Old 10-11-2015, 12:25 AM
Asmodians
Default Aion Assassin Gear And Stat Information Guide - Plume Patch 5.0

Aion Assassin Gear And Stat Information Guide

THIS IS OUTDATED; IT WILL REMAIN SO UNTIL WE GET A FORUM UPDATE

Welcome to the secondary 5.0 update. Alongside what was already here the guide will also begin to reflect what we have learned in game and comment on the imminent 'shift' in gearing focus.

TL:DR 5.0 BREAKDOWN

1. Get an Archdaeva main hand
2. Precision 7 that nyerk
3. Kill world bosses
4. Get extendables
5. ???
6. Infinite booty

Preface

Aion is a complex but well researched game; whatever question you have, there is an answer with your context in mind. I am here to share what I know as a way to rid the forums of needless questions and to breed the ultimate Assassins. A lot of this will be advanced 'general' knowledge, as the quirks of the class aren't all that diverse, but none the less have unprecedented detail in some areas.

I take everything people say into consideration, but I might test your commitment before reflecting it. I feel I should express the notion that my personal opinion is that of a geared player with high ping.

Fair warning, you are about to get in rather deep. I advise using the CTRL-F search or Browser search function to find what you are looking for.

http://i.imgur.com/1vuQXU1.png

You will need to have a working base knowledge of the game and skills to be able to make full use of everything covered. I recommend familiarising yourself with http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/gearcalc, to better your understanding of gear and stats as well as an insight into what stats other classes might be capable of.
Introduction
Hello. It is I, denizen of the guide and citzen of Siel - Asmo. I aim to continue updating this thread throughout my Aion Assassin career.

Who am I? Am I qualified?
I am Soryu/Unprecedented and I have been playing Aion solidly for 5 years. After I quit WoW I filled the void with Aion, and since then it has become something I even dream about at night. I enjoy math, and I apply it to everything it can be applied to. My brain ticks well with numbers, and as a result quantifying things for me is just fun. I value personal challenge, and the more unique the better. These along with a "min-max" mindset drives me to attain my own form of perfection when I play games, and I am here to share that.

http://imgur.com/oisaTMb

I may not be the most qualified, but I am open to corrections and suggestions. If, by happenstance while cruising the forums you come across a post by the following, you should definitely take their opinion into account despite my own; they are all a worthy fount of knowledge.
LegendaryTzu
Delessa
Aethyria
Chiisaichan
Mildseven
Rheeza
Steel
GIint
Feels/Feel
Vinley
Venturo
This guide aims to make the forum a place reserved for nyerktalking and build-vs-meta discussion. In all forms I hope it answers every question before it is asked.

Will this guide do that?
No, but as we as human beings learn quickly, what this guide can't answer you will quickly learn by yourself.
Terms:
Jump/Leap Cast: Moving during a skill that cannot be used while moving by timing a jump right after using the skill
Jump Anim Cancel: Using the jump recovering animation to cancel skill use animations by timing the skill right as you land from jumping
Weave: An Autoattack that is animation cancelled by using a skill or command.
AAC: An autoattack that used during a skill animation.
Bury: Applying 2 or more debuffs to an enemy to ensure a later buff cannot be removed by GHP.

Contextual skill and stat abbreviations are used throughout. SB in one sentence can mean something different in another.

Manastone Stat Wealth:
This update was long overdue, but it still needs more

In this section we will go over manastones and what I call their AE score. The Attack Equivalent score is essentially what a manastone is worth if it was only Attack, and it breaks down like this;

So level 70 green manastones (in this example) Crit Strike and Attack are 19 and 6 respectively, meaning 19 Crit Strike is worth 6 Attack as far as manastones go. Therefore 19 Crit Strike = 6 Attack, and 3.166 Crit = 1 Attack. If we continue to break down each manastone we get something like this:
Level 70 Green: 1 Atk: 4.833 Acc/Blk/Pry: 3.166 Crt/Eva: 2.666 MagRes/Acc: 16.666 HP
Using these numbers we can effectively weigh all items and stats against their most commonly available increase: manastones. With this knowledge it will allow us to better maximise our stats. Let's continue by applying these weights to every important composite and ancient manastone that is currently in the game, as well applying a similar logic to the 5.0 Archdaeva manastones coming in due time.

Attack Manastone : AE Score
5 : 4.166
6 : 6
7 : 7
8 : 8
5+13Acc : 7.689
5+7Crt : 7.210
5+8Crt : 7.526
5+6Mag : 7.250
5+7Mag : 7.631
5+42HP : 7.520
5+47HP : 7.820
6+14Acc : 8.896
6+9Crt : 8.842
6+8Mag : 9.007
6+50HP : 9.000
Crit Strike Manastone : AE Score
20 : 6.317
24 : 7.58
17+13Acc : 8.059
17+2Atk : 7.369
17+7Mag : 7.995
17+47HP : 8.190
19+14Acc : 8.89
19+2Atk : 8.001
19+8Mag : 9.002
19+50HP : 9.001
Accuracy Ancients: AE Score
31 : 6.414
33 : 6.828
35 : 7.241
In 5.0 Archdaeva manastones increase your base attributes, which in turn raise your stats.

1 Archdaeva Power is worth 1.5 Attack and 3.77 Physical Defense.
1 Archdaeva Precision is equal to 5.64 Accuracy, 3.76 Crit Strike and 3.38 Magical Accuracy, thus is worth 3.625 AE.
1 Archdaeva Health is equal to 22.82 Health and 5.64 Block, this is worth 2.536 AE
1 Archdaeva Agility is worth 5.64 Parry, 3.76 Evasion and 2.44 Strike Resist. This one requires Ancient Manastone statweights, which I haven't done yet.
1 Archdaeva Knowledge is worth 6.02 Magic Boost, 2.26 Crit Spell and 3 Magic Suppression. Ancient Stat weights..
1 Archdaeva Will is equal to 24.52 Mana, 3.38 Magic Resist and 2.26 Spell Resist. Again, Ancient Stat weights.

Archdaeva Primary Manastones drop in instances and the open world up to +3, and all of them are able to be morphed up to a max of +10, resulting in a manstone worth 4 or 5 times as much as the best composites available.

INFO

Info tab has your equipped gear, base attributes and stats sub-tabs.
Attributes
This displays your base stats in white. These stats differ between classes, most notable is that Assassins receive a small bonus to Attack (around 10%). Using the essence system and primary manastones you are able to increase your base stats which then appears in green. Note that these increases do not affect the aspects of your character that were previously altered by a difference in base stats (Increasing Power will not increase the trickle down bonus attack, Increasing Knowledge will not increase MB effectiveness for Sorcs, etc).
Stat Tab 1 - Physical Off Stats
As an Assassin, our Accuracy and Crit Strike are taken only from our main hand profile stats, meaning that when gearing up, only mainhand Crit and Acc have an effect on whether or not you Crit or Hit. Skill damage at the moment is very iffy, as we have come across more than one way that is accurate to some extent in calculating bonus skill damage. Outside of major overall increases to your Mainhand Base, your greatest increase in skill damage seems to come from a more powerful offhand.

Attack: This is your effective, relative damage output before PVP reductions. Outside of increasing base damage which we outlined above, you can increase this with Manastones, Armour supplementary stats and some titles. Hovering over you can see two numbers. Base (White) and Bonus (Green). Green attack is additive to your swing damage before any reductions, where as White attack increases both skill base damage as well as overall swing damage.

Here is an example of how peculiar the Attack stats interact.
http://i.imgur.com/MBcpchT.jpg
This example indicates that either only Weapon Base is factored into Skill Damage, or that Enchantment Bonus AND Supplementary Attack is taken. Regardless, an EB weapon will provide a greater bonus in the Mainhand in comparison to a Hyperion weapon for Skill Damage due to how these stats interact. Due note that despite this difference, in this case the Hyperion weapon will still have harder hitting skills because of it's manastones and enchantments.

Is increasing WHITE or GREEN attack better?
WHITE or Base attack affects both your swing damage as well as your skill damage, where as GREEN attack, i.e. manastones and titles only function as normal. As such it is more beneficial to increase WHITE/Base attack.

Accuracy: Whether or not you hit is a 4 Roll check.
1. Are you skill blind?
-> Yes - Varies. See Quote.
2. You Accuracy vs Their Block (Accuracy-Block)/10=Block chance
3. You Accuracy vs Their Parry (Accuracy-parry)/10=Parry chance
4. You Accuracy vs Their Evasion (Accuracy-Evasion)/10=Evade chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyria - Siel View Post
6. Not all blinds are created equal. Sandstorm trap 50%. GS blind is 60%. Sin blind is 80%. Cleric blind is 90%. Shimmerbomb is 100%
Each of these rolls are independent.

Do any of these chances cap?
Yes. I know for fact that Block is a 50% chance cap, and while I think Evasion is 30% and Parry is 40%, I may be wrong/this may have changed. Only your Main Hand Accuracy matters, as both your skills and both use auto attacks roll using the Main Hand Accuracy.
How much Accuracy do I need?
Your Accuracy requirements will change depending on your PVP preferences, but typically you can get by without much bonus Accuracy so long as you socket Oath of Accuracy.

In PVE in 4.X, 3.1k Accuracy will typically suit all your needs, though a little more is required to 100% cap against an odd parry against Pashid, Beritra, Terra Crusher etc.

5.0 your accuracy requirements change depending on your preffered content, but the world bosses that drop the extendables require ~4k Accuracy.

So far in PvP I haven't needed any bonus Accuracy.

Crit Strike: Your chance to critically hit. A Dagger and a Sword will crit for the roughly the same amount of damage given that they are equal weapons, this is due to to Daggers having a higher critical modifier and Swords having greater damage.

Which is better?
Even from a min-max point of view neither is better as a mainhand weapon, I think it's in the offhand choice where it is you pick up bonuses depending on that choice. Mainhand Swords will contribute more damage to skills, but mainhand daggers will provide more Crit Strike.

Your chance to critically hit is a simple one roll check.
1. Your Crit Strike vs Their Strike Resist (Crit Strike-Strike Resist)/10=Crit chance The Critical Strike Chance cap is 50%, and it's stat worth is fortunately very simple. Crit Strike is the #1 Stat Priority for Assassins in PvP and PVE. It's stat wealth diminishes the closer you get to 50%, but is still typically worth many times more than Attack.

How much Crit Strike do I need?
To deal with regular players, 1050 will likely be enough to cap. To deal with geared targets with enemy chanter mantras, you are going to want at least 1150 Crit. If you aren't sacrificing much, aim for 1200.

For PvE ~1200 Self buffed will cover the most difficult of content, while a little less is required for IS and DR. For 5.0 content I am not entirely sure, but the Koreans run around with typically 1.4-1.5k Crit self buffed.

You can critically hit on Parry and Blocks and the bonus critical is applied after defensive stats.

Atk Speed: Your Auto Attack Swing Cooldown. Your % based Attack Speed bonuses also reduce Skill Animation time by an equal amount. Maximising Attack Speed will come naturally with gear and caps at 50% bonus attack speed.

What is the most Attack Speed we can get solo?
9% From Scroll
8% On Gloves
3% On Title (4% BCM)
19% On Weapon
20% With Flurry

Candies can provide extra boosts, typically 3 or 4%, totalling ~43% bonus attack speed without the use of skills.

Speed: Your Movement Speed in Meters/Second (1m:3.2ft/s). It can be increased and decreased as both % based and Flat based. Movement speed caps at 12.0m/s while on foot, and 16.0m/s in the air.

What is the most Movement Speed we can get solo?
30% From Scroll
22% On Boots
5% On Title
20% While Sprinting
5% From Prestige (BCM)

Again, candies can provide extra boosts (3/4%), totalling ~60% (65%) without the use of skills.
Stat Tab 2 - Physical Defensive Stats
Physical Def: Decreases each strike by a flat amount of damage on a ratio of 10:1. It is applied before PvP defence and will begin to come into our kits more naturally with 5.0 Creative Points and Archdaeva stones.
Block: It is not possible for Assassins to block.
Parry: Assassins do not benefit enough from Parry in comparison to Evasion.
Evasion: Evasion is rolled against your Enemy's Accuracy. In 5.0, Accuracy is a byproduct of getting Crit Strike, meaning stacking Evasion to an effective level has become rather inefficient.

Strike Resist: Gained via Accessories, Manastones, Armour/Enchanting and Archdaeva Agility. It is rolled against your Enemy's Crit Strike to calculate their Crit Chance on you. Very geared players can make use of extra Agility to stack higher SR without sacrificing much, turning it into a very effective stat early in the expansion.

Strike Fortitude: Reduces the damage you take from Critical Strikes. If you come across this stat, yay for you, but overall it is simply 'there' on the items we use.

Stat Tab 3 - Magical Off Stats
Magic Boost: Magic Boost no longer affects our runes to any major degree, and is thus useless. It increases Magical Damage by 10:1% and is offset by Magical Suppression.
Magical Accuracy: Rolls against your Enemy's Magical Resist stat. This is a very important stat for Assassins, as it determines whether or not our Rune Bursts/Effects land their Debuffs. If your Ambush fails to stun the target, it is a result of this check.

Magical Accuracy is a 2 roll check:
1. Your Penetration vs Their Resistance (Penetration-Resistance)/10=Skill Land
2. Your Magical Accuracy vs Their Magical Resist (Mag Accuracy-Mag Resist)/10=Resist Chance

The second roll caps at 50%. Each of these rolls are independent

"Shock" Resistance is native on some classes, and is applied as a buff in many cases. The Unwavering Devotion buff from Plate users will not be reliably penetrated without Buff assistance.

How much Magical Accuracy do I need?
In 4.9, players with Abyssal PvP armour have ~1800 Magical Resistance, meaning the base MA we get on even 65 Mythic weapons IS NOT ENOUGH, and as such they would cap against us. Archdaeva geared player's get a massive boost to MA from pursuing Precision, thus becoming a natural part of our kit and nullifying a need to 'spec' for it.

Internal MA and Penetration Boosts
Back in patch 4.8 all classes received a much needed skill overhaul and rebalance. In this rebalance, many skills were given internal (hidden, undocumented) MA and Penetration boosts in order to balance the classes for future updates.

To clear up any misunderstandings resulting from misread korean translastions;

All Runes received an MA boost to their damage portion(500,1k), only Pain Rune received a boost to it's CC portion (500)

The only other skills to receive MA boosts to debuffs are Shimmerbomb (1k), Blinding Burst (500), Ambush (500) and Blindside (500). Due note that Quickenning Doom, Lightning Slash, Venomous Strike and Massacre have no internal MA boosts whatsoever. You have probably felt this in game.

For 4.9 PvP you should take into consideration these factors, but moving into 5.0 MA checks will slowly but surely become less of a problem, but the same is true for our own MR resists.

Crit Spell: Your chance to critical with one of your Rune Bursts.
Healing Boost: Increases healing on a ratio of 10:1%. I am unsure if this effects Bloodrune/Scoundrel's Bond
Cast Speed: Decreases spell cast time by a percentage. Only affects Massacre, but can make Massacre an effective use of time for DPS if you happen to get a Word of Quickness buff outside of max attack speed.
Stat Tab 4 - Magical Defensive Stats
Magical Defence: Comes from Enchanting armour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delessa - Tiamat View Post
Magical defense functions the exact same as physical defense, at a 10:1 ratio in damage reduction.
Magic Suppression: Offsets enemy Magic Boost on a 1:1 ratio. This is a very effective stat and is worth Itemising for. Prioritising gear with higher Magic Suppression is worth the bonus, but often comes with gearing up naturally. Armour Sets with many Ancient Manastone sockets suit well as MSupp sets to cripple casters.

In the current patch, the magic boost cap is 2900, meaning that at MOST casters can increase their base spell damage by 2.9x AFTER Magic Suppression.

Magic Resist: Rolls against your Enemy's Magical Accuracy (Mag Accuracy-Mag Resist)/10=Resist Chance. Against 4.X geared targets, Magic Resist can be effective against the classes that are stronger against us, but is overall in my opinion less efficient than Magical Accuracy.

As we come into 5.0, Caster's have to spec into Accuracy if they want bonus MA on their Archdaeva gear, meaning wasted potential. I feel as if this will deter many, and cause them to go into Knowledge and Will instead. For Assassins this means our current MR capabilities aren't likely to diminish. They are likely to increase if you use Creative points to spec into Will.

Supposedly the MR cap is 50%, but I am having my doubts. I think it could be higher but skewed due to unknown internal MA boosts on skills.
Which is better, Atk/Crit/MR or Atk/Crit/MA?
This is a build vs meta question. In the current state of Siel (In my experience), I would take Atk/Crit/MR for plebstomping and Atk/Crit/MA for fighting serious players. As most newer players will not be able to maximise the benefits of MR without Abyssal/Mythic gear and also not have great MA on their weapons I feel the extra MR will cripple them and you will have no need for extra MA.

Against serious players, whom will likely have ~1800 MR without any extra, having extra MA will return some of the control you have with Runes and CC.

As we move into 5.0, MR becomes less effective against Physical Classes and more effective against Casters. This is due to Precision giving MA.

Spell Resist: Rolls against your enemy's Crit Spell. Can be acquired on accessories, manastones and Will.
Spell Fortitude: I am assuming it means Spell Critical flat damage reduction similar to Strike Fortitude, but I haven't tested.

Elemental Resist: Literally my absolute favourite stat in the entire game by such a long shot it's not even remotely funny. Reduces Magical Damage by a 100:7.5% ratio which applies BEFORE PvP multipliers.
http://i.imgur.com/WM8YQZC.png
I completely advocate the crafting of the Eternal Level 55 (yes 55) Balic Glasses, as they are the only piece in the entire game worth the slot. I will use this item on my Templar until the day the servers are shut down.
When will MSupp win over the 55 Balics?
It differs between players, as the glasses provide ~5.5% Magical Damage Reduction. To achieve a similar effect on on player with 3900MB against your 1600Msupp you would need a helm that provides ~126Msupp. But against 3900MB with 1000Msupp the helm would need to provide ~160Msupp. In general, the more damage your opponent is going to do to you, the better the glasses become.
Weapons
Assassins can equip Daggers, Swords and Bows.
Daggers: Fast 1 Strike | 100 Crit
Swords: Medium 2 Strike | 50 Crit
Bows: 2h Slow 1 Strike

There is a lot of query on what combo of weapons benefits us most, so I will address that first. First off I will say that a combo only beats another combo in PVP effectiveness based on the weapons themselves and your stats. Even specific encounters have a technically more effective combo, so unless you have many effective weapons to chose from, choosing the setup that weaves most naturally for you will end up being the best.

Dagger Main - Dagger Off : Fastest combo, least strikes (less proc chances)
I use D/D at the moment in my attack/crit set. I think the fast Skill-Weaves suit my style of play better, and in my opinion it suits higher ping players as missing a weave due to packet loss is less taxing. Technically the most effective against Cloth and Squishy targets in general (Low Armour means less effective mitigation on the faster strikes of the daggers (We've covered Armour))

Dagger Main - Sword Off : Second fastest, second least strikes
I use D/S in my MR set, and it is considered as the most effective in PvE. It is a equal balance of Damage and Speed that maximizes the bonuses of the Dagger Mainhand.

Sword Main - Sword Off : Slowest, most strikes
I Personally feel it is a little slow, but also found that people are more likely to Remove Shock during Shadowfall when I used S/S. S/S has the most Style Points (+50), which is one of the most important things, because if you don't look good while doing it, don't do it at all. Best used with Gold Paralyze Godstones to maximise your CC/Kinah investment. Technically the most effective against Plate and into Flat Damage Reflect Effects (Higher Armour means less effective reduction on the higher striking Swords).

Quote:
Size matters
Sword Main - Dagger Off :Third, second
The least tested combo. Highest overall relative Skill Damage output, but a very odd feeling weave speed. I sometimes swap to it when I know a target is missing remove shock and I have all of my burst skills available.

Weapon Tier/Type Combo
There has been a lot of deliberation as to which weapon setup you should chose from your current weapons, most commonly in the early stages of gearing up.

Before we make any assumptions as to how our damage is going to be affected by our opponent in PVP, a 1% increase in PVP damage should increase our outbound damage by at least 1%. In the event that innate pvp defence is something that players directly mitigate or if it is static and we increase our outbound damage only; we still are increasing it by 1%.

Since we cannot foresee our opponents nor predict exactly how our outbound damage is affected, increasing our own Attack linearly with PvP Attack regardless of opposing defences will net the most efficiency.

Thus, through intelligent use of a gear calculator and a Spreadsheet, you can unlock the potential of your character.

Depending on your gearing options, an Archdaeva PvE Mythic might suit as a mainhand for PvP if you have higher tier Primary manastones available. Higher tier Precision stones will allow you to socket Attack in every normal socket, and for those that already have Attack/Crit composites, higher tier Power stones will propel your Green attack forward enough to offset the loss in PvP Attack %.
Armour
From 4.9 enchanting armour provides Base Attack, having worthwhile armour to enchant has become paramount in competing at a respectable level, even more so than Composite Manastoning. Armour enchanting should come after you have enchanted your Weapons to at least 10 to maximise offensive output for cost, as Swords and Daggers receive 2 base per enchant compared to the 1 of armour enchants.

Unless you are doing level Endgame content, any gear with efficient stat wealth is fine. Fenris/Miragents will likely last you until 65 unless you finish a 5 or 6 Manastone slot armour set levelling up. The Renewed Daevanion armour is similar and should last fine until you finish another set.

In PvE at 65 your best early upgrade is the Remodeled Danuar/Ancient Coin set. The conditioning bonuses make them a better option than most others. Although they can only be enchanted to 5, their stat efficiency is good and coupled with decent weapons will suffice for almost all content in the game. Endgame PVE your best option will always be your highest enchanted 6 slot armour, as the base damage from enchantments will typically outweigh any set bonuses (Except possibly Governor sets)

In PvP at 65 your best early upgrade is the Discordant Set, available in Levinshor. With diligence this set can be turned into a very capable Mythic set, which is comparable to the Soldier Rank 1 Shepherds set albeit being more difficult to enchant. It also is conditional-able compared to the augment of Abyss armours, and paying Kinah rather than spending AP might be a contributing factor for some people.

Depending on your rank, your best PvP options will change. It will take 77 EBs to gather the Cera for a Shepherds Set, or 231 EBs for a Special Elite set, both of which are usable at Soldier Rank 1. These sets provide great augment bonuses and will suffice all your PvP needs in most cases.

Moving into 5.0, Ancient Coin gear and their Archdaeva upgrades are going to be your first upgrades and goals from level 61-66, and will likely last you well into the expansion. You will need multiple sets to burn through if you want them to last into endgame however (enchanting poof).
Accessories
Accessories are pretty icons that supply you with the stats they say. They will give you the bulk of your Strike Resist, Magic Suppression and Magic Resist. They are also the most easily accessible PvP Attack. Better Accessories will open your freedom with your build by supplying more Critical Strike and Accuracy, and are obviously worth upgrading, but will overall be replaced in time by Legendary Noble Accessories/IS Mythic Set for PvE, and Augment Accessories for PvP.

Clarion Accessories have less offensive stats overall, but depending on the skill boost it may net an effective increase.
http://i.imgur.com/GKmQmMP.png
These are the 3 widely available 4.X PvP Accessory Sets (Including Hat, not including Wings) and their bonuses, as well as their stat deficits in comparison to each other. As we can see, while the PVP attack difference is not massive, the Attack and Crit Strike bonuses are. 83 Crit Strike opens up your build potential massively.

It is important to note that the Augment Hat provides Godstone Suppression stats that is exclusive to this piece in the set and that it also provides a unique Accuracy bonus in the head slot.

It should be noted that, unlike armour and weapons, having your Accessories go poof while tempering in 5.0 will be a huge economic setback, and as a result many Koreans still use the Augment Accessories for PvP because of this.

SUBJECT TO EDITING. CURRENT VERSION 1.51 08/09/2016

Last edited by Mempo -; 05-09-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:27 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Aion Assassin Gear And Stat Information Guide

Essence - Creative Points
By clicking the BLUE diamond on your experience bar (66+) you are able to spend your earnt essence to increase your Attributes. This little blue diamond is now your life. You must get to the blue diamond, and when it moves, get to it again. Welcome to 5.0.

The rate at which you gain stats per point is the same as the Archdaeva manastones, and can be calculated HERE for convenience if you are not in game.

Where should I spend my Essence?
This depends on many factors I think. For most players Precision will likely be primary choice, as newer boss mobs have up to 1k Strike Resist. With the extra points Power is the obvious option, and will help with the high physical defence random mob spaws.

Ensure that you use your available skill upgrades; their boosts are massive for a single point.

Since we are getting more essence than previous patches, you should be able to fully flesh out your character by filling stat gaps with your essence.
Archdaeva Transforms
The new Archdaeva transforms cost 5 Essence, and last 15 seconds without any extra investment. They all come with a secondary chain skill, available at any time during the skill's uptime.
Windfall/Mercurial Blast
Functions similarly to Breakaway except has greater Immobalize and Speed Reduction resist. The kicker is it's 1m attack range increase and attacker slow ability. For those with higher ping, an extra 1m attack range can be a godsend. Mercurial Blast functions as a secondary Flash of Speed without the Slow remove.

Of the 4 it is the most situational, but is very effective in it's role when chasing enemies.
Incinerate/Detonate
All attacks will deal 540 bonus damage to your target and any surrounding enemies. Anyone attacking you (so long as you aren't in Aetherhold) will also take 1500 (unmitigated) damage. Essentially a perfect Lethal Venom + Wintry Armour. Detonate swaps your position to where you began Incinerate, deals damage at your original position and heals you.

Incinerate is my primary option in Solo/Duo PvP. Popping Incinerate will ensure you will be left alone to take down enemy casters, as well helping to melt your target.
Hydropulse/Waterbind
Every time you take damage from any source, you will recover 200 HP, and has a chance to remove your most recent debuff. Waterbind immobalizes all enemies with 15m for 14s.

This is our premiere caster counter. Sorcs that misuse their teleport will be left to the mercy of a massive soft CC, and SMs entire kits are left at the mercy of RNG
Terraskin/Terraform
You aren't likely to die during Terraskin, and it serves as a damage detterant similar to Incinerate. It's use is very simple, is the least situational of the 4.

Terraform clears all active debuffs on your character. Simple stuff. Stops dots from killing you when Terraskin ends. I'm not sure if Terraform can be used while hard CC'd, if it can that would be great.
STIGMA
Stigmas in 5.0 are still rather loose, but the changing availability of some stats should affect your choices. Physical characters are going to slowly gain MA and Accuracy, while Caster classes will have more MB to offset our Msup.

My personal setup for PVP at the moment is Resginet:QD-LS/BA-SF/RK/Situational
http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/eBDEJNZ65
I get bored quickly and swap stigmas very often. This setup is versatile and capable, throwing some lesser known combos in with the staples to cover a wider variety of offensive options. I'm endgame Atk/Crit/MR, and this build augments it's defensive strengths well. Depending on how I'm feeling I swap around with the last stigma, but mostly I go with Searching or Venomous.

The general consensus on the most effective overall build is:
http://i.imgur.com/PKN7DMp.png
This build maximises the Assassins defensive options, and given the offensive potential of Sins as it is, balancing the class via Stigmas creates a deadly combo. The open stigma slots are intentionally left blank as they can be filled with any stigma of your choice as it will not majorly affect the effectiveness of the build. This build is going to continue to be effective in 5.0.

I will now proceed to go over every stigma, commenting on their use and my personal opinion.

FINAL STIGMAS

Shimmerbomb: 100% Blinds anything hit for 3 seconds, reduces their MA by 500 and also causes everything hit to deselect their target. Most players will simply reselect you and kite for a moment, so it's helpful in interrupting your opponent's momentum

If timed properly it can be used to cancel opponent casts, but I find it's most useful when breaking AT/Natures Resolve in conjunction with another skill.

Fangdrop: A 21m Ambush that doesn't Stun and anyone targeting you will also deselect. It's damage portion is a magical physical attack, and will count towards breaking AT/NR.

While the monbility granted from having two extra dashes is both fun and effective, the loss of Breakaway and Scoundrel's Bond to pair with Apply Lethal really takes away from the overall potency of Fangdrop.

Resignet Assault: Bursts your current Rune level and then Carves a level 2 Rune, useable at 10m. My favourite of the 3, as when combined with Rune Knife or Massacre it allows you to carve Runes from Range.

Note that the SECOND strike which carves the Runes is based on the Physical Crit table, and the two strikes combined crit can deal an alright amount of damage. The following notes apply to the second strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisaichan - Siel View Post
I just did some testing.
Resignet Assault is affected by atk (weapon atk, bonus atk and manastone atk) as well as all %atk buffs and Killers Eye.

It's physical skill damage is quite weak, about on the same level as sigil strike.
I have confirmed this. The second strike of Resignet is affected similarly to other skills by Attack and Buffs. I am also aware Resignet isn't it's actual name, but I'm not stopping now.
http://i.imgur.com/wtHbuog.png
MAJOR STIGMAS

Scoundrel’s Bond: While flanking you have a 50% chance to deal bonus damage based off of your Base Attack and then heals you for the bonus damage dealt. The damage stacks up quickly, and is affected by Attack Boost skills, allowing us to melt people from behind.

It's healing component is very effective, and so long as you have strong movement skills it will typically net more damage in an encounter than QD.

Quickening Doom: Deals a chunk of damage and Stuns if the target is already poisoned. I prefer to use it to chain use of KE after Binding Rune or for early burst/bury use with Venomous. It has a short CD and considering Poisoning our enemies isn't all that hard, having another on-demand stun in our kits is deadly.

A neat trick is to KE->Binding>QD for 2 good chances of CCing through UD/RS as well as making use of the massive damage bonus on a hard hitting skill.
GREATER STIGMAS
Sensory Boost: Increases Evasion, MR and Strike Resist to levels that make them all effective defensive options for 12 seconds.

I find it's best used to cover an attack rather than a cooldown you can fall back on, however many players will kite to the hills during Sensory less they know for a fact their damage isn't going to be diminished.

Lightning Slash: Decreases your targets MA, MR and Elemental Defences for 15 seconds. This can actually cripple some players, as debuffs to MA are rare, and it also acts in helping our Magical Effects to stick.

I really like Lightning Slash at the moment. It's debuff is strong, and often goes unnoticed, as well as acting as a mini Oath/Sensory on a short CD. Glorious.

Breakaway: Brilliant overall, gives you a moment of freedom to exact your desires. Clears an soft-CC and reduces your chance to be hard CC'd by 50% before opponent offensive modifiers. Best used to extend our return damage phase after we Remove Shock buff.

Against classes options after you GHP, BA is very important. Combined with Calming Whisper it offers reliable CC reduction for it's duration, and good use of BA offers very little counter play.
I don't need both; Breakaway or Sensory Boost?
In 5.0, not needing Breakaway almost locks you into taking Windfall. This isn't a bad thing as it's arguably the most effective of the Archdaeva transforms, but it also means you cannot choose another.

Due to it's ability to clear soft CC, Breakaway is usually the popular option.

Apply Lethal Venom: Has a chance to deal bonus damage on each strike. It has a very long cooldown so it is best reserved for PvE. It can however proc off of a Scoundrels Bond proc, making it a very good skill to stack in situations of prolonged Flanking Exposure.

Agony Rune: A chain skill after your Rune Bursts that deals magical damage. In almost every case you are better off using a different skill after a rune burst rather than Agony Rune. If for some reason you run out of skills to use, it can be an o.k filler, but you will quickly run out of mana.

You shouldn't be using Agony in all honesty.

Dash AND SLASH?!?: Chunk of damage on a gap closer. Will always bring the striker within 1m, so be wary of surrounding mobs in EB/PVE. I like Dash and Slash as it seems to deal roughly the amount of damage needed to break Stoneskin. That kind of 'certainty' I find is very useful. I like to save it for after I use Binding Rune as well to avoid the too far bug and to ensure maximum dps time.

NORMAL STIGMAS

Venomous Strike: A 2min Encircling Strike, useful for burying Blinds/Silences/Slows and possibly to Instant Chain into QD. I find that without Slayer it will be at the mercy of MA/MR Random Number Generation, but shouldn't have any problems if you have Oath of Accuracy up.

Rune Knife: Shares a cooldown with Rune Carve, and is essentially a 20m Rune Carve. I've used it as part of a Resignet Assault build where it allows us to 3-Carve from range (again, ping defying Rune Carves) and found it very useful, especially if you are not going to also socket Sigil Strike. Resginet->Rune Knife->(KE)Binding is a great combo to finish off Enemies that may having been kiting during their Remove Shock.

After duelling Rangers in my free time recently I have come to agree with other Sins that Massacre isn't as efficient as I originally thought. Rune Knife should be used for the purpose range carving against Rangers.

Eye of Wrath: Ensures that your next strike Critically Hits. Considering you should already have a 50% Crit Strike Chance, this Stigma is overall not very efficient. It has an effective stat coefficient of .75% Crit Strike/Cooldown. Very bad.

Oath of Accuracy: Brilliant Stigma. You will reliably land your Rune Bursts and Skill Effects if you use Oath, and also begin to see some reliability when stacked with Slayer on Enemies with bonus Magic Resist. Will also offset much of the bonus Block Templars and Gladiators receive during stances. If you dislike RNG overall, this is very good. Against player's without bonus MR, Killer's Eye and Slayer Form should suffice, but you may still have issues into endgame MR specced classes.

Deadly Abandon: Bonus Green attack based on your Base attack. Super simple stuff.

Shadowfall: You need Shadowfall. Period.

Shadow Walk: You will need Shadow Walk for EB, and I like to have it so I can be a cooldown hero coming out of stealth with 5 buffs up. Useful for finding those pesky players that have Samurai Intuition and will always manage to find you. This gives Assassins enormous fight control as they are not as often going to be caught out of hide. If you manage your Stealth Timers (Hide 2, SW, RS Hide, WW) there shouldn't be any reason you get caught in a fight you didn't want (Geared Templars).

I don't think Assassins need SW in PvP, as the restealth timer on just Hide usually isn't bad enough to warrant needing SW on top.

Searching Strike: Forgo a Weave-Carve combo out of Stealth to strike for a great chunk of damage and also stun. This will typically break Stoneskin and similar shields, allowing you to begin CC chain/Re-engage immediately after engaging. I like Searching Strike. Remove Shock (2s)->RS Hide->Searching Strike. Ultimate unexpected re-engage that is obviously situational. 5 Buff using Hide+SW and then Searching Strike your most hated enemies.

Sigil Strike: Chains from Rune Carve, and is a fast skill, allowing for a very fast Weave-Carve. Also then allows our low cooldown carves to carve up to 5 (Rune Carve Chain + Fang Chain). As far as I was made to believe it was an essential Stigma until 3.0 when we received Massacre, and then slowly began to fall out of fashion. I do not use Sigil Strike as of about 5 days before originally writing this. When I began using Resignet Assault I found no need for Sigil Strike outside of PVE.

ABYSS
Going to start slowing adding encounter tips for each class as I become as better Assassin.

I will use this tab in reference to PvP.

In a typical PvP encounter, you will deal 50% less damage to another player character, and a further 5% if they are a Templar. There are skills that have minor buffs to player PvP defence that isn't quantified, but is also typically an unavoidable aspect of the encounter.

The amount of damage you deal in relation to Normal is calculated PvP Damage = (Normal Damage x ((50% BASE + PvP Attack%)-TARGET PvP DEFENCE%)). PvP Offsets are applied LAST of all calculations when striking, and this is overall one of the most efficient stats.

This guide however is not here to teach you how to use this knowledge. The only way to get stronger in PvP is to expose yourself to as much of it as possible. My math can prepare your stats to be in the best position to succeed, but ultimately whether or not you will is entirely based on how you utilise your skills in relation to your Enemy.

None the less, here are a few tips. Note that almost all of my experience comes from Open World PvP:
1. Judge whether or not you need Killer's Eye. It can be a red flag to your next skill.
2. Try a Weave-Fang Strike when coming out of Stealth. It is free damage that requires but a single keystroke, and can help a lot when breaking Stoneskin and similar shields.
3. Try using Windwalk to kite off an Enemy Remove Shock buff. It's super dirty, but pretty awesome.
4. The Remove Shock Chain Hide can be very effective in both offense and defense.
5. Try utilising Jumping in order to Weave-Skill while chasing.

Individual Classes
Sin
1. Blindside/Blinding Burst will get rid of AT to allow you to Rune Burst. You won't need the mini-stun if you are about to Pain/Binding.
Ranger
1. Weave in Aethertwisting after engaging to avoid their Sleep Arrow
2. Your best chances come with blowing their RS without using Ambush
3. AT>RK>Ambush(RS)>Carve>Bestial>Kite>FE>Flash>Blind/Shimmer>Binding>GG
Gunner
1. Gunner's have no Hard Resists like AT or Natures Resolve, so after their RS buff has run out they are vulnerable.
SM
1. Save Flurry for after they have stripped your immediate buffs.
2. Their RS chain is an instant fear, and you can anticipate this after you Stun them.
Sorcerer
1. Your best chances come with blowing their RS without using your on demand resists
2. Aggro a nearby mob to prevent them from Sleeping you for full durations
SW
Here is a little quote from a SW guide here on the forums;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideki - Siel View Post
BARD VS ASSASSIN
Difficulty: 7/10

The odds of you needing to cast Mtv.4: Winter to win is oh so high. When a sin pops out of hide, THE FIRST THING YOU DO IS USE DANCE OFF. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.
1. Use AT coming out of hide to ensure the SW panics.
2. Like Sorcs, aggro a nearby mob to prevent hard CC lockdown after Sleeps/Dances
Chanter
1. Save on demand CC/Interrupt for cancelling their Recovery Spell
2. Chanters are scary and I don't really know how to fight them
Cleric
1. Kite away from their Noble Energy/Servant summons to severely diminish their potential.
2. Clerics are most vulnerable when they go to try and damage you
AT
1. Robots are scary and I don't know how to fight them.
Templar
1. Many Templars will Doom Lure you the moment they can, and a well timed FE can avoid this.
2. Good Templars will hold UD until after RS. An option is to Signet Silence directly after their RS to allow you to prevent them from healing, or bait the GHP to allow you to blind.
Glad
1. Similar to Templars, try to engage before UD goes up so that you have a chance to Aether Hold with Killers Eye+Binding Rune.
2. Blinding early in the fight to bait GHP will leave them vulnerable to a Silence lockdown allowing you to kill them before Second Wind,

SUBJECT TO EDITING. CURRENT VERSION 1.51 08/09/2016

Assassin Guide - http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2012210
4.9 PvP Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdoVS22rPs

Last edited by Mempo -; 09-17-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Elyos

1. BA is mandatory. I won't comment on rest of your stigmas.
2. D/S is higher DPS than D/D.
3. Based on the length of most fights S/S doesn't necessarily proc the most GS due to attack speed.
4. All classes have the same check order block > parry > evasion.
5. Attack speed caps at 50%. Essentially if you have Flurry on you're going to hit the cap.
6. Not all blinds are created equal. Sandstorm trap 50%. GS blind is 60%. Sin blind is 80%. Cleric blind is 90%. Shimmerbomb value unknown currently.
7. Unless you have a vastly superior sword that has godly crit bonuses and base attack which would outdamage any dagger you could obtain in the foreseeable future (basically I am the only sin NA for whom S/S is the optimal setup), dagger is the better mainhand because the final mainhand crit value is the only one that matters (always 50 higher with a dagger), as well as carrying most of the skill attack weight and attack speed weight.
8. You should still engage hackers from stealth because they are unable to actually target and attack you with anything other than AoE's unless they use eye. They can only see your position/how far away you are to judge when to preemptively defend themselves, which makes opening with Ambush from far away the best way to deal with them.
9. Whirlwind should not be used first especially vs chanter/cleric. Unless you are in a situation where you can probably only get off a single hit (namely ranger, though gunner has been proven to have 50% chance of physical autoattacks), Counterattack should be used first because although it's not a 100% proc, it is among your highest damaging skills so even if it doesn't land it can break a shield and allow you to use Whirlwind.
10. Normal player only have ~350 strike resist. 400~450 for relatively higher end gear and ~500 for super wallet warrior/higher end chanter.
11. You kind of downplay the worth of getting an MS set for sin but it's the only way you're going to beat any legit AT/gunner. Also unlike other classes we have ability to obtain the mythic version of vash set.

Last edited by Aethyria - Siel; 10-11-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:35 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
1. BA is mandatory. I won't comment on rest of your stigmas.

2. D/S is higher DPS than D/D.

7. Unless you have a vastly superior sword that has godly crit bonuses and base attack which would outdamage any dagger you could obtain in the foreseeable future (basically I am the only sin NA for whom S/S is the optimal setup), dagger is the better mainhand because the final mainhand crit value is the only one that matters (always 50 higher with a dagger), as well as carrying most of the skill attack weight and attack speed weight.

9. Whirlwind should not be used first especially vs chanter/cleric.

11. You kind of downplay the worth of getting an MS set for sin but it's the only way you're going to beat any legit AT/gunner.
BA is good. But you are wrong in thinking everyone needs it. Also "the most effective overall build in my opinion is Shimmer:SB:Sensory-Breakaway:OPTIONAL".

A specific D/S might be better than D/D, but overall they all deal about the same DPS. A single ping spike would create more difference.

I disagree.

https://youtu.be/_RFkyh0Leyo?t=2m10s

AT possibly, gunners die quickly.

Last edited by Mempo -; 10-11-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:10 AM
Elyos

There are fights you can't win with your wallet alone.
And that includes any serious fight with a chanter/AT/cleric/sorc/SM/Songweaver/ranger where you don't have both FoS and BA at the ready. That being a vast majority of the classes already, is enough to deem it mandatory.

D/S is always going to do higher damage than D/D, it's been parsed many times. Both skill damage and autos get a significant boost while maintaining the same crit rate and only suffering a negligible drop in attack speed. D/D's sole purpose is as a PvP preference for people who like the speed better.

You need a significantly stronger sword in order to justify losing the speed and crit. Same as D/D, you'll end up suffering DPS loss, but more importantly, inability to chain the same skills as D/S in fixed timeframes which can lead to further DPS loss in PvP.

Counter attack is 80% stun rate. Chanter/cleric has 20% resist physical state including spin, which make counterattack better option because it hits harder on lower CD + they have shields. That guy is talking about magic accuracy on spin, which has nothing to do with physical states. And it's not like you can't chain the other way around with stun to spin.

New data Shimmerbomb 100% rate miss.

Gunner don't die quickly when they have bonus 50% damage reduction and 4k hemo shot you.

Last edited by Aethyria - Siel; 10-11-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:49 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
BA at the ready. . . is enough to deem it mandatory.

D/S is always going to do higher damage than D/D . . .Both skill damage and autos get a significant boost.

You need a significantly stronger sword. . .Same as D/D, you'll end up suffering DPS loss...inability to chain the same skills as D/S in fixed timeframes ... DPS loss in PvP.

Counter attack is 80% stun rate. Chanter/cleric has 20% resist physical state including spin, which make counterattack better option because it hits harder on lower CD + they have shields. That guy is talking about magic accuracy on spin, which has nothing to do with physical states. And it's not like you can't chain the other way around with stun to spin.

Gunner don't die quickly when they have bonus 50% damage reduction and 4k hemo shot you.
The fact you can kill people without using BA means it is not mandatory.

No setup performs any better in PvP than any other outside of very specific areas.

I was getting tired by that point, but none the less it carries weight. If WW is going to be more reliable, then using it first has priority. What if the lesser reliable skill, which in this case is Counter fails to land and the cast you were attempting to interrupt goes off?

And Gunners can get 100-0'd just like the other squishy classes. It's all the matter of being that much better than them.

Last edited by Mempo -; 10-11-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Elyos

It is mandatory, unless you are one of those people that give sins a bad rap as pansies because they apparently sit in hide all day waiting for someone that meets the conditions to be able to be 3 shotted by their wallet, whether that be class/gear/skill.

We were talking DPS here, not performance. Performance is going to be linked to your preference but ultimately there is the objective fact that D/S is the optimal setup.

If that's how you are using whirlwind, you are doing it wrong.
You won't proc an evade unless they are physical class. And physical class doesn't really have any cast so that goes out the window. And supposing that you were really trying to interrupt/avoid something, you would simply FE rather than FE something else and then use the stun/spin to disable. It's on demand, more predictable, and infinitely more reliable.

I suggest you make new sin in perma BM because you are trying to run before you can walk.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Elyos

Avalyn is going in

It's a pretty good general overview/guide though, even if some of the smaller stuff can be debated.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
It is mandatory, unless you are one of those people that give sins a bad rap as pansies because they apparently sit in hide all day waiting for someone that meets the conditions to be able to be 3 shotted by their wallet, whether that be class/gear/skill.

We were talking DPS here, not performance. Performance is going to be linked to your preference but ultimately there is the objective fact that D/S is the optimal setup.

If that's how you are using whirlwind, you are doing it wrong.
You won't proc an evade unless they are physical class. And physical class doesn't really have any cast so that goes out the window. And supposing that you were really trying to interrupt/avoid something, you would simply FE rather than FE something else and then use the stun/spin to disable. It's on demand, more predictable, and infinitely more reliable.

I suggest you make new sin in perma BM because you are trying to run before you can walk.
No, it's not. BA is good, it is not mandatory. BA was the first Stigma I charged, I know how good it is. But you are trying to tell people they are going to need it no matter what when that isn't the case. I don't remember rolling my toon and having BA the moment I ascended. Would I take to a 1v1? Yes. Do I take it when I am out in Levin? No. Stop commenting on my PERSONAL stigma choice based on my own exact personal setup's needs.

EDIT: I reflected your strong opinions in the guide by omitting a line or two.

EDIT: I now no longer care about your semantic rage over a tip.

Now, please explain why being in BM is going to help me "Run", because in all honesty you seem to lack empathy. My gear =/= your gear, I have to make concessions because of my ping and my setup.

Last edited by Mempo -; 10-11-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Elyos

You've been beating around the bush and ignoring key details as though you don't understand because you know you're wrong.

We are clearly talking about equivalent weapons here when discussing which setup is optimal, and I even mentioned S/S would require a vastly superior mainhand sword.

I'm also not taking this to PM because the correct info needs to be seen and not kept private.

If your setup does not work when you are using BM gear, then it is not considered viable. If your setup works with BM, it will work with any gear and outperform.

Now you're talking about choosing dagger mainhands as though D/S and D/D have different mainhands.

Someone who bought their way to the top and never started at the ground will not understand. You need to learn to walk first.

ANYONE who does a little thinking will understand what is optimal and what is not. But if it makes you feel any better, I have played 60 ping, I have played 180 ping, even up to 400 on server in Switzerland. I have played D/S, I have played D/D on my asmo, I played S/S as my primary this past year.

You have your pantsonhead right now because D/D is for people with LOW ping. You cannot take advantage of the D/D speed if you are high ping. It is a complete waste to do so. S/S caters more to high ping because there is a larger window to trigger your weaves and since you are unlikely to hit as many weaves on the move with high ping it is better to have a higher damage when you do hit them.

All stigma builds, regardless of class must be designed with all around utility and viability in mind, to be able to prepare you for all situations, unless doing a specific PvE instance, sieging, or trolling around etc.

To go around catering your suggestions based on a wallet warrior 3 shotting unknowing squishies in OW troll build is not the proper way to write a guide.

Empathy? You are the one lacking empathy. I am the sin that played in BM for 1.5 years working my way up the gear ladder while people accused me of being full officer gear. To this day I am still not officer gear - rank 1 and BM accessory. Before that I played in Kahrun Dagger with 55c1 sword and 60c2 armor. I have an asmo sin in perma BM for the purpose of keeping the skill sharp so what I am telling you to do is not something I have not done myself either. I know what it is to be ungeared, what it is to have bad ping. On the flip side I also know what it is to be geared and have fairly good ping. What did you do? Twink all the way through and then buy your way to the top instantly. That also reflects on your stigmas and style.

You are also basing things on the hope that your opponent has no clue what they're doing. An SM is not going to send their pet to attack you as their first move when you are right next to them and able to use Counterattack/Whirlwind. Before you even get to that point, you would have used some kind of initial stun on the SM to open out of hide. If you were able to do that successfully, then the only thing left to do is avoid silence/bind/shackle which is NOT done using Counterattack/Whirlwind because Remove Shock will be up. If you were not able to do that successfully, you would have gotten knocked back/slowed/stripped/etc. leaving a large distance between you and the SM. In which case if you were to pull off an interrupt from that range it would have to be Ambush or Blind Side assuming you haven't already used those an are not binded/rooted.

The only situation where you would end up having to use counterattack on an SM is when you Sensory/Blind Burst in response to Bodyguard, and that's assuming you opt to try and full DPS their shield for stun/silence rather than kiting. Being a shield, this also means that Counterattack should be your first choice over Whirlwind.

What I am saying is simple, your guide has to cater to your audience. Not simply reflect your own preferences. You may state your preference as a side note, but it should not be the main focus of the guide.

Last edited by Aethyria - Siel; 10-11-2015 at 07:26 PM.