Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Community Manager
  • Posts: 1,552
Default Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

As you have heard, the Steel Cavalry update will bring changes to the current instance dungeon entry system, and to provide you with a comprehensive guide to how these changes affect our players, Aion Producer, Saja, has put together this guide.

---------------

Along with introducing the Aethertech class and Glory Point ranking system, Steel Calvary will also introduce a new system for instance dungeon entry. The previous system based on cooldown time will change to one based on entry count.

Each character will have a certain amount of entries allowed per time period until the entry count reset time. Each instance has its own entry count as well as reset time. Reset times may be daily, weekly, or several times per week.

Here is a comparison of the Instance Info screen (activated through the in-game menu or by typing “/checkentry” in chat) before and after the launch of Steel Calvary.

Before:


After:


In the screenshot above, you can see the entry count for each instance. You will no longer need to wait an allotted time for each instance, but can enter as many times as you wish at your convenience so long as you have entries available.

Whether or not you run out of entries, you can always increase your entry count by using a “Bonus Entry Scroll”. All current time scrolls will become bonus entry scrolls automatically.

Here is an image of the tooltip that appears when you hover over an instance on the map:

Old:


New:


Notice in the below example that Danuar Sanctuary now shows 1/3 under Entry Count. This is because a user used 2 of their 3 available entries for the time period. This user can now use the remaining entry at any point they like.



Once all entries are used, the column then displays the time remaining until the next entry count reset time - this way, you can tell how long you need to wait until the entry count returns to the default maximum.



Unused entries do not carry over – the exception to this is when you have a green number due to exceeding the default entry count. But keep in mind that even if you use a bonus entry scroll and then do not run the instance, that entry will not carry over unless you are above the default count.

Note the green text in the entry count below, and that the default maximum has been exceeded:



This can only happen when a bonus entry scroll is used.

Since the count can be exceeded, it is always possible to use a bonus entry scroll. (In the current system, you can only use a scroll when you are on cooldown.) For this reason, take caution not to unintentionally use an entry scroll.


-Other Frequently Asked Questions-


Does this affect all instances or only certain ones, like new instances?

It affects all instances.

What day does the instance count reset?

It depends on the instance. The count will reset at 9 a.m. on the days listed in the “/checkentry” dialog.

Do unused entries carry over after the reset time?

Only if the default maximum count is exceeded, for example 3/2 or 4/3. The number will appear in a green font in this case.

Do I need to use all my current cool time scrolls before 4.5 launches?

No. They will automatically become bonus entry scrolls and you can use them to add to your entry count.

How will the Instance Cooldown Pack work with the new system?

It will grant you an additional amount of entries for the same time period. Basically, it increases your base entry count. For this reason it will be renamed/called the “Instance Entry Boost Pack”.

When I hover over an instance, the entry count appears blank. What does this mean?

It means that there is no maximum entry count – the instance can be entered an unlimited amount of times.

---------------
We understand there are many more questions that still need to be answered and we'll be adding more answers as we can.
  #2  
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Banned
  • Posts: 756
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

Very good changes.
  #3  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 61
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

This look good :)
  #4  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Carried By Amoyia
  • Posts: 849
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

This seems pretty good.
__________________
Live stream: twitch.tv/s3xual
  #5  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 454
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

I dont really understand how "instace CD pack" wil work with this new system u get 2x more entry or ?
  #6  
Old 01-28-2014, 03:56 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Destroyer of Servers
  • Posts: 4,816
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodraynez - Tiamat View Post
I dont really understand how "instace CD pack" wil work with this new system u get 2x more entry or ?
^ This, pls.
__________________
~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~

RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
  #7  
Old 01-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 73
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

Is that entry list screenshot taken with or without the instance entry pack applied?
  #8  
Old 01-28-2014, 05:56 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 314
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

Is there a way to see what day the instance will reset without using all of your available runs first? For example if I had 4/4 entries left on something like DLR, will it tell me if that resets each Wednesday or twice a week or whatever?

Or take IS from that window, obviously it resets every Wednesday, but does it actually say that anywhere?

Edit: Never mind, I see that if you hover over the instance it tells you.

Last edited by Albus - Kahrun; 01-28-2014 at 05:57 AM.
  #9  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 5
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post
As you have heard, the Steel Cavalry update will bring changes to the current instance dungeon entry system, and to provide you with a comprehensive guide to how these changes affect our players, Aion Producer, Saja, has put together this guide.

---------------

Along with introducing the Aethertech class and Glory Point ranking system, Steel Calvary will also introduce a new system for instance dungeon entry. The previous system based on cooldown time will change to one based on entry count.

Each character will have a certain amount of entries allowed per time period until the entry count reset time. Each instance has its own entry count as well as reset time. Reset times may be daily, weekly, or several times per week.

Here is a comparison of the Instance Info screen (activated through the in-game menu or by typing “/checkentry” in chat) before and after the launch of Steel Calvary.

Before:


After:


In the screenshot above, you can see the entry count for each instance. You will no longer need to wait an allotted time for each instance, but can enter as many times as you wish at your convenience so long as you have entries available.

Whether or not you run out of entries, you can always increase your entry count by using a “Bonus Entry Scroll”. All current time scrolls will become bonus entry scrolls automatically.

Here is an image of the tooltip that appears when you hover over an instance on the map:

Old:


New:


Notice in the below example that Danuar Sanctuary now shows 1/3 under Entry Count. This is because a user used 2 of their 3 available entries for the time period. This user can now use the remaining entry at any point they like.



Once all entries are used, the column then displays the time remaining until the next entry count reset time - this way, you can tell how long you need to wait until the entry count returns to the default maximum.



Unused entries do not carry over – the exception to this is when you have a green number due to exceeding the default entry count. But keep in mind that even if you use a bonus entry scroll and then do not run the instance, that entry will not carry over unless you are above the default count.

Note the green text in the entry count below, and that the default maximum has been exceeded:



This can only happen when a bonus entry scroll is used.

Since the count can be exceeded, it is always possible to use a bonus entry scroll. (In the current system, you can only use a scroll when you are on cooldown.) For this reason, take caution not to unintentionally use an entry scroll.


-Other Frequently Asked Questions-


Does this affect all instances or only certain ones, like new instances?

It affects all instances.

What day does the instance count reset?

It depends on the instance. The count will reset at 9 a.m. on the days listed in the “/checkentry” dialog.

Do unused entries carry over after the reset time?

Only if the default maximum count is exceeded, for example 3/2 or 4/3. The number will appear in a green font in this case.

Do I need to use all my current cool time scrolls before 4.5 launches?

No. They will automatically become bonus entry scrolls and you can use them to add to your entry count.

How will the Instance Cooldown Pack work with the new system?

It will grant you an additional amount of entries for the same time period. Basically, it increases your base entry count. For this reason it will be renamed/called the “Instance Entry Boost Pack”.

When I hover over an instance, the entry count appears blank. What does this mean?

It means that there is no maximum entry count – the instance can be entered an unlimited amount of times.

---------------
We understand there are many more questions that still need to be answered and we'll be adding more answers as we can.
So if IS has 2 entries per week under the new system and my Instance Cooldown Pack allows 7 entries per week, under the new system I can go 7x in one day and then wait until the reset? Currently I can go each day after daily reset, whereas without the CD pack, it's once per week.
  #10  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 314
Default Re: Entry Count System Guide & FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalt - Israphel View Post
So if IS has 2 entries per week under the new system and my Instance Cooldown Pack allows 7 entries per week, under the new system I can go 7x in one day and then wait until the reset? Currently I can go each day after daily reset, whereas without the CD pack, it's once per week.
You can't go 7x per week right now... It resets Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday I believe. But I think the logic behind your post is correct. However many times you can run it right now in a week will be how many you have on the counter in 4.5.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 AM.