Old 04-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: The Basic "Do's and Don'ts" of Quick Join Instances.

When being trained I was also taught as a cleric to attack but only using my servants. The mobs reaggro onto servants (and pets) when the trainer dies, keeping me alive. Mwaha!
"If you light a lamp for someone else, you brighten your own path as well."
Old 04-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Asmodians

I believe it spirit master's pets get aggro they'll auto attack the mob though and may aggro to the owner. Not 100% on that but again, this thread isn't about how to deal with those situations.. just judgement on handling what comes your way.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Asmodians

I would add:
#n: if you are cleric/sw/chanter and you are only person in group that got heals - take this stick off your butt and stop talk like retarded to group to "use pots" or that you are dps spec - we all know dps and heals spec both got pretty nice heals

about kill hierarchy - often happen that the weaken part of the group is cleric - from own experience most of them is so focused to heal the group that they don't remember to dispel self what makes them easy to bury silence :)
also its important for group to focus 1 target - even best cleric wont keep you up if whole group burn you down
ofc. if you got in group guy who know how to burry silence or use sleep (very rare skills this days) - he can silence/sleep cleric rest can kill sm :)
if you got glad(s) in group don't waste mana on sleep xD

in places like dredge its important to pay attention to dots (esp. sw ones) and use healing pot just to help the cleric a lil bit :)

Before you QQ on cleric for not healing / dispelling - check the debufs on him/her cause guy might be dealing with para (curse you AT's) and not be able to do anything... or just cleric got heal agro on mobs that you pulled sec ago by kitting around

Last edited by Lilithis - Tiamat; 05-01-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Asmodians

Would very much like this stickied lol
Old 05-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Asmodians

Yay :). Ty Hime <3

As for the added suggestions. Please try to keep them within the criteria of the environments of the instances as well as general groups. How you pvp/pve and how you play the class is for their individual categories. This guide is made so people understand how to "judge" situations. Please keep it within that range of information and I'll update it when I feel it's necessary.

EDIT: I added a small portion about aggro/training lol.

Last edited by SirShadow - Siel; 05-01-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyria - Siel View Post
That's why I really can't respect a lot of SW's. They think they are only DPS, but really, quick enter classifies them as a healer class, and they should treat their class as thus. Sure if there is a chanter and SW they can just DPS, but when there is no other healer I think it's perfectly fair to expect them to step up to the role. It's like how if there is no temp, glad, or AT, the sin steps up to the role of tank. They don't complain, most of the sins know on some level anyways that the job is on them if no other tank is there. While their heals may not be on the same level as a cleric's, it will still make a big difference to the group. And if they are lacking healing power, they should be focusing 100% to make up for it - a cleric may be able to side-DPS while still healing, but an SW doesn't really have that same freedom and not many SW's really recognize that. I've had dredges where the SW will basically be DPS-ing during a pull of 4 mobs even though they are the only healer, the tank nearly dies and barely escapes with 1 or 2k hp, yet they wait until all the mobs are dead and they've finally stopped DPS-ing to heal.
Most sws I found would heal as best they could, as I do on mine. But people still (after all this time?) don't understand why sws are crappy group healers.
1. cloth is squishy
2. animation times
3. main heal is initial + 2 chains (1k/800/1.2k base numbers roughly, more past 55). Each one typically on a different player. Not much hp per target.
4. mana intensive, nobody wants to give sws time to replenish their mana between pulls in a timed instance
5. if heal spec'd, one single target aggro dump on 1m timer. No other aggro dump.
6. if heal spec'd, 1 group heal - 10 MIN timer
7. everyone everywhere says that sw heal tree is garbage. why would they spec it?

Sorry for derail. I like the guide, I hope more people read it.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Asmodians

As an sw in dredg I find it extremely challenging but fun I end up doin far more than most other players I heal, cc, dps, mana heal etc and yes I will tell groupware to use pots because like ^said my heals suck they help but not alot but all in all everyone should use their class to fullest potential to help the whole group succeed
Old 05-07-2014, 04:16 AM
Elyos

I guess this is belong to PvE instead of PvP :P
Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyria - Siel View Post
The instances that allow quick entry are all instanced PvP, so this is probably where it belongs.

Also,

If the tank is waiting outside a room not making a pull yet, DO NOT DO IT FOR HIM. There is probably a good reason they are waiting, ie. patrols. A poorly timed pull from another group member at the wrong time can lead to aggro of the entire room and a subsequent wipe.
nyerk I'd do it for him, in fact when I Quick Entry I naturally lead just because no one else can keep up with me.

Don't need heals to Solo Dredge with decent time as a Glad or Sin

Dredge is a PVE Race, so the longer you take, the worse off you'll be. There are Tanks who sit and wait not realizing this concept.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake - Kahrun View Post
nyerk I'd do it for him, in fact when I Quick Entry I naturally lead just because no one else can keep up with me.

Don't need heals to Solo Dredge with decent time as a Glad or Sin

Dredge is a PVE Race, so the longer you take, the worse off you'll be. There are Tanks who sit and wait not realizing this concept.
True but not every time do you get a plate armor in quick dredges. A bad pull can lead to a group wipe which would take alot longer to pick up from than it would waiting for a mob to take 3 steps away from another few mobs. This doesn't always just apply to dredgion, it works for EOB too. People pull rooms in there without actually waiting for the templar to wait for the archer to walk into the mob's on either the left or the right. Then people end up dying and the group wipes because they pulled a whole room of elite 4-5 star mobs.

Always depends on your group, your gear, and the instance. For the most part though, this is a guide for newer players.... Not those of us who know how to take aggro and pull etc. If you know how to pull or know the timing will be right without any problems... go for it and by all means save your group the trouble. However if the group doesn't know or isn't 100% sure when running the instance, it's a matter of patience and knowing what to do and when to do it. Better safe than sorry, even if it costs 3-5 seconds of your time.