Old 02-22-2015, 03:08 AM
Asmodians
Default Is Crafting Useful Yet?

The main issue I've had with Aion for the longest time, which turned me away from playing, was the fact that crafted items were unbalanced and just plain useless. I am making another post asking if this is still the case? It always seemed like that weapons and armor you could acquire through special currency through quests always trumped the equipment you could make yourself, and they were no way useful for pvp or pve as well.

So let me know if crafting, except alchemy, is still as useless as it was a year or so ago.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2015, 03:25 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Is Crafting Useful Yet?

Unless you're master, crafting is pretty much useless. (except cooking or alchemy)

As a master:
- tailoring: skins and godstones
- armorsmithing: skins
- weaponsmithing + handicrafting: nice mythic or extendable weapons, but the cost is so high it's not worthy, unless you have billions to spend; some accessories in handicrafting might be worthy, but I don't know which ones

Last edited by Zkaza - Siel; 02-22-2015 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:37 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienar - Kahrun View Post
Unless you're master, crafting is pretty much useless. (except cooking or alchemy)

As a master:
- tailoring: skins and godstones
- armorsmithing: skins
- weaponsmithing + handicrafting: nice mythic or extendable weapons, but the cost is so high it's not worthy, unless you have billions to spend; some accessories in handicrafting might be worthy, but I don't know which ones
Seems Aion is still, yet again, a major let down. Thanks for letting me know, man.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Asmodians

I think that "major let down" it's a it too much based only on crafting...AION has much more to offer...it's not game based on crafting...You might want to try Archeage if you want economy based on crafting.

But it's not fair to call a game a major let down based just on this small fraction of game content, just saying.
Just because it does not suit your taste it does not mean it's a bad game

Also add mythic belts on tailoring. I heard they sell well.

Last edited by Lilitrix - Siel; 02-22-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:13 AM
Elyos

I have a Master Tailor and the godstones you can craft are mostly crap. It takes very little time to reach master, but it does require a fair kinah investment, I have 3 masters and 5 experts and working toward a 4th master now. These masters help me out but they are no way game breaking in my opinion.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Asmodians

Cooking: Can craft Balic food which can make a nice profit
Alchemy: Just get 499p to craft your own Fine potions and Greater scrolls. 500p stuffs are too expensive to make and not needed anyways
Handicrafting: Can craft a good mount (Airspike), can craft cera medals, can craft Mythic accessories (Ring/Earring/Necklace) but takes extreme lots of efforts to make them (I took many months to get my full set). Imagine doing Siel set quest 10x. But they have the best MR (for PvP) and attack and hp stats (for PvE) in the game.
<Xxiiliea> - Lvl 65 Ranger - Elyos, Tiamat
Hiatus from Aion at the moment.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilitrix - Siel View Post
I think that "major let down" it's a it too much based only on crafting...AION has much more to offer...

But it's not fair to call a game a major let down based just on this small fraction of game content, just saying.
Just because it does not suit your taste it does not mean it's a bad game
I get what you're saying, and I agree. However, for whatever reason, for some people out there, crafting makes or breaks games for them, and if a MMO is lacking in the crafting department, they see the entire game in the way this guy does.

I find it dull running around gathering materials, standing around in the craft room, and camping the broker with your crafted goods. To me, its just side content that I avoid as much as possible, and I'd be saying pretty much what this guy is if crafting was TOO IMPORTANT.
IS Elyos - Tannen - 65 Gun, Crystalize - 65 SW, Chrysaora - 65 Sorc, CumulusStormeye - 65 Temp
Old 02-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Asmodians

I'm not totally sure about this, but i think even mythical crafted gear is very good instead of mythics from instances. The difference is that crafting requires proc rng and instances drop RNG, both require time-sink, craft takes time to grind mats and instances have cooldowns. Some ppl get full set from instances in few months because of bad RNG. They might had some crafted parts by that time actually.

It's just that crafting requires more constant time to waste in it, so ppl prefer to wait for instance reset and be lucky and do anything else in between.

But you must have huge patience and lot of time on your hands to craft something like this. It's frustrating for real. Since you might have horrible RNG in procs...and makes the huge amount of time wasted so frustrating.

But i do agree they could make something about crafting more easier. The fact that you almost never see crafted mythical on market should make NCSoft wonder if it's ok to leave this part of the game so dead.

Last edited by Lilitrix - Siel; 02-24-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Elyos

We should be used to being let down by ncsoft by now but i keep coming back for more punishment lol it must be the eye candy. This game in its early stages had a balanced economy and cool crafting system. harvesting while fighting mobs open world to net some extra profit took the edge off the grind. for as much of a pain in the neck as it was crafting yielded rewards worth the time and effort. I feel playing mmo's any more that its like the no child left behind act. one retard brings down the whole class. you kids who wanna troll tykune and call his passion for crafting "TOO IMPORTANT" or say "its no fair to say it ruins the game" for him, truth is you people are SCARED of this type of a system cuz when its not broken guys like him and I rule the financial sector and our gear rocks. we are invited to all the cool server functions and run with the elite. Today We live in a world where people want instant gratification with little or no effort put in.. they put the mechanics in and render them useless.. just go farm ancient coins and sell them on the broker 50k each and buy a hyperion mythic lvl 65 weapon and armor set much easier than applying your self?.. >=) not really but you also lose bragging rites
Old 03-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Asmodians

"Is Crafting useful yet?"

Short answer: No. Alch can make you a bit of money, but the time wasted here gathering/the act of crafting itself will yield a loss compared to just plain farming.

Long Rant:

The odds that anything will be done with the crafting system are slim to none. Aion is one of the few MMO's that essentially forces you to group to achieve anything noteworthy. Crafting is a solo activity. Everything in this game that results from solo activities typically sucks.

I'm a 520P Master tailor. I have a Master Alchemist,Master Handicrafter, and Master Cook as well. I can say I've made substantial profit from Tailoring, however this is simply for skins. (The really annoying ones to make...) The gear out of tailoring fails to hold up on any level. Stats wise it's just rubbish when you compare it to instance and even coin gear. (Which is, by far, easier to obtain.) Take the Balic pvp crafted set, Triple proc (Or 4 proc if you want an extra .2% Lawl) It has no where near the stats of officer gear. In fact, it's barely a step above blood mark gear. The items needed to craft this set are foolish. (Seriously, you need crap that only drops out of instances? When they first were released none of those items were tradable either. Give me a break.) The only and I mean only crafted gear that's really worth anything are the weapons. And considering what it takes to create them they should be close to the best items in the game. But sadly this is not the case. So even the weapons, which can be a nightmare to craft, are still second rate.

I'm not saying make crafted stuff the best in the game. I'm saying make it comparable to the best stuff in the game. The crafting system is already painful enough, at least have some sort of worthy reward for it.

As for the too important line, it's not a matter of that. Crafting/Instance/PVP Gear should be running in parallels. Instead of how it is currently, where it's all spat out of EB and the crafting gear is just a joke with pretty skins.