Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Asmodians
Default Boiling Balaur Stain Drops

So these can now be farmed off normal mobs. That's nice.

My question is, where do the elyos farm them on their side? I keep hearing about level 50 elyos in Beluslan grinding stains around (hoarfrost?) and hogging that area from anyone else grinding/questing there. We're talking level 50 elyos who already have full miragents.

Seems a little unbalanced to only have mobs that drop stains on the asmo side? Can anyone else confirm this? Sorry if I missed a thread, don't really have time for an in-depth forum search.

Siel AUSTRALIAN Asmo!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Boiling Balaur Stain Drops

the drop rate is terrible, TERRIBLE, not worth the time farming.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Elyos

If you do a upper fort instance you get about 2-3 for a run... Really bad drop rate >>
Old 06-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Asmodians

Yeah... not really concerned about the drop rate atm, more concerned about the fact that elyos have to come over to asmodae to farm stains. Which means they'll kill everyone in sight and have no problem because they're already fully geared with end game gear so the pve'ers have no chance. It's lots of pvp fun for the asmo 50s that might be geared enough, but for everyone else, it's find somewhere else because you can't quest here, at all.

But anyway that's just what I keep hearing, I'm never in Bel anyway, but I will probably need to do some quests there at some point.

Siel AUSTRALIAN Asmo!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venna - Nezekan View Post
So these can now be farmed off normal mobs. That's nice.

My question is, where do the elyos farm them on their side? I keep hearing about level 50 elyos in Beluslan grinding stains around (hoarfrost?) and hogging that area from anyone else grinding/questing there. We're talking level 50 elyos who already have full miragents.

Seems a little unbalanced to only have mobs that drop stains on the asmo side? Can anyone else confirm this? Sorry if I missed a thread, don't really have time for an in-depth forum search.
They're not farming stains they're farming the people farming the stains which is great because it mean we can kill them and get that stupid daily done
Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyscorp - Nezekan View Post
They're not farming stains they're farming the people farming the stains which is great because it mean we can kill them and get that stupid daily done
So do elyos have stains drop on their side or not?

Siel AUSTRALIAN Asmo!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venna - Nezekan View Post
So do elyos have stains drop on their side or not?
JUST A WORD.
NO.

Nute warrens is an horrible place to go in Elyos side and nothing drops off there, also, Indratu fortress is almost impossible to reach... :(
Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefius - Meslamtaeda View Post
JUST A WORD.
NO.

Nute warrens is an horrible place to go in Elyos side and nothing drops off there, also, Indratu fortress is almost impossible to reach... :(
Hmmmmm

So they only drop around Nute Warrens not Indratu Barracks? 'Cause that's easy to get into to solo elites.

Siel AUSTRALIAN Asmo!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Asmodians

The drop rate for boiling off non-elites in Hoarfrost is, in my experience over the last 5 days, horrible. You will absolutely get way more stains doing instances or core.

I have gone for almost 5 hours now in one sitting w/o a single boiling drop for me. As I stated in another thread, I kill these non-elites in 15 seconds easy, and can keep going for as long as I want to really, so it isn't a matter of "kill them faster".

And there are Elyos that come over to farm or PvP, so it isn't boring. :)

To put it into perspective:

I kill a mob every 15 seconds just about(I don't need to stop for mana breaks due to me being an Alchemist & the +mana skills I get). That equals 240 mobs per hour.

On the days that I'm getting a "good" droprate, I will average 1 stain per 240 mobs. On the days that it is bad, well, like I said almost 5 hours(thats 1200 mobs at my killrate) with no stains is horrible.

Anyways, go check them out. Hopefully you'll have a better droprate than I.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Elyos

i agree whats your prices on blood stains asmo ours are still around 175-200k ea still if any thing they went up since 1.9