Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Asmodians
Default Marbled Crestlich Meat?

I got to master cook last week and have been slowly buying all of the fabled food recipes from the broker as I've seen them. I bought the Crestlich Herb Dumpling recipe and after looking at it and doing a quick internet search I'm pretty confused.

Is there some way to get the Marbled Crestlich Meat required for it when you only have a level 65 character? I can't find any information about 4.7 mobs dropping the meat, it's only listed as dropped from level 51 crestliches in Ing/Gelk and therefore it's super expensive on the broker.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Marbled Crestlich Meat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylenall - Siel View Post
I got to master cook last week and have been slowly buying all of the fabled food recipes from the broker as I've seen them. I bought the Crestlich Herb Dumpling recipe and after looking at it and doing a quick internet search I'm pretty confused.

Is there some way to get the Marbled Crestlich Meat required for it when you only have a level 65 character? I can't find any information about 4.7 mobs dropping the meat, it's only listed as dropped from level 51 crestliches in Ing/Gelk and therefore it's super expensive on the broker.
I use aiondatabase.com.

Looking at it the mob that drops it is called "Thorny Cellatu", and it is found in Gelkmaros, roughly North West around that swamp area, and the mob is level 55.

I had the same problem, but with Calydon Meat.

Here is what I did:

1 - Created a SongWeaver on my other account
2 - Got her to level 10
3 - Ported her to the region and put her on follow
4 - Now for this I use an auto-loot pet so it does not slow me down and:

- make her leader
- make drops go to leader
- I squad and mentor her
- she's on follow
- her loot pet picks up everything

I decided on a Songweaver because she can revamp my mana for me. She's level 31 now but I still drag her behind me to farm this meat, since I kill faster.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Asmodians

That does help, and I appreciate the response. Also a great idea about another character of lower level to mentor.

I'm still confused where you found the information, though? I went to the site you suggested and entered Marbled Crestlich Meat and it's only listed as dropping from level 51 and 52 Rotting Crestlich. I looked up the loot table for the Thorny Cellatu and it's not listed there, although Marbled Cellatu Meat is.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Asmodians

I think he misread it. It doesn't make any sense for Crestlich meat to drop from Cellatu; they're 2 different creatures. And yes I got many Marbled Crestlich Meat from Rotting Crestlichs in ing/gelk when I was questing there.
<Xxiiliea> - Lvl 65 Ranger - Elyos, Tiamat
Hiatus from Aion at the moment.