Old 06-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Asmodians
Default Bow combine question and general help

Hey all,

I got the bow from krom
http://www.aionarmory.com/item.aspx?id=101700810

the other day and am currently wondering what I should combine it with or should I just wait till lvl 50 to worry about combining? I was thinking of combining

http://www.aionarmory.com/item.aspx?id=101700810

with it, but not sure if I should. It's either that, vendor it or disenchant.

My current goal is to get to level 50 as fast as possible. Maybe that will matter in my decision? Also, should I keep my gear updated to the max or just get pieces as they come along? I think I still have a white belt at lvl 35. (Any other advice on gear would be helpful as well)

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Bow combine question and general help

Honestly if you're only leveling fast and not doing much PvP then you should wait till at least 40 to combine weapons. It costs 587k to combine level 40 bows and not to be offensive but by the looks of your gear you don't have alot of money lying around. Krom is a good bow until 40 but by then you should be looking to replace it with an ASPD bow so no point in combining something with it now. Get a good bow at level 40 and use Krom as the secondary to that. 35->40 goes alot faster then 40->45 so you'll get more use out of the combine that way.

As far as the rest of your gear... same thing I said above applies. If you're doing no PvP then you can easily get by using w/e gear you get from quests or buy for cheap etc. No point in stopping to obtain any gear at lower levels unless you PvP alot. There will be plenty of grinding and gear hunting at 50 so no point in torturing yourself along the way. Once you get like 38-39 you can go to Lepharist Citadel and do some quests there that will give you decent accessories for killing the mobs you're already going to be grinding for exp.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Asmodians

I have about 700k Kinah. Most of the cash is spent on pots or enchanting my weapon to +5-10(depending on how frustrated I get with the failures). I really don't see myself pvping too much until lvl 50 and am not one to really grind for gear unless I'll use it at max level. My focus atm is pure Exp.

Thanks for the input!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Elyos

If you can find a True Dragon's Bow for cheap... 9% attack speed and its level 30 so when you break it apart later, you'll keep your kromedes bow and it will last you a very long time. Combining 30's shouldnt be too bad. The resulting bow will last you until 50.

Its like a lower version of Xeno + Expert Durable Ulmus Bow (which will cost you about 6-7M for bow + combine).

===============================
I combined a L40 +10 Expert Durable Ulmus Bow with L39 Chantar's Longbow (+20 attack +35 crit). The resulting bow is powerful combine adds +40 attack, +35crit, 3 slots and didnt cost me an arm and a leg compared to other combines.

Total cost was 5M for EDUB, 3.2M for +10 (L59 stones), 2M for Chantar's, 600k for combine = ~11M it sounds expensive, but if you do it over time, its not. Its 1/2 the price of a single Expert Noble Durable Ulmus Bow.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Asmodians

Glad someone started a thread about this.

I'm currently 42, when I hit 43 going for betoni's.

What would be a good bow to combine with betoni's?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael - Azphel View Post
Glad someone started a thread about this.

I'm currently 42, when I hit 43 going for betoni's.

What would be a good bow to combine with betoni's?
Attack speed, as far as im aware betoni's lacks it.

What bow depends on you, Deava gives 8%, but u need 5 chars at 30. True dragons level 30 green gives 9%, level 40 crafted are the best choice but the cost is alot for a secondary that will eventually be destroyed.

Any of those combos should be fine till u get some nice 50gold bow.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notatwink - Nezekan View Post
Attack speed, as far as im aware betoni's lacks it.

What bow depends on you, Deava gives 8%, but u need 5 chars at 30. True dragons level 30 green gives 9%, level 40 crafted are the best choice but the cost is alot for a secondary that will eventually be destroyed.

Any of those combos should be fine till u get some nice 50gold bow.
Well I have a level 29 sin, when I get to 30, can I choose the daeva bow?

or is it not tradeable?

Actually now that I think about it probably better if I get the noble dragon star 12% atk speed according to aion database.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Elyos

Yeh, deava weapons are account warehouse enabled. Same as the armour. Noble True Dragons is the proc'd version i think, meaning more expensive :P

Your kinah, your choice :D
Old 06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Asmodians

Blah can't decide... can you combine 2 gold's as long as the 2nd is lower level than the first?

like Expert Noble Salix Bow with betoni's?

After combining one time, can you combine again? or is it a 1 time deal?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notatwink - Nezekan View Post
Yeh, deava weapons are account warehouse enabled. Same as the armour. Noble True Dragons is the proc'd version i think, meaning more expensive :P

Your kinah, your choice :D
lol, I got a better idea.. just give me your bow and we'll call it even...

:D