Old 04-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Elyos
Default Re: The Basic "Do's and Don'ts" of Quick Join Instances.

Don't - Quick que while having hope for a good result.

Do - Be ready to make one hell of a sandwich when everyone inevitably goes afk.

http://www.twitch.tv/zelandias - World of Tanks, Dark Souls, FF14, and any game that's recommended really.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Asmodians

Good thread. Much helpage.
"If you light a lamp for someone else, you brighten your own path as well."
Old 04-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyria - Siel View Post
The instances that allow quick entry are all instanced PvP, so this is probably where it belongs.

Also,

If the tank is waiting outside a room not making a pull yet, DO NOT DO IT FOR HIM. There is probably a good reason they are waiting, ie. patrols. A poorly timed pull from another group member at the wrong time can lead to aggro of the entire room and a subsequent wipe.
That kinda goes with #1 :s...
Old 04-29-2014, 04:46 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Good post. There's some stuff I'd add though.

HEALERS:
These are 3 healing classes as of 4.5: Cleric, Chanter, and Bard. Whether or not you think you are a healing class, Quick Join will certainly treat you as thus, and therefore you should join the instance knowing full well that there is the possibility of you ending up as the only healer. How Quick Join works, is it will always reserve a slot for one of these 3 classes, and since there is often a shortage of healers in Quick Join queues, there will usually only be 1 healer per group. Thus, you should always have healing spec prepared if you are to quick enter an instance.
I can heal dredgions as dps spec at my cleric with no trouble actually.
Problem is when a group is formed with 4 clerics. 1. Chances are that meanwhile, somwhere, there's a group with no healers. 2. Every single cleric, while seeing another cleric at the group will think "good, another cleric, I can dps then" and what happens? NO ONE HEALS EVER.
So here's a tip: Try to decide who's going to be the healer BEFORE the dredge starts. Or take a look at the others and see what they're doing. If they're all dpsing, YOU HEAL. If is a group where everyone is a healer, HEAL YOURSELF AT LEAST. That flash recovery at your bar is there for a reason. I already did plenty of dredges with only clerics, chanters and sw, and they can't even heal themselves, and when the group wipes, they blame the others. Lame.

Quote:
Basic kill hierarchy:
Sometimes your group cannot hold your hands through everything and do "communication" as Shadow said for every single kill, whether it is PvP or PvE. If a mark is not up yet or they have not called out a name, do a quick scan of the area. The general priority of kill order is going to be
  1. Mages/Bard
  2. Scouts/Leathers
  3. Chain
  4. Warrior/Plate/Aethertech
1 - SM
2 - SM
3 - SM
4 - SM
5 - cleric if its healing the sm too much
6 - sorc/bard
7 - rest

Just one more thing:

DON'T ATTACK AN ELYOS/ASMO THAT'S TRAINING MOBS.
Or do. But don't talk nyerk if someone blames you for the wipe.

Last edited by Angina - Siel; 04-29-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angina - Siel View Post
DON'T ATTACK AN ELYOS/ASMO THAT'S TRAINING MOBS.
Or do. But don't talk nyerk if someone blames you for the wipe.
nifty little trick, you can root them, dont know if slows and whatnot will be the same but root the trainer, the mobs catch them and nom them before ther in the agro range of your mobs \o/ (may not work as well on L65s as it used to when the cap was 60 though). if my group got to the captains room first, i was always looking for trainers, pop root on em then carry on as i was ^^
Old 04-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinalaf - Tiamat View Post
nifty little trick, you can root them, dont know if slows and whatnot will be the same but root the trainer, the mobs catch them and nom them before ther in the agro range of your mobs \o/ (may not work as well on L65s as it used to when the cap was 60 though). if my group got to the captains room first, i was always looking for trainers, pop root on em then carry on as i was ^^
Have your SM instant fear them back into their train of mobs. Serves 'em right
Old 04-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Asmodians

I was kicked out from LDR because all my gladiator's gear was PVP: abyss E60+10 with crit/acc stones socketed. i didnt have a pve gear like TS, kahrun, etc.
Happened 2 days ago and i am still mad !!!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Good post. There's some stuff I'd add though.

HEALERS:
These are 3 healing classes as of 4.5: Cleric, Chanter, and Bard. Whether or not you think you are a healing class, Quick Join will certainly treat you as thus, and therefore you should join the instance knowing full well that there is the possibility of you ending up as the only healer. How Quick Join works, is it will always reserve a slot for one of these 3 classes, and since there is often a shortage of healers in Quick Join queues, there will usually only be 1 healer per group. Thus, you should always have healing spec prepared if you are to quick enter an instance.
And for others: don't expect to get heals from SW even if they are the only healer class in the group. They will rather risk wipe than stop dpsing. Really, in all the random quick Dredges I met ONE songweaver who was willing to heal others.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinalaf - Tiamat View Post
Oh, yeah. There was a dredge once that I spent the entire run fearing the guy that was trying to train us. So funny!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Elyos

That's why I really can't respect a lot of SW's. They think they are only DPS, but really, quick enter classifies them as a healer class, and they should treat their class as thus. Sure if there is a chanter and SW they can just DPS, but when there is no other healer I think it's perfectly fair to expect them to step up to the role. It's like how if there is no temp, glad, or AT, the sin steps up to the role of tank. They don't complain, most of the sins know on some level anyways that the job is on them if no other tank is there. While their heals may not be on the same level as a cleric's, it will still make a big difference to the group. And if they are lacking healing power, they should be focusing 100% to make up for it - a cleric may be able to side-DPS while still healing, but an SW doesn't really have that same freedom and not many SW's really recognize that. I've had dredges where the SW will basically be DPS-ing during a pull of 4 mobs even though they are the only healer, the tank nearly dies and barely escapes with 1 or 2k hp, yet they wait until all the mobs are dead and they've finally stopped DPS-ing to heal.

Last edited by Aethyria - Siel; 04-30-2014 at 11:15 AM.