Old 01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Elyos
Default Event: Best of 2013 Forum Quotes

Forums. It can make us rage. It can make us cry, and it can make us laugh. Let's have some fun by remembering some of the best quotes from your favorite (or not so favorite) forum members from 2013.

I still have a few Spurred Crestlich pet egg and Solorius Hairpin/Top Hat codes so I will be handing those out to the top quotes.

Rules to participate are as followed:
  1. Reply to this thread with one of your most memorable quote of another forum member. Do try to use the quote function so it actually looks like a quote!
  2. Room for misinterpretation in a quote is allowed. Some innuendos are OK, but not straight up inappropriate or vulgar.
  3. Do not make up quotes. That's cheating and not nice!
  4. Please no inflammatory quotes that would only incite rage. :(
  5. Feel free to explain your quote and why you think it is the best in case some of us may be too noob to understand (>.>)

Here is one of my favorites:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysynne - Israphel View Post
D'aww. Hmm.. alright.

Did you guys know that Simisi isn't Jambo. And isn't Valor. She isn't even Hime!

She's actually..

(spoiler alert)

Image no longer works but I believe it was a joke about Simisi being Zelandia when it was rumored Jambo is Hime, is Valor, is everybody. 8D

Top quoters will receive a PM with a random code of the mentioned prizes!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Event: Best of 2013 Forum Quotes

Gonna have to pick myself, because I'm just awesome like that (No cockiness intended!).
Old 01-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choni - Israphel View Post
I blame Jambo...we all know hes an Aion GM (cause if you read his posts he acts like it) and hes also prbly the lead dev for ventrllo....he also runs whatever server siege vent was used for...and hes the head member of the Illuminati....I BLAME JAMBO!
Damnit Hime, you stole my favorite :P.

I shall go back to this one.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Elyos

My fav fav was a Zelandia post that had to do with a potato, but it probably would incite rage.. though all it did was incite giggles for me.

So I will go with something from one of my fav upbeat fellow trolls.. who is also one hell of a dancer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinalaf - Tiamat View Post
On the first day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
A lockbox containing candy

On the second day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
2 power shards
and a lockbox containing candy

On the third day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the fourth day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the fifth day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the sixth day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
6 slot Silver Dorion
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the seventh day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
7 day I.S. CD
6 slot Silver Dorion
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the eighth day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
8 Forts Goin Vuln
7 day I.S. CD
6 slot Silver Dorion
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the ninth day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
9 When you Ascend
8 Forts Goin Vuln
7 day I.S. CD
6 slot Silver Dorion
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the tenth day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
10 Stigma Slots
9 When you Ascend
8 Forts Goin Vuln
7 day I.S. CD
6 slot Silver Dorion
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the eleventh day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
11 Ceras Weekly
10 Stigma Slots
9 When you Ascend
8 Forts Goin Vuln
7 day I.S. CD
6 slot Silver Dorion
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

On the first day of Solaris
a GM sent to me:
12 Buffs Dispelled
11 Ceras Weekly
10 Stigma Slots
9 When you Ascend
8 Forts Vulnerable
7 day I.S. CD
6 slot Silver Dorion
5 Star Officers
4 Call Gryfus
3 Fresh Hintera
2 power shards

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 01-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Asmodians

my best quote..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyisah - Siel View Post
You must make a Sacrifice to the RNG Gods in order to be successful.This Sacrifice must be someone of the same faction (prefer a rank 8 or above) and take them to the abyss where u must "encourage" them to fly into the meteors. The RNG Gods may require more than one sacrifice in order to complete ur socketing and enchanting.
Cursing the RNG Gods is highly discouraged and its decreases ur socketing and enchanting success.
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...59#post1788059
Heavens Flames Legion

Last edited by Allyisah - Siel; 01-07-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumin - Israphel View Post

Our Serpent, who art in hissven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Hissdom come.
Thy Chromatic Will be done
In Atreia,
As it is in hissven.
Give us these day our daily quests.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we did not know that you were in the grass.
And lead us not into RMT,
But deliver us from Kinah Spammers.
For thou art the Prism,
The power, and the glory,
Of Eternal Hue.
Hissmen.
Best evar!!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Elyos

This one gets my vote:

A bit on the long-side but worth the read imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyria - Siel View Post
Hi everyone, I was going to wait a little longer to get more experience with the new class before I wrote this, but as Moony said,

So it took less time than expected to thoroughly master the class and I decided there was no point waiting any longer to make a guide.

Manastones: MB MB MB MB MOARRRRR MB
Gunners are immune to MR and you do not need to stack any MA to land everything on someone using an MR set.

There are 2 main things you need to pvp as a gunner, a cat, and many spare keyboards.

Keybinds: As a gunner, it is very important that you have keybinds because your keys need to be easily accessible as you throw your keyboard down the stairs. If you have default keybinds that are hard to access such as Ctrl + = or Alt + 8 your skills are unlikely to be activated by doing so.

Now for rotation on how to fight each class:

vs. Ranger
Buff up and prepop Bulletproof then throw your keyboard down the stairs. If the ranger does the same, and prepops Focused Evasion you can counter this by letting him resist then pressing Reload. When the ranger is about 75% hp remaining use Quieting Gale to prevent yourself from getting Coma Arrowed and then duct tape your cat to the keyboard before throwing it down the stairs.

vs. Assassin
Buff up and prepop anticipation and bulletproof. Then press numlock to autorun in a straight line and throw your keyboard down the stairs. If the assassin uses Aethertwisting you can counter this by letting him resist all your skills and then pressing Reload.

vs. Cleric
Prepop buffs and open with Trunk Shot. While the cleric is stunned silence him with Quieting Gale and continue doing damage. When he removes shock use Dazzling Fire to stun him again and then when he tries to pot out of the silence stun him again before silencing a second time. If the cleric is still alive you can throw your keyboard down the stairs to finish him.

vs. Chanter
Wait for the chanter to use Binding Word and then use Survival Instinct. Chanters will usually open with protective ward so kite him until it's down. Then pop all your buffs and throw your keyboard down the stairs.

vs. Gladiator
This is the easiest fight you will ever have in Aion. Simply pop all your buffs silence them with Quieting Gale and use Dazzling Fire to stun them through UD then press numlock and throw your keyboard down the stairs. They'll be dead before they can reach you.

vs. Templar
Use an Antishock Scroll, wait for the first pull, then use Bulletproof to dodge Illusion Chains. After this they aren't much harder than glads so you can silence them with Quieting Gale then press numlock and throw your keyboard down the stairs. Do not use Dazzling Fire to stun through UD or else they will heal.

vs. Sorcerer
Prepop buffs and then stun them. Before they Remove Shock use Quieting Gale to prevent instant CC. Kite him until his Remove Shock buff is gone and then stun him and throw your keyboard down the stairs.

vs. Spiritmaster
Wait until after the SM debuffs you to pop all your buffs. Stun him as much as possible and then use Bulletproof to avoid instant fear. Use Quieting Gale after there are 2 debuffs on you and then throw your keyboard down the stairs.

vs. Gunner
This is the one of the only fights that is slightly different from the others. Prepop Bulletproof and throw your keyboard down the stairs. If the other gunner does the same, you can counter this by letting him resist and then pressing Reload before throwing your keyboard down the stairs.

vs. Bard
Protective Ode only blocks physical damage so you can ignore the shield. Stun them and then silence them right before they Remove Shock and throw your keyboard down the stairs.

After each fight, don't forget to retrieve your keyboard from the bottom of the stairs (if it still works) and say "huehueahueheuahahue bad," conveniently translated below:

Elyos to Asmo: nxhixhdixhihxdidixh hde
Asmo to Elyos: myihyiehyihiyehehyi ked

Weapons: Gunners need 2 PvP weapons but only the mainhand has to be enchanted as offhand weapon enchants will not increase MB.

Godstones: Use either double silence or double para or 1 silence/1 para

Cannon: not really necessary

That's all.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Elyos

My favorite-favorite is also Zelandia's "I'm sorry you're a potato" post that is too...rage-inciteful, perhaps, to post here (IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL T-T).

Quote:
Originally Posted by {PM}Valor - Tiamat View Post
Well, that's how it used to be back in 1.5 but it's gotten a bit easier. We've implemented some cool new tech into it also to make it more of a dynamic and fun experience.

Step 1
Gather 100 Broken Crystal Balls from the Shugo or Alchemist events.

Step 2
Turn your speakers on (headsets don't work) and go to YouTube.

Step 3
Play the song below while moving your mouse cursor counter-clockwise over the icon of the Broken Crystal Ball. As the song plays, your mouse cursor will "buff" the item and turn it into a Shining Crystal Ball. Make sure the song is playing loud enough so the game can hear it properly. You'll need to listen to the entire song.

Step 4
Repeat Step 3 until all 100 items are buffed. It should only take 100 plays or so if you've got it loud enough. If your item doesn't change, try turning up the volume.

Step 5
Order Chinese food from Happy Garden restaurant in Seattle, WA and open your fortune cookie. Remember that you have to finish the cookie before reading the fortune (rules are rules). Type your fortune into LFG, adding the words "in bed" at the end. A Shugo should appear wearing the Rainbow Snake costume.

Step 6
Talk to Rainbow Snake Shugo (RSS) and subscribe to his feed. This should give you a special passphrase. PM that passphrase to Hime with the subject "Rainbow Snake sent me."

Step 7
You should receive a confused-sounding response from Hime. Zoom into first person and face RSS. Say her response out loud at your computer screen and voila! You've just unlocked the Billion-slot cube!

Happy hunting, Daevas!

*This post is not to be taken seriously.
The billion slot cube quest. ^

Runner up favorites:
Lumin's praises to Rainbow Snake (all of them; they're all so beautiful!) (Example: http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...d.php?t=121617)

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post

Big thanks to {PD}Gideon for making this for us.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Elyos

An Aion truth (top drama making classes, lol):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearlock - Kahrun View Post
clerics have it dominated by far, because most clerics are catty drama queens/kings

templars are next because they tend to be aggressive when it comes to leadership. leadership attracts drama, and it attracts clerics who love leaders, which attracts even more drama

my estimation:

50% clerics
35% the men who love those clerics (regardless of class)
10% templars (especially mortred)
5% other (mostly girls who rolled chanter instead of cleric)

suffice it to say that if you are a templar who loves clerics, you are going to be neck deep in drama
Old 01-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Elyos

Aion in a nutshell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulusorc - Siel View Post

before playing aion know I thought this:

cloth: high dps, better dps, but little defense, die easy
leather: dps, more defense distance attack 25M
chain: I do not care
plate: much defensa, but little dps

after playing aion:

cloth: high dps better dps, not die easy!! use much shields much survival TELEPORTS
leather: dps but need 2 stupid skill bestial fury and focused shot distance attack 15M AND aion the worst defense. dies very easy
chain: I do not care
plate: better defensa, HEAlers, and gladiator is very high DPS!!!
Original thread here.