Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Elyos
Default Glory Points Guide and FAQ

GUIDE UPDATED WITH IMAGES AND QUESTS SECTION

We've received a lot of questions about Glory Points in our Producer Q&A so Saja has put together a quick guide in what you need to know about the upcoming Glory Points system in Steel Cavalry.

What is this guide about, and what are Glory Points?

Glory Points (GP) are a new form of abyss currency that will determine rank for 1-Star Officer and above abyss ranks. They are denoted by a red “G” in game, similar to the yellow “A” for abyss points. GP must be gained in specific ways and differs from AP in several key areas. Please read this guide for more information and feel free to ask questions for further clarification so that we can expand this guide.

What is the main difference between Abyss Points and Glory Points?

The main difference is in the way that ranks are determined. A player’s Abyss Points will determine Abyss Rank for the Soldier ranks – that is, between Rank 9 and Rank 1. So the lower ranks will continue to be calculated as they currently are.

Beyond this, GP will be the determining factor for 1-Star Officer and above. GP cannot be spent and does not decrease upon death, but it does decreases a certain amount each day based on rank. For this reason, players will need to stay active and work to gain GP through the various means listed in this guide.

Characters can still spend AP on relevant items as before, and AP can still be gained and lost in the same ways. For characters above 1-Star Officer, changes in AP amount will not affect their rank. GP scales differently, so GP amounts seen in game will be much lower than current AP values.

What are the main changes, then?

The main points of the change can be summarized as below:
  • Players need to be active each day in order to maintain high GP
  • GP can be gained in only a few particular ways
  • AP is no longer a factor when determining the higher ranks
  • Acquisition and loss / spending of AP will remain mostly the same
  • Current players (who meet requirements) will be provided with initial GP automatically at launch day

How can I get Glory Points?

Glory points can be obtained in the following ways / places:
  • Fortress sieges in Katalam and Danaria
  • Fortress sieges in the Inner Upper Abyss (Krotan, Kysis, Miren)
  • Iron Wall Warfront
  • Kamar Battlefield
  • Engulfed Ophidan Bridge
  • Arena of Glory (61+)
  • GP Quests
  • [Urgent Order] War Quests (PvP Blood Mark quests)
  • Killing Hyperion
  • AP to GP Conversion Quest (new)

What GP quests will be available? Are they repeatable?

There are a few quests that provide GP. Some are repeatable and a few are one-time quests. Here is a list for each faction.
Asmodian
Asmodian Glory (60)
Katalam
GP: 100
NPC: Vard

[Alliance] Face the Commander (61)
Iron Wall Warfront
GP: 40 (also gives one Ceramium medal)
NPC: Lundvarr

[Alliance] Capture the Bastion (61)
Iron Wall Warfront
GP: 40 (also gives a bundle that provides Fragmented Ceramium, with a chance at a medal)
NPC: Lundvarr (repeatable, available once [Alliance] Face the Commander is completed)

[Alliance] Storm the Gateway (61)
Iron Wall Warfront
GP: 10
NPC: Lundvarr (repeatable)

[Alliance] Defend to the End (65)
Eternal Bastion
NPC: Tobald (repeatable, available once [Alliance] Protecting The Eternal Bastion is completed)

[Event] Path to Glory (65)
Danuar Spire
GP: 51
NPC: Nesfir (repeatable)

[Event] Second Path to Glory (65)
Danuar Spire
GP: 510

[Event] Third Path to Glory (65)
Danuar Spire
GP: 5,100
Elyos
Glory for All (60)
Katalam
NPC: Tirins

[Alliance] Face the Commander (61)
Iron Wall Warfront
GP: 40 (also gives one Ceramium medal)
NPC: Demades

[Alliance] Reclaim the Battle (61)
Iron Wall Warfront
GP: 40 (also gives a bundle that provides Fragmented Ceramium, with a chance at a medal)
NPC: Demades (repeatable, available once [Alliance] Face the Commander is completed)

[Alliance] Forward March (61)
Iron Wall Warfront
GP: 10
NPC: Demades (repeatable)

[Alliance] Keep Up the Defense(65)
Eternal Bastion
NPC: Stifas (repeatable, available once [Alliance] Accounting for Orders is completed)

[Event] First Flight to Glory(65)
Kaisinel's Beacon
GP: 51
NPC: Victria (repeatable)

[Event] Second Flight to Glory(65)
Kaisinel's Beacon
GP: 510

[Event] Third Flight to Glory(65)
Kaisinel's Beacon
GP: 5,100
What happens on launch day?

When Steel Cavalry launches on January 29, players who meet the requirements will receive GP automatically based on their current status. This calculation takes into account (a) the character’s current rank, and (b) the characters current Abyss Points. This means that a character will receive the standard amount of Glory Points for their rank, plus an additional amount, which is a fraction of their AP.

Current AP will not be lost or disappear on launch day. Ranks will not be reset and players should maintain their current ranks. Characters must be over level 50 and have over 30,000 AP in order to receive GP on launch day.

-Other Frequently Asked Questions-

When will there be more opportunities to gain GP? What about (x method)?

The methods listed in this guide are currently comprehensive. We will update the guide if more methods become available.

Will relics in my inventory be included in the calculation?

No. You should exchange your relics for AP before launch day if you want them to be included in the calculation.

How will this affect server transfer eligibility?

There will no longer be a limit on AP for paid server transfers. However, there will be new limit imposed on Glory Points. However, since GP cannot be spent like AP, characters will still be able to transfer if they agree to forfeit any GP above this amount when transferring.

How can I convert AP to GP?

In our March 26, 2014 update to Steel Cavalry, we've added NPCs to Danuar Spire and Kaisinel's Beacon that will give quests to convert AP (with Kinah) to GP.

Can I obtain GP even if our siege / defense is unsuccessful?

Yes. GP may still be rewarded depending on the level of contribution.

Can I gain GP from monsters or from other players via PvP, like I can gain AP now from killing enemies in the field?

No. Normal PvP and killing monsters will not reward Glory Points. The exception to this is Hyperion.

Which Blood Mark quests give GP and how much?

The [Urgent Order] War quests that pop up automatically in 4.0 zones and involve killing the other faction. They provide 3 GP each:

Other Blood Mark quests will remain unchanged.

What rank do I need to be in order to earn GP?

You can gain GP at any rank. Although decrease of GP and rank calculations for GP don't occur below 1-Star Officer, there is no limit on the ranks that can acquire GP.

- Additional Changes - (added March 26, 2014)
  • The amount of Glory Points obtained during successfully defending Katalam, Danaria, and Upper Reshanta fortresses.
  • A cap has been added to the amount of Glory Points that can be obtained when successfully defending Katalam, Danaria, and Upper Reshanta fortresses.

------------------
We understand there are many more questions that still need to be answered and we'll be adding more answers as we can.

Our next guide will explain the instance entry changes including how store scrolls and cooldown pack will work in 4.5.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Glory Points Guide and FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post
We've received a lot of questions about Glory Points in our Producer Q&A so Saja has put together a quick guide in what you need to know about the upcoming Glory Points system in Steel Cavalry.

What is this guide about, and what are Glory Points?

Glory Points (GP) are a new form of abyss currency that will determine rank for 1-Star Officer and above abyss ranks. They are denoted by a red “G” in game, similar to the yellow “A” for abyss points. GP must be gained in specific ways and differs from AP in several key areas. Please read this guide for more information and feel free to ask questions for further clarification so that we can expand this guide.

What is the main difference between Abyss Points and Glory Points?

The main difference is in the way that ranks are determined. A player’s Abyss Points will determine Abyss Rank for the Soldier ranks – that is, between Rank 9 and Rank 1. So the lower ranks will continue to be calculated as they currently are.

Beyond this, GP will be the determining factor for 1-Star Officer and above. GP cannot be spent and does not decrease upon death, but it does decreases a certain amount each day based on rank. For this reason, players will need to stay active and work to gain GP through the various means listed in this guide.

Characters can still spend AP on relevant items as before, and can still be gained and lost in the same ways. For characters above 1-Star Officer, changes in AP amount will not affect their rank. GP scales differently, so GP amounts seen in game will be much lower than current AP values.

What are the main changes, then?

The main points of the change can be summarized as below:
  • Players need to be active each day in order to maintain high GP
  • GP can be gained in only a few particular ways
  • AP is no longer a factor when determining the higher ranks
  • Acquisition and loss / spending of AP will remain mostly the same
  • Current players (who meet requirements) will be provided with initial GP automatically at launch day

How can I get Glory Points?

Glory points can be obtained in the following ways / places:
  • Fortress sieges in Katalam and Danaria
  • Fortress sieges in the Inner Upper Abyss (Krotan, Kysis, Miren)
  • Iron Wall Warfront
  • Kamar Battlefield
  • Engulfed Ophidan Bridge
  • Arena of Glory (61+)
  • GP Quests
  • PvP Blood Mark Quests
  • Killing Hyperion

What happens on launch day?

When Steel Cavalry launches on January 29, players who meet the requirements will receive GP automatically based on their current status. This calculation takes into account (a) the character’s current rank, and (b) the characters current Abyss Points. This means that a character will receive the standard amount of Glory Points for their rank, plus an additional amount, which is a fraction of their AP.

Current AP will not be lost or disappear on launch day. Ranks will not be reset and players should maintain their current ranks. Characters must be over level 50 and have over 30,000 AP in order to receive GP on launch day.

-Other Frequently Asked Questions-

When will there be more opportunities to gain GP? What about (x method)?

The methods listed in this guide are currently comprehensive. We will update the guide if more methods become available.

Will relics in my inventory be included in the calculation?

No. You should exchange your relics for AP before launch day if you want them to be included in the calculation.

How will this affect server transfer eligibility?

There will no longer be a limit on AP for paid server transfers. However, there will be new limit imposed on Glory Points. However, since GP cannot be spent like AP, characters will still be able to transfer if they agree to forfeit any GP above this amount when transferring.

How can I convert AP to GP?

At least for the time being, the options to convert AP to GP after the initial conversion at 4.5 launch will not be available.

Can I obtain GP even if our siege / defense is unsuccessful?

Yes. GP may still be rewarded depending on the level of contribution.

------------------
We understand there are many more questions that still need to be answered and we'll be adding more answers as we can.

Our next guide will explain the instance entry changes including how store scrolls and cooldown pack will work in 4.5.
Okay here's my Question, is spamming Hyperion going to give you the same amount of GP each time or is there gonna be a max amount of times it counts or diminishing returns on it

I should really change this to a Stone Scour one but wateves

Darkallister Level 65 SM - Saying 2 Days before
Retirement, but probably gonna be back in Lethal Weapon 4.7 anyways
Old 01-25-2014, 12:34 AM
Asmodians

Can you tell us how much GP is given for each method?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:34 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post

This means that a character will receive the standard amount of Glory Points for their rank, plus an additional amount, which is a fraction of their AP.
Care to clarify on the exact fraction?
Old 01-25-2014, 03:17 AM
Elyos

ty Hime/Saja this is very useful :).

I have just one question about this:

From what I understand when under rank 1 you don't get any GP, so if I go to siege as rank 4 I won't get any GP. But what happens if I am lets say a general and I buy something with my AP which causes my ap to drop below rank 1 requirement and I don't succeed in getting it up there before rank update time. Will I get a reset to 0 GP?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:45 AM
Asmodians

All well and good but what's the use of having GP? To only determine ranks?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafees - Siel View Post
All well and good but what's the use of having GP? To only determine ranks?
It encourages high ranks to be more active in sieges etc, and AP will be less of an effect on pvping. The amount of ap you lose in a death is being reduced drastically. It also means people can't just farm AP relics all day, they actually have to compete in different ways to keep it.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:04 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japme - Kahrun View Post
ty Hime/Saja this is very useful :).

I have just one question about this:

From what I understand when under rank 1 you don't get any GP, so if I go to siege as rank 4 I won't get any GP. But what happens if I am lets say a general and I buy something with my AP which causes my ap to drop below rank 1 requirement and I don't succeed in getting it up there before rank update time. Will I get a reset to 0 GP?
You will still get GP as a rank 9.

However, you can have more GP than the governor, but still be rank 9, because you don't meet the AP requirement to become an officer.

TL;DR: GP means nothing unless you have the minimum required AP. EVERYONE gets to earn GP though.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:27 AM
Elyos

chaos/Discipline/harmony arenas wont give GP ? only glory kinda bullsh1t :D
we cant spend GP ? only reason to earn GP is for rank? kinda lame :D

Last edited by Bloodraynez - Tiamat; 01-25-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:38 AM
Elyos

"Can I obtain GP even if our siege / defense is unsuccessful?

Yes. GP may still be rewarded depending on the level of contribution."

Can you please clarify what exactly contribution means? Is it the same system that determines who gets a medal and who does not? Is it AP based? PVP based? Does it favor dmg versus heals or has that finally been fixed/addressed? Very concerned the broken system being used currently is just being lifted and shifted here.