- Ignore downtime that potions can't correct
- We are talking about PVE

1) What class Kills the fastest
2) What class kills almost as fast but has better survivability
Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Fastest leveling Class

1. Sorc
2. Assassin (Rangers can level as fast as assassins pre-30 so long as you don't try to use a bow until about 25) from 30 onwards, Ranger takes this spot hands down because they can solo elites.

Last edited by SinlarraIS - Israphel; 04-05-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: adding
Old 04-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Elyos

your besically looking for a ranged class cuz most melee classes can kill fast yes but they also get hit pretty hard
Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Elyos

I dunno about "best" maybe sorc. but as far as easiest, if you know how to kite, SM then Ranger then Sorc, at least in my experience. I don't understand people who use pets to tank... so slow, so much down time.

Rangers are a **** good second, mainly because if played right they don't use a ton of mana, and don't get hit, so pots aren't too important, and if they have to pot, usually a cheap mana over time recovers completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlarra - Israphel View Post
2. Assassin (Rangers can level as fast as assassins pre-30 so long as you don't try to use a bow until about 25) from 30 onwards, Ranger takes this spot hands down because they can solo elites.
rangers can solo elites at 19+ pretty easily, so can sorc and SMs
Old 04-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Elyos

SM, Sorc, Ranger and Cleric are the only classes I know of that can consistently kill elites up to 5 levels above them. I would say SM or Sorc of these 4 are the fastest. Would be curious to hear other opinions on this.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Elyos

It depends weather or not you can stand kiting . Me personally, i can't stand it I would rather be able to take the damage :) as for fastest class my guess would be SM. I do know the first 50 on my server was a SM,
Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Elyos

I would say ranger since they can take a few more hits then sms and can run faster if things get out of hand. I know for sure worst class has to be temp, man they take forever to kill a mob.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Elyos

Depending on what level your looking to get, like 30 for the set gear. A SM in my experience, get the DP buff on your pet and you don't rest at all.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukien - Meslamtaeda View Post
SM, Sorc, Ranger and Cleric are the only classes I know of that can consistently kill elites up to 5 levels above them. I would say SM or Sorc of these 4 are the fastest. Would be curious to hear other opinions on this.
I have a level 41 cleric alt and I just want to say that the amount of manapots I use is ridiculous. Unless you craft your own pots or have a friend that can craft them if you collect the mats or something, it can get pretty expensive. Just wanted to put that out there. But yeah, elites are also extremely easy so there's also that.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Asmodians

SM (with DP buff up always, easy to achieve with DP jelly), Sorcerer, Ranger, then cleric (with boost and mana pots). All of the classes require kiting to different extents and gear obviously plays a significant roll in how quickly and effective your kiting is. All of the above classes can kill elites solo and can get to 50 quickly doing so.