Old 06-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Asmodians
Default Light of Luck post 1.9

ok so after getting getting my fenris pants with much excitement i started looking for my light of luck's. however after 8 runs checking 8 different confirmed spawn spots i have not seen one! iv checked during peak and off peak times with still no result.

Im wondering if there has been any changes to the timing of the spawns, the locations or the chance for the lights to appear now in 1.9

I understand that since 1.9 crafting the hot heart as become easier. Yet as i said iv done runs both in peak and off peak times. perhaps i have no luck left and im being out farmed, but after 8 tries with not one light its getting a bit annoying.

Edit: after trolling through the patch notes i found this

22. [Elyos] ’Persistence and Luck’ and [Asmodians] ’Luck and Persistence’ quest items no longer continuously appear in particular locations

if im reading this the way i think, does this mean that now to find any lights you have to scour the map? dont the lights only exist for 9-10mins ever 2 hours?! if this is the case, then this quest is now close to impossible "luck and Persistence" yeah #$%!ing right
Old 06-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Light of Luck post 1.9

I'm also wondering about this. Anyone able to confirm?
Old 06-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Asmodians

I think they mean that there was an issue where "random spawn" was actually that you could always find one (or more) certain location(s) every time. This way one could just camp the guaranteed spawn and not have to run and others could not get it. IE If you stand at spawn X, you'll always see it every time they spawn.

They have to have set spawn locations, so they could only really just add more. If that's the case, I'm sure the new locations will be posted in due time.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Asmodians

ok im having just as much luck as you and i tried for the last 3 days to cam 1 location and yes it has spawned there once in 3 days so i have no idea how to get this **** eather
Old 06-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Elyos

A lot of people proc'd since 1.9 was launched, which means a lot of competition over a limited number of spawn points. I've only done it 6 times for a total of 3 tears, checking 8-9 spawn points per run. Each time I got a tear it was the very first spawn point that I was waiting at, which happened to be the same one every time. When I go to check the others after that I see a lot of other people doing the same, so I'm guessing the few that do spawn go really fast.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Elyos

They still spawn, but competition is high. Only collected 5 in 2 days :(
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeks - Nezekan View Post
They still spawn, but competition is high. Only collected 5 in 2 days :(
I got 10 in one day >.<
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Asmodians

You are probably just getting beaten to them I know 2 legion mates have done this quest since 1.9 and both said they were up against at least 4 people so considering you are asmo on our server there is no way you are checking 8 first each time because there are at least 15 amso that have completed this in the last week.

One thing to note though maybe you do have the timing wrong especially if you aren't seeing others doing it when there have been a hell of a lot doing it. I know when i did mine in January it was 5 minutes before ever even hour and now it is 5 minutes before ever odd hour
Old 06-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Asmodians

i think more spawns have been added or it could still be completely random spawns i mean how else could u interpret this statement 22. [Elyos] ’Persistence and Luck’ and [Asmodians] ’Luck and Persistence’ quest items no longer continuously appear in particular locations. My honest interpretation of this makes it seem as tho the spawns are more random.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Asmodians

I am confused. Not surprising...anywho, are the spawn times every 2 hours game time? or real time?