Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Elyos
Default Chat Silence Feature Guide and FAQ

What is the Chat Silence Feature?
The Chat Silence Feature is a new system we’ve implemented during our July 2, 2014 maintenance. The feature allows players to report spammers in the chat channels and eventually lead up to the player being silenced.

To report a player to silence, type /silence <player name here> into the chat window. We do not have the functionality to right-click a player name in chat to silence as we do the block function. You can make a macro or right-click the player name to block like you normally do and save the name to use /silence.
http://i.imgur.com/gJ2HvNe.jpg
You should only report players using the chat system in violation of the terms of service especially on Kinah sellers and spammers. It should not be used to report players you find annoying or simply dislike.

How does it work?
Every time a player is reported through the /silence feature, it is flagged in our system. When a player reaches a certain number of reports, the player is silenced.

What happens when I silence a player?
After you silence a player, you will see a confirmation of your action in your chat window. You cannot silence the same player more than once a day.
http://i.imgur.com/Nfw9c9B.jpg
What happens to the silenced player?
When a player receives enough reports, their messages will not be displayed in Say, Whisper, Shout, Group chat, Legion chat, Alliance / League chat and other Chat Channels. Silenced players also cannot open private stores and send mail.

- Frequently Asked Questions -
Can I report players from the other faction?
You cannot report players from the other faction. If you are being harassed by another player from the other faction, you can report him or her through our Support system.

How is player abuse prevented?
With any automated system, there will always be people who want to abuse the feature. We encourage our players to make only legitimate reports. We do have checks and balances in place that prevents false reports from being generated too quickly and we have a tool that allows us to see the reported and the reporter.

How do I know if I’ve been silenced?
If you have been silenced you will notice that you cannot open a private store or use the mail. If you believe that you’ve have been maliciously targeted, please contact our Support team and we will resolve the matter shortly.

- Other Questions -
By illegitimate players are we saying that we should only be reporting goldspammers or does this include harassing or abusive players? ~Switzerland
We encourage players to use the function to report chat violations especially Kinah selling spammers. If you are being harassed, please contact Support versus using the function. Do not use the feature on players you dislike or find annoying; we have the /block command for that.

Can silence godstones trigger the disabled chat state? XD ~Kuraciel
Skills or Godstones will not trigger the silence command.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Chat Silence Feature Guide and FAQ

/silence RNG
Old 07-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post
Can silence godstones trigger the disabled chat state? XD ~Kuraciel
Skills or Godstones will not trigger the silence command.
if I could soul freeze all the spammer and make them shut up I would ><
Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Elyos

waaaaaaaaay too time consuming, im all for bannin the bots/gold spammers/sellers but the /silence is a lil too time consuming(shoosh, im lazy(or energy efficient ^_^) :P)

could they not make it far simpler with...
right click players name, click block.
"block window opens. add dropdown with
"reason for block"
options : auto hunting/gold spamming/abusive(leave blank if ya just feel like blocking someone)
click "ok"
job done
Old 07-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Asmodians

sigh...
the macro listed on the patch notes returns the result 'that character does not exist'
silencing the kinah spammers should have had right click & point functionality from the beginning... and should also /block them... now if i want to use the silence to help the community... i have to type /silence <keyboardfacerolledplayername> and then block them to avoid my chat channels being flooded until they get the requisite number of silences.

and if im bouncing around on multiple toons... i have to do this for each one... the silence should also place an account level block on the spammers so that i dont have to type it over and OVER and OVER for every new keyboardfacerollnamed spammer that gets rolled up & botted thru ishalgen & altgard.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnee - Israphel View Post
sigh...
the macro listed on the patch notes returns the result 'that character does not exist'
silencing the kinah spammers should have had right click & point functionality from the beginning... and should also /block them... now if i want to use the silence to help the community... i have to type /silence <keyboardfacerolledplayername> and then block them to avoid my chat channels being flooded until they get the requisite number of silences.

and if im bouncing around on multiple toons... i have to do this for each one... the silence should also place an account level block on the spammers so that i dont have to type it over and OVER and OVER for every new keyboardfacerollnamed spammer that gets rolled up & botted thru ishalgen & altgard.
Block first and Ctrl + C the name from the Block window.

Then it's just /silence + Ctrl V

It's really not that complicated. Takes a whole 5 extra seconds.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Asmodians

If selected players can be approved, so that only their votes count up 50%-100% of the required votes, then Kinah spammers can be /silenced faster. Even now, every time I pass by Pandaemonium on Siel, there will be at least one spammer for sure. So it means that the community doesn't bother at all. Only my 1 vote doesn't do nyerk.
<Xxiiliea> - Lvl 65 Ranger - Elyos, Tiamat
Hiatus from Aion at the moment.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:55 AM
Asmodians

When I silence a spammer-bot, do I stop seeing its messages or it can keep spamming me until it gets enough reports?

PS. Who is Danuar? :P

Last edited by Kavatzogata - Kahrun; 07-23-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:21 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavatzogata - Kahrun View Post
When I silence a spammer-bot, do I stop seeing its messages or it can keep spamming me until it gets enough reports?

PS. Who is Danuar? :P
nopers, in aions usual style, /silence doesnt silence someone /facepalm does still work ^^

you have to /silence then /block and ya wont see ther spam anymore, but i save myself a lil time and just /block cos that does the trick for me ^^

WYB /import all blocks or make em account wide (yes, i know you can import the blocked toons but only one at a time...)
Old 07-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Elyos

I still think the best way to silence would be to give us the functionality to block certain words or phrases, as the bots all use the same text.