Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 261
Default How to get Godstones

I'm hoping to create a guide for those people who can't afford to buy a 60m-120m godstone, and/or would like to try and farm them instead. So far I can only recollect 3 ways to get godstones:
  • Solo Crucible - Completing 6 rounds 5 or 6 times for a bonus 7th round; reward for completing 7th round is a godstone
  • Atrian Atlas - After killing someone of the enemy faction, you get a godstone pack. I think you have to be lvl 25 as well, as I have killed plenty of enemy faction under 25 wihtout being eligible.
  • World Drop - Randomly killing mobs can yeild a small chance of drop. I've done DP 50+ times and 3 times they can drop from random mobs.

Let me know all of the other additions to this list in order to help people out. Thanks!
  #2  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 833
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvi - Siel View Post
[*]Solo Crucible - Completing 6 rounds 5 or 6 times for a bonus 7th round; reward for completing 7th round is a godstone
Really? Did they change it in 3.7? I did that many times before and never got a godstone.
  #3  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 908
Default Re: How to get Godstones

The solo crucible has a SMALL chance to drop a GREEN godstone, which has the same effect as normal godstones but with reduced potency/duration.

Atlas is a good way to go :)

World drop is very rare - I have played thousands of hours and have only had 1 godstone drop for me off a normal mob, and only seen 2 or 3 others in group instances. I have NEVER seen a gold godstone drop.

The best way I have found to get one good godstone (para or silence) is to complete the Officer PVP quest. Which requires you to complete all the prior quests starting at rank 9 and working down to rank 1, then finally officer (you must be rank 1 or higher to be able to get the quest). Note this quest can only be done one time, and the godstone is untradeable.

After completing that quest you will have the option to do a weekly quest that gives a gold godstone box (woohoo!!) this box as far as I have ever seen and heard only ever drops damage godstones (so is pointless for most physical classes, at least for PVP) and the godstone is also untradeable.

There are also godstone boxes that can be purchased with Fortuneer's Tokens and Radiant Tokens, I'm not sure if there are others. I also believe the godstones from these boxes are random, but tradeable. I think I bought a radiant godstone box many moons ago, haha.
  #4  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 908
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleinia - Israphel View Post
Really? Did they change it in 3.7? I did that many times before and never got a godstone.
No it hasn't been changed, lol. I got a single lvl 56 stone for completing my 5th round last time, yeehaw! (it's 5 rounds btw not 6:) ).
  #5  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 908
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Oh I think there are also Guestblooms that give godstones aren't there?? I'm sure there are other ways, haha.
  #6  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 833
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonar - Tiamat View Post
The best way I have found to get one good godstone (para or silence) is to complete the Officer PVP quest. Which requires you to complete all the prior quests starting at rank 9 and working down to rank 1, then finally officer (you must be rank 1 or higher to be able to get the quest). Note this quest can only be done one time, and the godstone is untradeable.

After completing that quest you will have the option to do a weekly quest that gives a gold godstone box (woohoo!!) this box as far as I have ever seen and heard only ever drops damage godstones (so is pointless for most physical classes, at least for PVP) and the godstone is also untradeable.
To add to the above, you can get a General pvp quest, which gives you a fabled dmg godstone of your choice. And after that you can get a weekly General pvp quest that gives a noble godstone box, which gives a random non-dmg godstone.

And also if you win harmony, you get a reward bundle, which has a chance of giving you a godstone.

Last edited by Eleinia - Israphel; 01-28-2013 at 02:35 PM.
  #7  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 261
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Thanks guys! I'll keep the first post updated!
  #8  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 908
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleinia - Israphel View Post
To add to the above, you can get a General pvp quest, which gives you a fabled dmg godstone of your choice. And after that you can get a weekly General pvp quest that gives a noble godstone box, which gives a random non-dmg godstone.

And also if you win harmony, you get a reward bundle, which has a chance of giving you a godstone.
I remember reading about this............can't it drop blue manastones too?? If so they must have like a less than 1% chance to drop anything but a manastone of Parry +27, no joke I'm pretty sure that is all I have gotten, maybe a few Major Wind Serums.
  #9  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Banned
  • Posts: 1,122
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Officer and General kill quests... it's the only one that does not depend on RNG.

Also the Daemon / whateverthenameisoftheElyoscounterpart Tokens, you can get a Godstone box from it.

Last edited by Desogestrel - Siel; 01-28-2013 at 03:15 PM.
  #10  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 187
Default Re: How to get Godstones

Winning arena of harmony gives you a package to open. Inside it has a chance for a fabled godstone. It is a low chance and most often gives running scrolls or the like.

ps: wts gold atk speed slow :P
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:58 AM.