Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Elyos
Default [4.0] Boredom Status & Reason Inside

To Long to Read: Concept is nice, but nothing to do.

Long Post:

4.0 introduces 11 new PvE instances, three brand new areas (Idian Depths, Katalam and Danaria), brilliant sieging warfare and long called for epic PvPvE areas. However, 4.0 has several drawbacks that are not attractive; especially the near failed launch. It is time to dive into the problems associated with 4.0 new PvE instances.

1) Dredgion (???)
  • This was a main component in Aion. 4.0 part 3 removed dredgion for L61-65; thereby, crippling AP gain. This is highly needed and fast.

2) AP Instances (Hexway, Eso, Upper Abyss)
  • According to patch notes, Eso and UA was reverted back to normal; however, Hexway is not lootable at L65. AP gain is crippled.

3) Steel Rose
  • Experience gain is terrible
  • Steel Rake Layout with Different Mobs
  • 70 hours (nearly 3 days) CD

4) Danaria Reliquary
  • L65 Only
  • Requires a craftable Key to Enter
  • 9 A.M. - 9 P.M. Timer Restriction
  • Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Entry Time
  • Can only be ran once due to 118hrs CD

5) Infinity Shard
  • Requires a craftable key to enter
  • Wednesday, Saturday Entry Time

6) Sauro Supply Base
  • L65 Only
  • 70 hours CD (Nearly 3 days)

7) Eternal Bastion
  • L65 Only
  • 168 hours CD

8) Ophidan Bridge
  • L65 Only
  • Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday Entry Days
  • 118 Hours CD

9) Danaur Sanctuary
  • L65+ Only
  • 9 A.M. - 9 P.M. Entry Time
  • Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday Entry Days
  • 118 Hours CD

10) Kamar Battlefield (KBF)
  • 8 P.M. - 10 P.M. Only Entry Time
  • Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday Entry Day
  • 48 hours (2 days) CD
  • 10k AP win; 1.5k AP lose

11) Danuar Mysticarium
  • L65 Only

12) Idgel Research Center
  • L65
  • 70 hours CD

13) Void Cube
  • L65
  • 70 hours CD

NCsoft, 4.0 part 3 introduces 11 new instances and 10 instances are only for L65. Furthermore, all instances cool downs are exceptionally long, and the amount of AP fort instances give upon completion is terrible. I cannot force myself to run those fort instances again. Unbelievable! 11 new instances for nothing.

Fort Siege

Finally, the fort's layout are incredible and encourages plenty of PvP, strategy, and the interior layout provides many choke points. Siege warfare has escalated to mind-blowing fun; however, an issue still exist. Why are these sieges only once per day and old content sieges are twice a day. Sensibility is questionable. 4.0 fort siege should be vulnerable twice a day but one fort per vulnerability. Unlike Friday sieges which both forts in Darania being vulnerable; it is only once a day.

AP Turn In

Great job! Blood Mark gear can be turned in for AP, but it is a long boring road to run to multiple camps just to do dailies or weeklies. Where are the teleport statues to different camp sites? I do not care if it is not directly on the camp sites, but on the outskirts of the obelisks area. It takes forever just to run around to do Blood Mark Quest.

1) Need more Windstreams at least (Most dislike - updated)
2) Need more ways to teleport around
3) Make it so that Obelisks are not a safe zone.

AP Cap

This is a major set back because integrating a AP cap system for 4.0 content that is fully design for PvP massacre is a contradiction. 4.0 PvP has a limitation that should not be part of this patch.

Ceramium Medal Craft:

Requires 500p (Master Crafting) and only one master craft per character. I do not want to give up alchemy to craft those medals; however, Armorsmithing, Tailoring and Handicrafting have access to it. What about other professions? *Facepalm*
Final Conclusion

4.0 offers, if anything, nothing to do at all except PvP like crazy everywhere in Katalam, Darania and Idian Depths until AP cap. There is absolutely nothing to do; nothing. 4.5 gigs patch is completely and utterly pointless in my opinion to a point, I rather not have 4.0 due to nothing. Flipping camps, PvP, level a new class, daily blood mark quests is primarily the only things 4.0 offers.

NCsoft, while the patch content has brilliant concepts, it utterly fails with major drawbacks due to what I have listed above. Again, with an almost fail launch, 4.0 really has nothing to offer at this time.

Edit: Let me add, NCsoft I understand that hardly any suggestion goes through after my 3.5 years playing Aion. I already know that thread will most likely have zero meaning to you, but will most likely have a huge impact on how the community thinks. I posted this with understanding that will probably mean nothing.

Edit pt.2:
Editorial check.

Please sign if you agree.

Listing those who signed:

1) Jzargo
2) Nemiel
3) Rio
4) Xakinori
5) HARASSMENTPANDA (aka. Semtex)
6) Herizh
7) Vanillie
8) Aelar
9) Navve (whispered me in game)
10) Holycrapbr (w/o windstream)
11) Cheesecake (Some agreement, pg. 12)
12) Delessa (Towards of his/her post pg. 10 states agreements)
13) Poperon (Agreement on Ceramium Medal pg. 6)
14) Seirae (States some agreement pg. 6)

Last edited by Dnangel - Israphel; 07-02-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Elyos
Default Re: [4.0] Boredom Status & Reason Inside

Agreed.
Also one fail think about it is that 100k AP weapons.
I think if someone can PVP enough to be governor should be AP to get better gears instead of one that cant be enchanted past +10 and nyerk.
I think NC totally did it wrong, the right think to do was putting this weapons for people that CANT farm that AP, so they can atleast survive in new zones.

Well i doubt they will change it, but i wanted to add it.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Asmodians

AP is easily gained. There's literally so many ways to get AP in 4.0 it's ridiculous.

I like the sieges being once per day, it allows for both factions to get large numbers, and not have one dominate because they have a larger population.

Dredge was only 4.5k to 10k AP tops, most of the time people just afked it anyways. But in the next patch, we'll be getting 6 v 6 top dredge that gives a good amount of AP. Just be patient.

I'm sure the CDs will be lowered in a couple months, you can always buy reset scrolls :), plus all of the other old instances you can run.

I personally love the base concept. It allows for small group pvp and it takes time to do it, so people have to stick around etc. It keeps things active.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Elyos

/signed.
4.0 endgame is a suffocating experience that removes familiar and tested game mechanics for no discernible reason and leaves is us all swimming around and around in three giant fish bowls, it gets really old fast.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Asmodians

It is that some people might have lvled too fast. But, all in all, it is a bit disappointing to me.

The maps are nice for now as there are a lot of people back for lvling and the patch. But after that? 2 out of 3 maps will be ghost towns except for those who would do dailies for more than a couple of months and on siege times. It has absolutely nothing to do in those maps imo.

The ap gain is a pretty big problem. It does not encourage any pvpers or pvers to gain much of ap at all daily. I think they are doing it so that new classes can catch up. Maybe, just maybe. I remember people hyping how easy to farm at 4.0. There is no indication of it at all. If anything, you lose more ap daily than you can gain for certain ranks.

The dred thing is a bit pointless. We get 10k ap for every 2 days?! At least, it was something to do back then 3 times a day. Now, it is gone.

Forts are great and that's all about I can say. Even then, the system put a lot of legion dramas and what not.

4.0 will lose a lot of old and new people with the way it is now imo. It is not about pvp or pve. I don't care much as long as we have good enough amount people to do siege and what not. But, if many leave, we will be left with 30 vs 30 seigeing in near future and I do not want it.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Asmodians

Seriously, if you're bored, go out and PvP. Quit sticking around trying to PVE and just go out and PvP, PvP solo or with one or more other people. Go HAVE FUN, instead of just trying all of to be goal oriented.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhiles - Israphel View Post
Seriously, if you're bored, go out and PvP. Quit sticking around trying to PVE and just go out and PvP, PvP solo or with one or more other people. Go HAVE FUN, instead of just trying all of to be goal oriented.
I am not 100% PvP person and I am not going to PvP multiple hours a day. I want to do some PvE, I want to do some challenging instances. If that is what you like, then fine. That is not what I consider fun.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnangel - Israphel View Post
I am not 100% PvP person and I am not going to PvP multiple hours a day. I want to do some PvE, I want to do some challenging instances. If that is what you like, then fine. That is not what I consider fun.
Have you tried Infinity Shard or Eternal Bastion yet?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhiles - Israphel View Post
Have you tried Infinity Shard or Eternal Bastion yet?
Missed the point of this topic. It requires us to gather mats to craft a key for entry and it is only two days out of a week for Infinity Shard. Also, the CDs are epically long. Tell me, what is there to do after those instances are done?

Last edited by Dnangel - Israphel; 06-30-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnangel - Israphel View Post
Missed the point of this topic. It requires us to gather mats to craft a key for entry and it is only two days out of a week for Infinity Shard. Also, the CDs are epically long. Tell me, what is there to do after those instances are done?
I didn't miss the point of the topic, but I'm trying to make you realize that there's a lot more to 4.0 than just a few instances.