Old 06-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Asmodians
Default error e03001

I keep having this error ............e03001 now before anyone tells me to uninstall and reinstall I have literally done this a million times I have a new computer so yes I do need to redownload the game which I am fine with.

When i download the launcher and I have done this several times also the shortcut to aion looks like it is broken like there is no aion icon its a different icon if that makes sense, also when I click the shortcut to open the launcher NOTHING HAPPENS it will show up in my tasks but I can't switch to it it says something about module and the only option I can really do with it is close it again so I try opening it by double clicking and that's why I get this stupid eo3001 error I've been trying to fix this for 4 days now tech support can't help so I'm hoping someone here can
Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Elyos
Default Re: error e03001

Hello,
I had the same issue and this helped me (can't guarantee it will work for you):

Go to Control panel > All control panel items > Select Performance information and tools > At sidebar select Adjust visual effects > Select Data execution prevention > Tick second option (Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those i select) > Click Add... and find NClauncher.exe from NCWest folder > Select Ok.

Hope this will work for you!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Asmodians

I dont know if you fixed the problem yet. But I was able to fix the E013001 error that appears while trying to open the NClauncher. I was reading a post by ncsoft, about it. They said that while trying to open the launcher through the .exe it might cause that problem. So to open it through the desktop icon instead. OR if that doesnt work, try going to all programs, aion, and then find the launcher and open it from there. That is the method that worked for me.
I hope this helps !
Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Asmodians

thanks but still not working for me the launcher just doesn't want to open I don't know what else there is for me to do :S
Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Asmodians

seriously cannot believe there is NO solution to this its ridiculous
Old 11-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Elyos

I'm having the same issues, Tech Support isnt much help atm...

Last edited by Dimlos - Siel; 11-04-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourele - Tiamat View Post
*snip*
*Darth Vader Yell*
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is an absolute TERRIBLE idea and will likely break a LOT of things. NO!

MicroSoft as usual had good intentions but poor execution in this regard, so 99.9999% of programs expect you keep the DEFAULT option which is below in bold.

Be sure it is set to (and remains) as such:
"Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and Services ONLY"

And FFS, I wish idiots who didn't have a clue would STOP giving bad tech advice. >_>

I'm going to be making a new separate thread on this issue shortly (within an hour or so). It'll have the necessary info and I'll put it in my sig. For the sake of contributing, I'll also put it here.

NcSoft Launcher Options Needed as such:

You should have a shortcut that has the following info.

Target:
"X:\Aion Online\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Start In:
"X:\Aion Online\NCLauncher"

Replace the paths with the appropriate paths according to your setup. Run the launcher with this shortcut and you should be set and not have to see the E03001 errors. Full details and info will be in my thread.

Aion Technical Issues Fixes:
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showpost.php?p=1365422&postcount=1