Old 11-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Asmodians
Default level 60 balic

why oh why so many mats for second rank armor?

250 gold mats (top and head) that thanks to needing 10 hammers to go from green to blue and 50 from blue to gold cost around a million each. One in four may proc to eternal so assume i's for a fabled, compared to slogging it out in substandard gear and buying fabled orphidian for 15 mil

They really
1 don't want people to craft
2 don't want new players to come in or old players to return (gear gap which means that for a 65 instance people will look at your old gear and say no thanks)
Old 11-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: level 60 balic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrighanAR - Siel View Post
why oh why so many mats for second rank armor?

250 gold mats (top and head) that thanks to needing 10 hammers to go from green to blue and 50 from blue to gold cost around a million each. One in four may proc to eternal so assume i's for a fabled, compared to slogging it out in substandard gear and buying fabled orphidian for 15 mil

They really
1 don't want people to craft
2 don't want new players to come in or old players to return (gear gap which means that for a 65 instance people will look at your old gear and say no thanks)
I recently finished crafting 2 Full leather 60 Balic Sets. Rendering cloth mats now, and will have the full cloth set in maybe 2 or 3 months. The only appeal to that gear are the skins. Since they are unique, and since it is such a painful process crafting them they are almost non existent. So little to no chance of seeing some jerk in the same stuff.

Frankly, your beef with it confuses me. The skins are the same for proc and non proc. The gear itself is not very good at all for anything other than the skin.

That being said I proc'd about 80 to 90% of the balic 60 pieces I've made. Think a pair of boots and maybe a pair of pants did not proc.

Either way it's pretty obvious Tailoring is a dead profession. Most of what can be made is entirely useless when compared to similar gear obtained elsewhere. The one exception being the braided designs for gunners. It's just for pretty skins and sinking billions.

Rough cost is 5B Kina for this outfit. And that's mostly to NPC's to render mats like you said.
http://i61.tinypic.com/mh826g.jpg

Last edited by Avrae - Israphel; 11-10-2014 at 10:24 AM.