Old 04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: The Basic "Do's and Don'ts" of Quick Join Instances.

I didn't read this whole thread, so i don't know if this have been touched upon.
About training. Training is crucial on some instances, but you must know how and when to use it(and make it worth it).
First, about WHEN to train. You want to train when the opponent is about as strong as you and IF you do have a chance to win. For example, if you are finishing a surk on dredge, or you progress in the pve in the same speed as the opponent with similar score, and you need to slow them down somehow. You do NOT want to train when the opponent is stronger than you and it's far ahead in points. You certainly do not want to train and prevent them to finish the instance or delay it when you don't have a chance to win or everyone else already gave up. You will want them to finish it quickly so you can do something else with your time. Sometimes in dredge there's a lonely soul who insists on keep preventing the enemy of finishing the instance, and really there's nothing to be gained on 30 min. instances for the same prize.
About preemptive training: Sometimes when you are about to finish dredge, and you feel there will be a train incoming on you, you should agro some mobs and bring to where the opponent group is so the rest of your team has time to kill the captain or something.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelandia - Israphel View Post
Don't - Quick que while having hope for a good result.

Do - Be ready to make one hell of a sandwich when everyone inevitably goes afk.

AFKers in private ( as well as quick join) entry Dredge is why I just cant get into this game every time I try to start up again. To many people in Aion community that do not prefere to PLAY the game. like a bunch of heroine addicts just sitting in a corner collecting enough AP to get by in the society of Aion. This is why they suck at later levels as well i suppose. Then again the Devs are the enabelers of this BS. Joined 2 Private enty Dredges today and 80% went afk from the start.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketta - Siel View Post
AFKers in private ( as well as quick join) entry Dredge is why I just cant get into this game every time I try to start up again. To many people in Aion community that do not prefere to PLAY the game. like a bunch of heroine addicts just sitting in a corner collecting enough AP to get by in the society of Aion. This is why they suck at later levels as well i suppose. Then again the Devs are the enabelers of this BS. Joined 2 Private enty Dredges today and 80% went afk from the start.
Solution: join premades.
IS Elyos - Tannen - 65 Gun, Crystalize - 65 SW, Chrysaora - 65 Sorc, CumulusStormeye - 65 Temp
Old 05-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Asmodians

The afk argument is bad, cuz both sides do it.
Yeah, it sucks when your side is afk, but many times the opponents will be afk as well, giving you free wins.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Elyos

Remember....when your dead and taking a nice little dirt nap, you have plenty of time to think about what mistakes you may have made. :-)
Old 07-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyria - Siel View Post
The instances that allow quick entry are all instanced PvP, so this is probably where it belongs.

Also,

If the tank is waiting outside a room not making a pull yet, DO NOT DO IT FOR HIM. There is probably a good reason they are waiting, ie. patrols. A poorly timed pull from another group member at the wrong time can lead to aggro of the entire room and a subsequent wipe.
Not sure if this has been repeated within the thread, but yes, yes, yes. If you want to be the tank, go roll a tank. A term from another game I play is huntards. Or one probably familiar to most MMO players - Leeroy. They just can't keep the itchy trigger fingers still long enough for the tanks to do their job... Don't be a Leeroy, please.

Last edited by Ynara - Israphel; 07-03-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynara - Israphel View Post
Not sure if this has been repeated within the thread, but yes, yes, yes. If you want to be the tank, go roll a tank. A term from another game I play is huntards. Or one probably familiar to most MMO players - Leeroy. They just can't keep the itchy trigger fingers still long enough for the tanks to do their job... Don't be a Leeroy, please.
I believe it has more or less. Though I tend to (or used to anyways) just tank what I knew I could handle. Such as if I spotted a mob by itself or if 2 mobs were together that I knew I could take on I'd personally tank myself despite being another class that isn't meant to tank. Typically because I either had HP steals, CC, or was just in tanky enough gear. I think I fall under the category of trigger happy leeroy's, I do have self control not to screw over a situation but I still hate wasting time when I know the tank could already move on or I could help him off-tank in the mean time. Only case I end up doing something stupid is typically something I've never run and try to "roll with it" with the rest of the group as I watch them attack things. I think I've fixed that issue though by observing more and calculating why they took said actions to approach mobs or follow a path.

tl;dr: It comes down to using common logic once again. Do what you think is right but think before you actually do it. Consider, plan out, calculate, and follow through. Otherwise.... you wind up with 5 mobs on you or an angry party.

Glad to see some people actually read this guide still xD. I don't think it will be outdated considering Aion will always seem to have quick queue instances, where new players will need some form of reference on how to enter these with some form of brain activity than just entering blindly and failing just trying to figure out the instance.

Observation is key folks. Even for new content that comes out.