Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Siel’s Tribune
  • Posts: 3,803
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

The only annoying thing about ARM is the forced update procedure. Sometimes you will load it up with the game already running thinking it is going to be recording then when you go back to look a the results you will see it didn't do anything because an update is required. Why not change it to have an update reminder instead?
  #12  
Old 09-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 20
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

I do have a couple of feature questions (or requests if they don't already exist and I just haven't seen them).

First, is there a way to calculate dps by skill? When trying to determine a good chain it would be helpful to know how to optimize according to this metric.

Second, I would be very interested to see xp/hr so I can weigh my characters' advancement against each other. As a solo player looking to find a second favorite class (the Chanter will never be replaced) one of things I look for is advancement speed. This metric would also help folks determine which areas/enemies are best for grinding.

If these features already exist, could you point me to them?

Thanks again. I'm very much liking the skill comparisons even without dps included.

Coyote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 774
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belserah - Tiamat View Post
Second, I would be very interested to see xp/hr so I can weigh my characters' advancement against each other. As a solo player looking to find a second favorite class (the Chanter will never be replaced) one of things I look for is advancement speed. This metric would also help folks determine which areas/enemies are best for grinding.
For exp/hour, check out Aion Grind Meter. Like ARM, it reads off your exp gains from the Chat.log file. It also does gathering/crafting level ups/hour.
__________________
Aion Grind Meter 2 now available! EXP, AP, GP, Mobs, items, etc. per hour
See your EXP numbers (4 most significant digits)
Now supporting 5.6! (2.4.3 - 2017-07-24)
https://github.com/maxperiod/aiongrindmeter2
  #14  
Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 527
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo - Siel View Post
The only annoying thing about ARM is the forced update procedure. Sometimes you will load it up with the game already running thinking it is going to be recording then when you go back to look a the results you will see it didn't do anything because an update is required. Why not change it to have an update reminder instead?
Been having issues again trying to log in the forum :/

The forced update.. used to have different reasons in the past, now it's mostly this:

1) To avoid people using old versions
2) Adsense. Forced updates take people to the website, which turns into banner clicks and that turns into a little money to pay for the hosting and domain.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/Ib2cxBv.png
  #15  
Old 09-11-2014, 08:07 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 527
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belserah - Tiamat View Post
I do have a couple of feature questions (or requests if they don't already exist and I just haven't seen them).

First, is there a way to calculate dps by skill? When trying to determine a good chain it would be helpful to know how to optimize according to this metric.

Second, I would be very interested to see xp/hr so I can weigh my characters' advancement against each other. As a solo player looking to find a second favorite class (the Chanter will never be replaced) one of things I look for is advancement speed. This metric would also help folks determine which areas/enemies are best for grinding.

If these features already exist, could you point me to them?

Thanks again. I'm very much liking the skill comparisons even without dps included.

Coyote
Dps per skill.. I'm not sure, it's a tricky subject. Dps in ARM is calc'ed by "damage/active time", with active meaning the time ARM thinks you are ~actively dpsing and not idle/afk; this is adjusted on a per class basis and other events like mob dying and some other variables. If we have to calc a dps for a single skill, I'm not sure how to approach that. Total damage/total active time isn't accurate because you are using other skills in between. The only good way to do this would be if Aion had an API with detailed skill data like WoW, where you are told exactly when you start and finish casting every skill on a millisecond basis (iirc), then that way you can really tell .. x skill was used for exactly xx time and did total xxx damage, then you can do the math, but in Aion all you get is at x time xx skill is used on a mob, with x being only a second-accurate timing which belongs to your computer's time, like 18h 05m 02s.

What I do instead on sieges etc is use the tool at Data/Compare class dmg, and check the -average- damage done per skill.

XP per hour isn't checked, however you can check the amount of XP, if you click on the bottom bar it will switch between 3 modes:

Ap/Kills
Exp/Mobs
Kinah/Spent (acquired/spent)
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/Ib2cxBv.png
  #16  
Old 09-13-2014, 11:09 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 20
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

That was a far more thorough response than I expect. You, sir (assuming here), have excellent customer service. I do hope you're not only coding as a hobby; you should certainly have this as your career.

Okay, I'll stop being sycophantic. I've just always respected good coders.

Coyote

edit: Yikes. Your donations PayPal setup only accepts donations in euros. I'll have to see if there are any fees associated in addition to currency exchange rates on PayPal transfers.

Last edited by Kye - Tiamat; 09-13-2014 at 11:13 AM.
  #17  
Old 09-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 527
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belserah - Tiamat View Post
That was a far more thorough response than I expect. You, sir (assuming here), have excellent customer service. I do hope you're not only coding as a hobby; you should certainly have this as your career.

Okay, I'll stop being sycophantic. I've just always respected good coders.

Coyote

edit: Yikes. Your donations PayPal setup only accepts donations in euros. I'll have to see if there are any fees associated in addition to currency exchange rates on PayPal transfers.
Thank you :) You can send donation directly in other currencies by logging into your paypal and sending anything to arm@rainy.ws

As for jobs, sadly right now I'm actually working (temp. contract) as a night shift receptionist/manager at a hotel.. where I live it's all about tourism, and the few ~computer jobs around pay maybe half what I get here. I hope to get an IT job again in the future if/when I go back to Tokyo as I had been planning for the last few years. (been there twice in the past).
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/Ib2cxBv.png
  #18  
Old 10-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 103
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

I have many problems with ARM.

1. Skill list windows don't show any text, because of how ARM uses skins. On Windows XP it can be worked around by enabling "use visual styles on windows and buttons" in windows settings and changing ARM skin to something other than "Windows". On Windows 7 with classic theme the problem can't be worked around.

2. Forced updates, required connection with ARM server, opening web page on update. Those things are wrong on so many levels. I just hope that people who use ARM have a unique password for their NCSoft account, that they don't use anywhere else.

3. Performance. ARM often freezes for 10-30 seconds.

4. Skins. Anything but "Windows" visual style works terribly (menus constantly blink, text scrolling in chat windows is awful). This wouldn't be an issues if "Windows" style worked for skill list.

5. Player DB gets corrupted or something. It keeps working for marking players as blacklisted, but the Player DB window only shows the first few entries.

6. Auto-scroll and OnTop options don't save.

There are many more minor issues and missing features. The program had no serious updates in years.
__________________
tinyurl.com/aionschedule
  #19  
Old 10-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Shadow of Azphel
  • Posts: 7,136
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

Hey Momo,

One thing that ACT does that your rainmeter doesn't is the amount of hp healed. Aion has a huge problem with clerics / chanters that THINK they are good or useful, but are actually terribad. And we have no way of weeding them out, or congratulating those of the clerics that are exceptional and prove it.

I think if we had a meter that allowed us to really say to our healers, "dude awesome job, you carried us" we'd see alot more clerics dropping their stupid ass magic boost sets.
  #20  
Old 10-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Governor
  • Posts: 1,605
Default Re: Aion Rainmeter - Discussion and Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malagen - Siel View Post
I think if we had a meter that allowed us to really say to our healers, "dude awesome job, you carried us" we'd see alot more clerics dropping their stupid ass magic boost sets.
More clerics would stick to heals if people would actually say from time to time good words for doing good heals - for most people it's our job to heal them, even if like 2/3 clerics in group are in for dps... 99/100 comments for cleric is just QQ for not healing fast enough or dispelling

but yes, cleric is my main and sometimes I would love to see hows looking my heals compared to other clerics and actually check if the other support is really supporting the group

ARM helps with setting up good chain of skills to improve dps, it could help a bit to improve heals as well :)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:47 PM.