Old 01-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Elyos
Default January Update Sneak Peek

Getting the year started off with a bang, new updates are coming to Steel Cavalry! In this sneak peek, we’ll give you a quick look at what to expect on January 28!

Manastone Socketing Changes
Currently, when socketing manastones onto your equipment, every attempt runs the risk of having all successfully socketed manastones on your equipment destroyed.
CURRENT
In the updated system coming soon, if the socketing fails, only the manastone being used to socket will be destroyed. All successfully socketed manastones will no longer be affected!
NEW

Enchantment Stones Simplified
New Enchantment Stones acquired after the game update will no longer use the number system. The stones will be organized into five grades, using the color scheme we have been familiar with. From the lowest stone to the best stones with their respective color are Alpha (Gold), Beta (Silver), Gamma (Blue), Delta (Green), and Epsilon (Purple).

Each type of stone will have a recommendation of what types of equipment to use it on. You can always use any stone on a lower tier item, or try your luck with a higher one!

New Amplification System
With the new Amplification system, equipment can now be enchanted past its maximum enchantment level. Once you enchant your equipment to the maximum level (generally +15), you can use Amplification items that “amplify” your equipment, allowing it to be enchanted past this point – with no limit!

Once your item has been “amplified”, you can then only enchant the item with an Omega Enchantment Stone. Should enchantment fail after amplification, no matter what level you’re at, the item will return to its pre-amplified (but max level) state and will need to be amplified again. Enchanting your amplified items adds additional bonuses to your weapon and at +20, a random Amplification skill connected to the item becomes available. Should the item enchantment drop below +20, the skill will be unavailable, and a random new skill may be given if you reach +20 again.

Returning Player Abbeys
A new refuge for returning players will be available. The Fatebound Abbey for Asmodians and Wisplight Abbey for Elyos will have additional quests and other helpful perks to get you along your way. If you have any friends that are looking to come back to Aion, this update would be a good time to start. Details and eligibility for the Abbeys will be available later.

These are just a few changes coming in this update. You can read the full changes later in our patch notes and/or witness the update on January 28, 2015.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: January Update Sneak Peek

Old 01-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post
Enchantment Stones Simplified
New Enchantment Stones acquired after the game update will no longer use the number system. The stones will be organized into five grades, using the color scheme we have been familiar with. From the lowest stone to the best stones with their respective color are Alpha (Gold), Beta (Silver), Gamma (Blue), Delta (Green), and Epsilon (Purple).

Each type of stone will have a recommendation of what types of equipment to use it on. You can always use any stone on a lower tier item, or try your luck with a higher one!
Was honestly hoping we wouldn't get this part. Allegedly, enchanting has become much more difficult.
Though, that's probably a good thing with the new Amplification system. Whatever. The real juice is in the manastone update. Should have been like that on launch, so that's enough for me.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Elyos

So... What about that stack of gray L130 stones that I have in my warehouse?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Asmodians

I'm sure they'll vendor for a nice 1k kinah per.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:50 PM
Asmodians

So is the enchantment stone thing being capped at a certain success rate per grade then? As in instead of 40 levels above = 80%, 1 grade above = 80% and a random 60-80% otherwise for using the suggested grade of stone?

Some clarification would be nice.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post
In the updated system coming soon, if the socketing fails, only the manastone being used to socket will be destroyed. All successfully socketed manastones will no longer be affected!
NEW

yay!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Asmodians

Hime,can you tell us what will happen to our current stones? For example, i have many L101-l119 stones which are purple, so will all my stones be automatically changed into Epsilon (Purple) or stay l101-l119? because I don't wanna save my l119 stone if it will be worth for 10m each which is l101 price.

How bout l120-l130 too

Last edited by Randomly - Siel; 01-22-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delessa - Tiamat View Post
So is the enchantment stone thing being capped at a certain success rate per grade then? As in instead of 40 levels above = 80%, 1 grade above = 80% and a random 60-80% otherwise for using the suggested grade of stone?

Some clarification would be nice.
This was never clarified by NC in the first place. Players tested and figured out the success rate. Don't hold your breath on them telling you what will work best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomly - Siel View Post
Hime,can you tell us what will happen to our current stones? For example, i have many L101-l119 stones which are purple, so will all my stones be automatically changed into Epsilon (Purple) or stay l101-l119? because I don't wanna save my l119 stone if it will be worth for 10m each which is l101 price.

How bout l120-l130 too
Nothing happpens to them. They'll stay as they are and (likely) retain the same success/fail rates as before.

Keep an eye out. If what they say about the success rate of these new stones is true, the price for those older stones will most definitely go up.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Asmodians

Just be clear, I'd need to use Amplification items if i want to +14 my 0/13 DR weapon or will all weapons change be 0/15?