Old 04-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Asmodians
Default Repeat quest, coin rewards?

my problem with repeat quests is, Say i have my sorc which is level 33. I would waste SO MUCH TIME. Doing bad silver coin quest repeats, that i would never level since the mobs for the repeat are like the darus in morheim, at least thats the last repeat ive seen since....

or say your lower level ok, you do a bunch and get a bunch of bronze coins you cannot even see what you can get until you have the X amount of coins or w.e it is, how do i know whats worth getting? some NPC's Say you come back with 8 coins i have weapons for sorc/spiritmaster ranger assassin ..... does that mean they dont got swords for temps/glads? shields? like i just dont get it i guess maybe its just me. . . . . I know u can go kill 300 daru and come back with 30 coins, click i got 8 coins n choose have i done it? no... No exp, and the loot by the time im done doing that will be not worth the time spent.

and plus. For silver coins. you cannot get half as good of gear as you can when u start doing the ones for plat coins im sure, or theyre wouldnt be diff level coins(granted these are end game repeats but..... thats what we need since levels 1-40 u switch gear like every5-6-7 levels :P so im gonna waste hours of my life days even, grinding darus/worgs/ to get a jewel i could get off broker? I can make the differenence in kinah doing 3 ft runs lol ....

it just gets sickening i think Because people do FT runs for hours n hours n hours n hours n hours n then finally see a gold drop for a class theyre not with or get a silence stone and thats it. . . Like me i saw 1 gold drop since ive ever done ft. and ive done over 50 runs already on my sorc(since 29) and my ranger hes 36(also from 29) prbably over 200 runs. Ive seen1 gold drop and you know what it was? A dagger that we all rolled on and i lost :( Other than dont get me wrong...... As a sorci loved it because A>: kroms necklace is sexy for level 35.
B: it was good exp for a few levels and starting at 8pm tonight it will be good exp again. But the problem is as stated. The lack of Gold drops, as that is the best instance that has the best drops and it honestly has a terrible ratio. You cannot guarentee that if you do see a gold dorp after about 200 runs. that it will even be for you, i cannot believe i see people like a decked out sorc at level 38 with krom tome and jewel like.. HOW DO YOU DO THAT?" I m about to just start inviting 4SM's with the loot increase spell or w.e it is and 1 cleric and see what we get.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Repeat quest, coin rewards?

i got about 1/3 through this wall of text before stopping

1. repeat quests are there for items, not xp. if you've outlvled them, then the item rewards probably arent even useable, move on

2. the only repeats you will do 150+ times are at 45+

3. we've all done run after run in FT only to see nothing. that place favors the lucky. its like rolling dice and only winning if you get double 6's

just wait till u get 50 and do 3-4 hour DP runs for weeks at a time and get nothing for urself
Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Asmodians

The rewards from those quests are BoE, so they're sellable, at least. The most efficient way to do those quests, in my opinion, would be with a full group fanning out around the area taking out the mobs - 3-6 kills per person and you've completed one round. It can be quick and easy to do at the appropriate level for the gear, but you'd probably need a legion or dedicated group to get enough coins to make farming anything under level 40 gear worth the effort.
That being said, I haven't started on gold coins yet, so if I'm wrong about those or higher coin quests, feel free to correct me.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Asmodians

On 2.0 you will have the choice of purchasing equipment of your choice directly with your coins (will be more expensive to do that than gamble your way with the current method), plus they'll be adding some more equipment of better quality to be acquired with coins (lower level ranges I'm looking at you).

Regarding coin quests, isn't there a new one at every 5 levels or something around that?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infestation - Azphel View Post
my problem with repeat quests is, Say i have my sorc which is level 33. I would waste SO MUCH TIME. Doing bad silver coin quest repeats, that i would never level since the mobs for the repeat are like the darus in morheim, at least thats the last repeat ive seen since....

or say your lower level ok, you do a bunch and get a bunch of bronze coins you cannot even see what you can get until you have the X amount of coins or w.e it is, how do i know whats worth getting? some NPC's Say you come back with 8 coins i have weapons for sorc/spiritmaster ranger assassin ..... does that mean they dont got swords for temps/glads? shields? like i just dont get it i guess maybe its just me. . . . . I know u can go kill 300 daru and come back with 30 coins, click i got 8 coins n choose have i done it? no... No exp, and the loot by the time im done doing that will be not worth the time spent.

and plus. For silver coins. you cannot get half as good of gear as you can when u start doing the ones for plat coins im sure, or theyre wouldnt be diff level coins(granted these are end game repeats but..... thats what we need since levels 1-40 u switch gear like every5-6-7 levels :P so im gonna waste hours of my life days even, grinding darus/worgs/ to get a jewel i could get off broker? I can make the differenence in kinah doing 3 ft runs lol ....

it just gets sickening i think Because people do FT runs for hours n hours n hours n hours n hours n then finally see a gold drop for a class theyre not with or get a silence stone and thats it. . . Like me i saw 1 gold drop since ive ever done ft. and ive done over 50 runs already on my sorc(since 29) and my ranger hes 36(also from 29) prbably over 200 runs. Ive seen1 gold drop and you know what it was? A dagger that we all rolled on and i lost :( Other than dont get me wrong...... As a sorci loved it because A>: kroms necklace is sexy for level 35.
B: it was good exp for a few levels and starting at 8pm tonight it will be good exp again. But the problem is as stated. The lack of Gold drops, as that is the best instance that has the best drops and it honestly has a terrible ratio. You cannot guarentee that if you do see a gold dorp after about 200 runs. that it will even be for you, i cannot believe i see people like a decked out sorc at level 38 with krom tome and jewel like.. HOW DO YOU DO THAT?" I m about to just start inviting 4SM's with the loot increase spell or w.e it is and 1 cleric and see what we get.
Stop doing instances, rift until you have your lvl30 gold pvp gear, enchant it and move on.

If you don't want to go down that road then you have to take your chances with the rng. (thats what I have done and its not very pretty)