Old 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Errors Patching up to 4.0

ncsoft really need to fix this nyerk lol..this is only a game. Never in my life i saw one situation like this.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilindil - Israphel View Post
The following instructions will remove the old launcher and migrate the Aion game files to the new launcher. This will bypass the "conversion" from the old launcher to the new one and just do it manually. To start we need to back up your Aion files so we do not have to download the entire game client again.

1. Locate your old Aion game folder. By default, this should be C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSOFT or something like D:\Games

2. Rename this folder to "Aion.old"

3. Click "Start" then "Control Panel" then click on "Uninstall a program."

4. Uninstall Aion (if listed) and uninstall any version of the launcher listed. NCsoft Launcher or NCSOFT Game Launcher.

5. Install the new NCSOFT Game Launcher from this link: ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/aioninstaller/AionInstaller.exe

6. Right-click "Aioninstaller.exe" and select "Run as Administrator." This will start the installation process.

7. Select the installation location you had Aion installed to previously but renamed in step 2. Example, D:\Games\Aion

8. Once the "Aion" installation has completed, you will be prompted to install to the NCSOFT Game Launcher. Note: You will not have the option to change the installation location of the launcher. It must be C;\Program Files(x86)\NCWest\Launcher (Requires about 5MB)

9. Once the installation of the NCSOFT Game Launcher has completed, you will be prompted to "update" Aion. At this point, close the launcher.

10. Navigate to your Aion installation folder, which should show 2 different Aion folders. Aion and Aion.old.

11. Delete "Aion" and rename "Aion.old" to "Aion."

12. "Right-click" the newly created Aion shortcut on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator."
This did not work, but thank you for posting :)
Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Elyos

Quote:
1. Locate your old Aion game folder. By default, this should be C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSOFT or something like D:\Games
IMO, that's the culprit of everything. Program Files has harder security, it has TrustedInstaller user, while D:\ doesn't have these rights. And security attributes are not adjusted accordingly.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Elyos

After backing up, try running a command prompt as administrator and typing:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSOFT\Aion" "your location here"

after renaming that folder.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Elyos

stucking on this nyerk laucher and had a plus most deadly HDD error : physical error bad head, lol what a day....
Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Elyos

I have the same problem, every 5-6 min EROR!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Asmodians

same here T_T...just wondering when will this be ok
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Asmodians

Hi all

I need help on aion 4.0 I wasn't able to download the patch so I got the game from a friend now when I try to repair files or update its making me download whole game of 19 GB the new launcher sucks >.< can anyone help pls

Regards
Old 06-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Asmodians

I also get the E02016 error...made has they says before deleting .pak files...took me like 12 hours to reach 98% and now when repairing ..error at 59% and counting....
Really anoing when we werent suposed to have all these work just because they failed on the new launcher...i will give up and will try to install back in a few days..gl all on your attempts...really bad impression Ncsoft giving whit this patch.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawunda - Siel View Post
One quick exemple:

My first error was at 13% with

patch\zip\levels_common\Mesh_Textures_035.pak

I delete the Mesh_Textures_035.pak which is in the patch folder and then the installation was at, maybe 20 %. Then another error with another file:

patch\zip\levels_common\Mesh_Textures_037.pak

Deleted the Mesh_Textures_037.pak and pressed repair again and it has gone through 40% with another error on another file.

I did this 8 times until i reach 100% and full installation and all the files are correctly installed.

well, my question is: how I can delete something that is not supposed to I can download?
because when I want to delete the "corrupt file" I stated in the notice, I can not find where indicated

Please could someone tell me exactly which folder are deleted those files??

I have removed several of that name, but in other folders of aion

and continue with the download error of 85% ....... = (

Sorry for pro english ^^