativity of all of this is simple. The people coming here for advice are as such, beginner to intermediate, including myself and you. There are two parts to Vs Templar, quick or long. IMO a good sin finishes a Temp quickly, probably before they even get a chance to get EA off which is beyond a doubt their most OP skill. Pulls, both passively and aggressively, we can counter and stance and UD aren't entirely a match for us given KE if we want to go for severe damage and we can mitigate with 2 blinds. The problem is utilizing massacre properly and quickly without getting caught so we can safely bury if needed which given PoF is more often than not true. It's hard to determine in a short period of time if you should go with silence or KE a stun/AH. I suppose if you pre-carve the runes into a silence and quickly ripclaw the AH their RS heal is gone. Follow up with shimmer and they either wait it out, which gives you some time to bury or they pot which leaves you with BB for the entire duration of GHP. Even with stance you can chase/do damage and prepare to another KE into a stun because their RS is probably down. I find it entirely reasonable to WW on a Temp who has both popped UD and Stance let alone iron skin, which IMO warrants a jelly for spiral or another WW to wait out UD. That's really the hard part, I think; determing whether or not a Templar is going to fight like a piece of rubbish or like a real pvper. Maybe that sounds QQ, but as someone who has mained Temp for a number of years and learned to fight sins no UD or no stance, it means a lot to a Sin. I value a Temp who does only one or the other and I can see it unlike most sins who simply assume they stanced + UD.