Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Asmodians
Default Wing Remodeling...

So of course I have to mention we should be able to remodel wings. I hate the 6 month look, but I LOVE the Magazine look. Since there is no remodeling allowed I'm forced to use the ugly 6 month wings and leave the pretty magazine wings gathering dust. So yes, please let us remodel wings...

On another, yet similar, note I'd like to see some fun wing skins, and not ones that have to be purchased off vendors. I would like to see some skins that are made out of the mementos that create the fun weapon skins.

I would love to see the ori memento be able to be crafted into metallic looking wings. The carpen memento could craft wings that look like scales in neat blue and aqua colors. The memento for the dandilion staff could make vine/forest looking wings.

Anyways, you get the idea, just think it would be neat if we could play with our wings more.

Oh, and I want to freaking dye them, thanks.

-Sig by Sittas
Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Wing Remodeling...

It's funny I mentioned this to some legionmates and they want it too as well. I want to keep the 6-month 40 wings stats but have the look of the Blood Crusade wings (they're epic in size and looks)
Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Asmodians

I'm sorry but I'd have to beg to disagree with your Fantasy.

I feel that having very few wing selections allows factions to remain uniform, without all looking exactly the same, and while providing a clear indication of status.

The most frequent time you're going to be using your wings is in the Abyss, and more specifically during a Fortress Battle. As such; I feel that it is highly appropriate to have a high number of people sporting identical wings as a show of uniformity. Having customizable wings would be akin to a military solider sporting pink camouflage.

I would be very disappointed in customizable or dyable wings; not only would it destroy the very little lore Aion has, but it would aim to over-diversify players.

As it is, we have 50 some-odd hairstyles to choose from, 20 something faces, and a full bone structure which can be edited to the tiniest detail. We choose our colors from a palet rather than a pre-determined selection. Aion allows you to become very creative with how your character looks, and I feel that keeping uniform wings as a show of faction is not too much to ask in return.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advisory - Israphel View Post
I'm sorry but I'd have to beg to disagree with your Fantasy.

I feel that having very few wing selections allows factions to remain uniform, without all looking exactly the same, and while providing a clear indication of status.

The most frequent time you're going to be using your wings is in the Abyss, and more specifically during a Fortress Battle. As such; I feel that it is highly appropriate to have a high number of people sporting identical wings as a show of uniformity. Having customizable wings would be akin to a military solider sporting pink camouflage.

I would be very disappointed in customizable or dyable wings; not only would it destroy the very little lore Aion has, but it would aim to over-diversify players.

As it is, we have 50 some-odd hairstyles to choose from, 20 something faces, and a full bone structure which can be edited to the tiniest detail. We choose our colors from a palet rather than a pre-determined selection. Aion allows you to become very creative with how your character looks, and I feel that keeping uniform wings as a show of faction is not too much to ask in return.
Sorry to drag up an old post but I was looking to see if this was going to be possible. I would Love to have wing remodeling but I agree with your points as well. I don't think it should be whatever you want it to look like but be able to change it within the current faction color scheme as it is. I do not believe it should be as easy as it is with armor skins that you can purchase the skin not the item, otherwise we'd have a bunch of lowbies running around with high level wings and noone would get anything accomplished. I do believe however that if you purchase and are of the proper level and have use both sets of wings, the base and the "skin" wings, that it should be doable.

And I was looking for the same reason as the original poster, I have the blue/black wings from the magazine and I do not like the froofy level 40 wings. I'm a girl but not THAT bad. So I wouldnt see harm in a player having to purchase the wings anyway to prove their "status" and be able to skin it with another pair they've purchased. Do it like the weapon remodeling system.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Elyos

IMO any wing you can *get* you should be able to at least remodel. So if someone wants to *destroy* their Magazine Wings to model that graphic over the 6-month wings - I say let them. All the wings each faction can wear are pretty theme-relevant (except Storm Wings) so you will rarely be able to mistake an Elyos for an Asmo, or vice-versa. (Note: Doesn't the RED name give it away anyway?)

However its not like you can go out and get more wing graphics, or buy wings in the broker... that being said I'd like to use "Wings" like a crafting design and just have the "stats" of whatever one I choose to equip. Then select wings graphic from a list similar to how WoW mounts work. (Note for WoW haters... I don't care for WoW either, but the implementation is elegant - its good.)

I suppose an alternative would be to offer all the wing graphics on various wings on the wing vendors - and just stick with remodeling.

+10