Old 02-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Asmodians
Default Ask Gideon - Producer's Q&A Answers

Here is part one of Gideon's answers. Part two will be coming shortly to round off this edition of Ask Gideon.

Quote:
Will the website ever be fixed? - Gamegenie

Website will be fixed one day? I want to see other players gear like korean guys and change my forums character!. -Spoink

Is there a plan / date to fix website etc.? The website is heavily outdated. For new players, this is a huge letdown. It doesn't inform them about new classes, new content, new lore. This is a really big hiatus in aion's marketing, since the official webpage still displays information from 2012. Other side elements: the atreian atlas (was great in concept, and with the new steam players it would be ever so useful), shadowcourt archives, aion magazine... All those things that made aion a high-class mmorpg. -Blackvengeance

The website is getting really old and some of the nicest feature were removed when it became free to play (Aion Archive , My Aion , Character search ) There was also a feature when the game was launch that if you search a character and go on his page you would leave a message on his page a little like facebook and it was also removed.
it may seem a little detail but the website reflects the game a lot and what people thinks of the game . - Orangecaramel

Updated game info/website? So we don't have to go on a foreign site and and read mistranslated words.... - Eleweaver

Working & fully functioning website what was promised since 5 years ago? - Testingbeta

when will the site be updated to show all classes, updated maps, an updated story, and updated player guide? - Luciandarkheart

Seriously that website update its the one thing that gets asked every time and no decent answer is ever given I miss being able to gear check people :( - Darkallister

I spend a lot of time on NC Korea's website, is it possible for NA to also get their cute shugp & daeva emoticons and such?
Will the Shadow Court Archives ever make a comeback or is it lost in the cyber flow of Aether?
Also curious about comeback/update of looking up a player's gear online, any plans for that? - Outlawduck

Are we going to get a fixed forum eventually, or will we simply get a new one ? In the event of the 2nd option, would these ones be transferred through as archives, kept for reference/memories' sake or simply wiped ? - Azoturan
The website is a perennial hot topic, and I have some great news: we are working on a comprehensive revamp, and it will be launching later this year. Unfortunately, I canít give out a more specific date; regarding pre-existing game-to-web functionality specifically, Iím not able to make any promises for any of it but if I had my way, we would be keeping it (fixed of course) and adding even more awesome tools. As for the forums, we will be switching to new ones and the current plan is to have these as a temporary archive for players to copy over important threads.

Quote:
Aion na in Spanish ? Beritra hav a powerfull latin / spain community - Killersamus
This idea has been tossed around the office a few times. The precise logistics of it, however, have not been worked out. We are aware of the demand that exists for an official Spanish (and Portuguese, for that matter) translation, but there are no solid plans currently for such support.

Quote:
With many players moving to the new Beritra server, any plans to help the 4 older servers with their decreased populations - Tyd

Is server merging a possible thing in the near future? A lot of people have rerolled to -BR server and some servers are having a severe shortage in people. -Garnroak

Can we please get a server merge? -Ezpz

In some way BR server unbalance the rest servers any solution? Before that we have problems in one server and yes Im talking about IS and make a new one!? what a wonderful idea. I dont like the merge EU made because everyone will want a mansion or Estate I spend alot o money inBCM wallpaper and i dont want to lose them ...yeah ss sucks. What about a oriel/pernon expansion if that happen.... - Spoink

Anything going to be done to servers like Kahrun, which since Beritra has open, is quite dead if its not siege time? -Angina

Will there be server merges? If so, how will they be organised? Since EU is organising server merges soon, the question rises if the same will happen for NA. And if so, which servers would be possibly merged and how will players losing ranks / items / houses be compensated? Hint from our community: the Eu-solutions caused a slight outrage among most. -Blackvengeance

Since some servers are so empty will it be possible to merge some? For the housing, (if that was possible), there could be just several houses/channels so nobody would loose their houses, mansions, palaces etc. etc. - Ombretta

Any update on maybe merging some servers like TM or KR with IS to help balance the inner server pvp/population not counting bots. - Yingyang
Weíre aware of the lack of active population that are on the other four servers with varying degrees of severity, and are taking stock of our options with regards to them. I would like to point out that a server merge is an extreme solution, and therefore should represent a last resort, especially given that many players who have put time and effort into acquiring housing or high Abyss ranking would be losing out. (unless the housing system undergoes an overhaul, I canít imagine there being a feasible solution, because under the hood game systems like this are extremely complex). Additionally, because of some of the pitfalls that other territories have encountered, we are holding off on merges for now, but not excluding them from a potential future.

That said, we are looking at incentive programs to encourage play and character creation on the old servers. Iím not able to give details now, but we welcome any constructive suggestions for this. Also, with 5.0 coming this year we'll be using that time to evaluate the best plan.

Quote:
2nd Class of the bard? ^^ thanks for read! - Thejespone
Please any news on the muse 2nd subclass? - Megaawesomesniper
I really wish I had more to say other than that weíre all waiting with anticipation for the same thing!

Quote:
aion 5 before summer? can y return old shugo again ??? - Drakoulinix
What are the plans regarding 5.0? Is there a possible date of release for it? - Garnroak
Why is 5.0 taking so long to be released? - Elementstryker
Will we get 5.0 in June, or at a later date ? - Azoturan
Shugo Kingdom will be making a return this year. As for Aion 5.0, we do not have a release date yet but it will be this year and we'll absolutely give more information when it is ready. And as for why itís taking so long, it has been released in Korea as of November, and these things take time to localize into English.

Quote:
Will we ever see the Heatseeker outfit in the bcm Q,Q? Once a year for a select few amount of people is not enough! - Larxe
I donít see why not. Iíll poke around and see if we can make this happen. ;p

Quote:
Reading the Korean translated patchnotes, along with watching Korean players Twitch accounts, many players feel like NA servers did not receive the full 4.9 patch/experience, this has also been noticed in previous patches as well.
Why is this? - Ragurak

When is NA getting the second part of 4.9? -Fharnaj

Would love the 2nd half of 4.9 so i can get my Myth BM attack speed combine - Zaee

In short, the 4.9 update actually released in multiple parts in Korea - specifically, leveling up the landings came after the main release. As has been announced, the other portion will be available in North America on 2/17 (next week!).

Quote:
The amount of RMT on this game is unsupervised and completely unobserved. Not about the bots spamming (this issue has been taken care of pretty well since a year ago), but about people randomly putting up 30b shops near sanctum mailbox. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure a Firm Rawhide doesn't cost 30 billion. - Skyy
Over the past few months we have been beefing up our anti-bot efforts, and currently ban hundreds on a daily basis. The exact case you mention, however, is obviously a little trickier as it really requires a single action on the botís part.

While we work on a better solution to this (and we are), Iíd like to suggest setting up a Macro (if you have one to spare) with the following: /silence [Target]. This functions similarly to the Report Gold Selling option, except on whichever target you have selected. When the chat restriction is implemented, they wonít be able to keep their private store open. Just please make sure to only use this on RMT advertisers.

Quote:
What is NCSoft / West's plan to deal with the extraordinary amount of hackers that are currently plaguing the servers? With 9/10 of your playerbase currently dissatisfied with the results from your current "surveillance team" what will be done? On Siel asmodian, there is a gunner who has been around since opening of 4.0, probably reported numerous times in the past year (mixture of L's and I's (17 of them)) - nicknamed barcode (by the players) for ease of spreading the word (I didn't specifically say the name, and this is a legitimate concern!) that has been easily using 3rd party programs and avoiding the "surveillance team" that has been assigned for greater than a year. -Skyy

Does the NCSoft team have any plans to crack down on animation hackers and RMTing? They really mess with the balance of the game and are one of the biggest complaints I've seen around Aion. - Freakyheals

On the proof of hackers and the long list of hackers still roaming around on aion when do you plan on making a system that actually "works" for banning hackers saw a hacker fight someone i knew in the arena on live stream even admitted to hacking multiple reports have been sent in about this guy yet he's still roaming free and unbothered. - Yingyang

What are the plans for hacking players ? Im one of the few that doesnt jump to conclusion when i see wierd player because I know sometimes aion is buggy but some players are overly abusing of some program and its obvious . - Orangecaramel

Not that I care about bots as much they don't affect me I don't buy kinah and they dont affect me farming Composite mobs, but in the Terms of RMT and Hackers what are you guys doing to combat this further, not naming names but this one sin who was appropriately banned recently can rip thru half my health bar with IS up as a Templar is just BS and I know theirs more out their using no ani hacking and it can be frustrating at times dealing with these people - Darkallister

Will anything ever be done to speed up the Banning of hackers/RMT'ers cause at this point its everywhere and you might as well do it yourself to not get left behind due to NC's GROSS negligence on dealing with the problem at hand - Deleos

Talking about the future aion... what u guys think about the famous aidpsmeter program that help to find hackers players........... we need a solution for that. -Spoink

Now that BnS has been released and we all have seen that it has gameguard, why was this never placed back on aion? Its like you guys are condoning hacking, alot of reports have been sent in for various hackers, with literal proof and some even admitting to hacking ingame via chat. Some of them were banned for a brief amount of time yet unbanned so how do we combat hackers in a game like this without the help of the gms who normally should crack down alot harder on them. I mean seriously a person with 300+ ms should not be able to do 8.5k dps on a boss when they stay in aussie land and be considered legit, yet still allowed to play the game lol. - Yingyang
Regarding the hacking situation and what we plan on doing about it, we are of course concerned and I empathize deeply with the frustration in the community at the amount of time this issue has been going on. We do have a plan, but Iím not able to go into details for security reasons. Within the past few days, we have been able to ban a few very high profile hackers (I canít specifically say the names either ;)), and in the future we will be getting better and faster.
Regarding GameGuard - we know opinions on this are very divisive, and we are watching Blade & Soul closely both for its effectiveness and community sentiment regarding the program. In the past, Aionís community has been overwhelmingly against the program, hence why we have not utilized it so far. I encourage players to voice their opinions on this (we might even send out a survey).Feedback from the community will definitely be a large factor in whether or not it is implemented in the future.

Quote:
Will a 64 bit client for Aion be placed on the discussion board between NCwest and NCsoft developers this year?
I just recently upgraded to windows 10 last month, in order for all the kinks to worked out and I'm glad I did. I have if not, the same great performance with Aion as I did with windows 7. With that said, I still have the same poor optimization with Aion on my Win 10 64 bit client. I'm sure if Aion can become available in 64 bit version, a lot of the texture/particle loading jitters will subside. - Vauun
Aion currently has a 64 bit client and itís enabled by default, however there are a few issues as you mention. We are as eager as you to have these issues resolved and the clientís performance live up to expectations, and will continue to push for them.

Quote:
Is the gelkmaros platinum medal fountain ever going to be fixed?
Also as the game progresses, people care less and less about lower levels making getting silver/gold medals extremely rare to obtain to get 30,40,50 abyss gears, are there any plans to address these issues? - Sinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

First off, like someone else mentioned, lower level abyss gear is getting harder to obtain due to lack of supply of medals. Could this be fixed somehow? -Queendragonais

Any plans on reducing the cost of level 60 Abyss sets (in terms of Mithril medals) or increasing the ways or amount of Mithril Medals given out? They are quite difficult to grind now with extremely limited repeatable quests and no sieges which reward them. - Bryos

Leveling from 55 to 65 is slightly weird right now, any plans to fix? You run out of quests due to the extreme experience curve which forces you to Beshmudir Temple for experience most of the time. For experienced players this isn't much of a problem but for new players this can be very confusing. I know at /r/aion we answer questions about where to level constantly because it's not clear what to do in game when you do all the Gelkmaros/Ing and Cyg/Enshar quests and are left with nothing clear to do to level.
Fully clearing the Cygnea or Enshar zones gives only 450m XP which is only 90% of level 64 to 65 for example.
It's just very weird that the game has become so fluid and streamlined leveling wise until level ~58 and then it's quite a shift to korean experience grind (or na grind since we have a different xp rate hah) - Evolute

Like asked in the #AskAion video in EU, is there a way of making an overview of the story / lore in aion as it has kinda gotten messy with all the zone wipes and such. - Fharnaj

What about low-level content and lore, will there be a fix for the weird leveling between 50-65? I am aware content is created by the Koreans, but as it is now, aion doesn't offer a good leveling experience for new players. Up to level 50 everything goes overly smooth, though there's little immersion left atm. Then after level 50 there's a huge experience gap, lots of instance-spamming, and absolutely no continuity in storyline. I've seen many people leave aion, since it has both a leveling-progress not really worth experiencing + and endgame pve that is not on point either. - Blackvengeance
Given that most recent updates have focused on end-game content, mid-game could use some definite love, and especially the leveling curve from 55 to 65. This curve was originally set way back with the assumption that Tiamaranta and Sarpan would still be here, but as you mention needs some re-evaluation now.
I have started a discussion about this with some others in the office and we will see what we can do, but in short: yes, we will make improvements.
As for a story overview, I agree that itís a bit messy and will see what we can do. Excellent suggestion!

Quote:
Besides the Steam Re-Launch of Aion, does NCwest have any plans for future advertisement to bring in new players? - Garnroak
Sure do!

Quote:
Who do the most graphic work, design skins in Aion? - Buh
All skins are designed by the development team in Korea. We are able to give some input, but there is quite a long list of things to make.

Quote:
I know Buster and Hime were reviewing it a bit but is there any way to increase the amount of arena tickets given somehow? Through pestige or doubling the amount you get pre day? The price on the BCM is quite high considering you can get EB scrolls instead and get double the reward.. and cera medals.
It's also prime streaming material on Twitch.tv - Evolute

Iíll look at what we can do. Having them be available via the Prestige Pack (possibly in the vending machine) is a nice idea, and increasing the entry count on the arenas is also an excellent suggestion.

Quote:
Open world PVP events seem to spice up the action slightly. Any plans to continue them or make them even more incentivized? The Levinshor event made the zone really active and the current abyss event is a good idea (though pvping in the abyss is generally more of a hassle than its worth..) Events like these to encourage more open world PVP and make the game seem much more alive. - Evolute
The 2/17 patch opens the door for a lot of open world PvP in the Abyss, and better yet, the benefits from leveling up your Landing will affect your entire faction (depending on the effect, it might only be in the Abyss, though).

Quote:
Related: hidden basic quests checked by default.. can you turn that off lol? It's handy pre-45 to streamline leveling for new players but it's annoying because you're missing hundreds and hundreds of quests you can do. - Evolute
I can see both sides of this, and as someone who likes to feel like Iíve 100%íd a game, itís really frustrating to get to the end only to find out youíve been missing dozens or hundreds of quests.
What I think would be an appropriate middle ground is to have the feature hide quests that are outside of your level range, which would be much more dynamic and helpful to players. Iíll suggest this to the development team.

Quote:
Will character server transfers open to the Beritra server? If so then approximately when will this be available? - Freakyheals
They will eventually, but not for the foreseeable future. The primary issue is the risk of exacerbating the population differences between Beritra and the other servers, and also upsetting the economy with the massive influx of kinah and items that server transfers would bring.

Quote:
Also can we ever expect the full content of 4.0 through 4.9 (minus some community events of course) to be available to the NA servers, such as skins, quests, gear, pets, emoticons, proper cut-scene voice-overs, etc? - Ragurak

Why we never get all the skins and dance emotes korean people got. I know about license and stuff ; but you will get alot of buyers with that!! wonder girl IU sailormoon skins and more lol. - Spoink

Can we get the 2DT back in store? - Naaya

When "Beloved Costume" will be on black cloud marketplace? there's a loot of skins since 4.5 that must be released on BCM, and we still here waiting with our wallet for those skins !! -.-
/edit: and what's about to put the wonder girls dance on black cloud marketplace? there's a loot of people that would buy them if those items were on the store. - Sachibi

I know that a lot of the skins are teritory locked but im sure hello kitty isnt and i want my hello kitty everything so plz gimme my kitties ! - Orangecaramel
Regarding skins, certain pets, and emoticons:
There are a few things which we simply canít have due to licensing or copyright issues, which includes a large number of skins, pets and emoticons. Hello Kitty, Wondergirls, Sailor Moon, and many others are all under this umbrella, and unless something changes (which is far outside of my power, at the very least), they unfortunately will not be back for the foreseeable future. Would I like to be able to offer that stuff? Absolutely, because theyíre high quality work that had a lot of effort put into them, and I like to see happy players.
More to the second part of Ragurakís question, if thereís an issue with cutscene voiceovers or other missing content (some ugly bugs rear their heads occasionally), please send a ticket to support with as much information as you can provide, and they will relay it to our QA team so we can get a fix rolled out. If you already have, please let Buster know the ticket number so I can help investigate.

Quote:
Any plans to raise the FTS level to 65? - Gamegenie

I would like to know if it will be possible to get the FTS to lvl 65, please. :) - Ombretta
For now, this is unlikely. When the level cap progresses past 65, however, it may be possible. :)

Quote:
How much liberty does the NA team has when it comes to a patch's localisation? Are you free to, for example, make up your own names or do you have to stick strictly to translations? - Bryos
It depends. Technically speaking, we can change almost anything. Realistically, however, we try to stick to the original translation as much as possible, however thatís not always possible. For example, some dungeon names sound really cool in Korean, but in English not so much. Take Infinity Shard, for example, whose Korean name is Katalamize. In English, -ize usually indicates a verb, and overall it doesnít sound very epic for (what was then) the home of the final story boss, so that was rewritten.
Another prominent example is Levinshor, whose Korean name is Gerha. In English, the original Korean name sounded a bit clunky, not at all indicative of the lush, beautiful zone that it is.
Very rarely, a character name will come along whose name makes us blush. We rename those too, normally to something close but phonetically different. Most remain unchanged or with minor edits for readability.
Regarding the story itself, we may make small edits to story elements to smooth it out or make more sense in a cultural context, but overall the story is unchanged from Koreaís version.

Quote:
If you could make your own change (anything) to Aion, without consulting anyone, what would it be? - Bryos
Oh man, this question. Lots of things, but the short list is this:
1) Revamp housing to be more engaging and less of a niche activity.
2) Have a dedicated 55-60 zone again, and smooth out the leveling experience.
3) Do a major redistribution of the economy of the older servers, pull out a ton of kinah and increase faucets on several categories of necessary items (materials are a prime example).
4) Take GP out of PvE instances, and make sure there is a clear delineation between types of content and types of rewards (PvP gives PvP rewards, and PvE gives PvE rewards).
5) Have the game auto-detect bots and clear them out.
6) Achievements! And not just Steam ones, but rather ones integrated into the game that give cool rewards to your account.

Quote:
Is there a way setup to speak to a specific GM or request to speak to a specific GM, or could it be possible to implement something like that? If you remember the issue you had during the Aion Anniversary GM event you hosted on Israphel summoning bosses for us in Pandaemonium, I know the exact reason for the issue you were having, and I tried to contact you via NCsupport, but was given "Gideon is unavailable how can I help you?" It's a bit nerve wrecking seeing as they would not know what problem YOU were having. - Tankeiia
Thanks for reaching out. Feel free to send a PM to Buster and heíll reach out to me. Iíll try to respond quickly, but depending on the day to day that might not be possible.

Quote:
I think what 90% of the pvp population wants to know is, ARE THERE ANY PLANS AT ALL TO GIVE US THE MASTER SERVER?
If no, what is the reason for it? Someone had told me NCsoft's reason for not giving us the Master Server on North America was because it would have a direct negative impact on the other 4 servers. But if that's the case, what did Beritra do? lol.
Regarding the Master Server, only time will tell but at this point we have no plans regarding it for various reasons. I can confirm that the impact on the other servers is not a major part of our reasoning, but I canít elaborate. Sorry. :(

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the level cap wasn't yet fixed to 75 when 5.0 hit the Korean live servers. Considering this, when the 5.0 update will be applied to NA servers, are we going to get the ironed-out version, which limits the level cap to 75, or the theoretically uncapped version? - Azoturan
While I cannot divulge most of the information regarding the release of 5.0, this one is a freebie: we will be receiving the level 75 cap.

Quote:
What about the huge inflation and broken economy? In many mmorpg's, there's some regulation of the free market, so there's no chance at huge inflation, blown-up prices and insane RMT-ing. On NA Siel server however... all those things are happening. For the huge majority of rich veterans this isn't such an issue, but most new players are discouraged from creating a character on this server since making money the regular way won't allow them to buy basic items from broker. The ways to obtain materials / manastones etc. are limited, and mostly done by bots. This creates a huge inbalance, and a bad economy on a server, is bad for the server in general. - Blackvengeance

Why people should report "hunterĖgatherer" bots which supply broker with tons of needed stuff (yes sometimes cost fortune)? No one going to do job in that place, but at same time this is a part of gold bots spammer circle, which you claim trying to destroy. What's your solution? - IMD
Helping the economic imbalance is actually a major focus of mine for this year. To that end, a few of the things we are working on are ways to put more high-demand items into the hands of actual players and fewer into bots. Iíd like to go deeper into the economics behind this, but the long story short is that only bots truly benefit when they are able to monopolize an item, and therefore we should strive to break those monopolies.

Part two is coming soon, so stay tuned!
Old 02-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Ask Gideon - Producer's Q&A Answers (Part One)

Quote:
When will construction get new furniture designs? All this updates and yet nothing new to craft :< - Coolelectro

Secondly, the new crafting system is causing some issues. Noticeably with lower level Baltic crafting designs and some of the newer 65 designs. Mats for some of these are so rare or hard to come by, it sometimes makes the whole crafting process useless. I am also not sure if people are some what lazy now, but consumables seem to be in short supply because of the new crafting designs. - Queendragonais

Since gathering system been changed (can't aetertap/essencetap greater versions) we have shortage of materials, non-sense numbers to make even yellow item (which is not likely to sell with profit in broker anyway), material prices going insanely up, gold bots living in a dream - any planned changes here?

Since gathering system been changed (can't aetertap/essencetap greater versions) we have shortage of materials, non-sense numbers to make even yellow item (which is not likely to sell with profit in broker anyway), material prices going insanely up, gold bots living in a dream - any planned changes here?

I like crafting and would like to know if any serious changes going to be implemented? How you see current crafting system?

I doubt community is even near happy how its organized right now - can't get low lvl materials (e.g. balic parts) because no one gathering this just rushing to 65; unless you craft myth item (good luck making 5-6 items in a row, with 3-4 procs times in a row * tries * cost) there is almost nothing worth crafting for gear - you giving stuff in events, easy to get from dungeons, or just buy "first step" AC gear and rush DR/IO/IS/ORB whatever for myth gears...

Why crafting left aside, when should be one of main economy engines? (i'm not talking only about cooking/alchemy). Why aion players should put that time in crafting if its almost worthless?

Is it possible to lift gathering/aethertap lvl cap? Its beyond annoying right now.... - IMD

5 - What changes will we see in crafting? - Ode
The recent changes to gathering and materials have made it much more punishing for players to pursue crafting, as you all suggest. These are not systems players should be discouraged from participating in, but the changes are having that effect.

As for any changes to the core crafting system to make it easier, unfortunately, nothing is planned. However, with regards to material sinks and faucets, there should be some leeway to make quality of life adjustments - either lowering the material cost of recipes, or increasing the amount of materials that go into the world.

I admittedly am not a huge crafter in Aion, or any MMO that I’ve played, but I know many of you are. If there are particularly frustrating sticking points (some are mentioned above), and if you have suggestions on how to relieve them, let us know so we can relay that feedback to the developers.

Quote:
8. Finally is there any plans to deal with the GP inflation? The conversion from AP-GP was designed to promote an active and dynamic top 100 where people wouldn't just quit and hog valuable transform spots anymore but if say your #4 stops playing it will take at least month for them to decay out. Not to mention that GP is just as bad as AP was due to the faction that EB quest rewards 100 per completion + the AP-GP conversion. Why make such a great system then turn around and make it as flawed as back when we had AP - Zaee

-Lastly, for a game that's supposed to be PvPvE i strongly feel aion has lost its touch on its PvP aspect. Can we please have more events towards pvp (nothing to do with reshanta please for gods sake.....), and would it be possible to please implement more pvp GP/AP daily's and weeklies to support more PvPing? - Angellbeats

5) can you add a better GP decay system in the game, some govs have over 1 million GP and 5 stars are over 200k GP in select servers, cutting every players GP in half a few times a year could make reaching higher ranks for new players achievable , while at the same time not changing the existing ranks/hard work of the current ranking (edited. Meant year not month that would be too crazy ) - Deleos

7. Could we get a dp reduction? Meaning for example on some servers we have useless lead(govs) and would love to have someone else that can participate more in that spot and help out but the bridge between the current top rank and the next is too high and unreachable. Maybe every 6months or so could the gp numbers on all the servers be cut in 3rds? Meaning if i have 500,000 gp on the first of the month(6th month) it be cut down to 250k instead of 500k now helping others that want my spot able to get it alot easier and making me work harder to keep it meaning i have to be more active myself if i want to hold my position. - Yingyang

As you guys mention, one of the main issues with the GP system is the length of time it takes for inactive characters to “churn out” of the rankings, as it were. We are looking into ways to improve that, and to reinforce the GP system’s initial purpose of linking rank to player activity. For example, scaling GP decay with length of inactivity.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Asmodians

Motha nyerkIN NEW FORUMS

rIP POST COUNT

Edit: will we retain post count??

Also, I'm stoked we'll be getting a fixed site

Last edited by Gamegenie - Siel; 02-12-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Asmodians

Interesting read so far. I knew there'd be some "can't go into details" but it's nice to see some acknowledgement of common issues. Definitely looking forward to the rest of it.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegenie - Siel View Post
Motha nyerkIN NEW FORUMS

rIP POST COUNT

Also, I'm stoked we'll be getting a fixed site
I doubt we'll retain post counts, especially if they switch to, like, the BnS-style forums. T--------T

20k or bust GOGOGOGO.

Thanks, Gideon!
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 02-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegenie - Siel View Post

Unlikely. Since most threads won't be transferred over post counts will likely be reset or hidden altogether.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Asmodians

tHE HUMANITY
Old 02-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CC}BusterCasey - Siel View Post
Unlikely. Since most threads won't be transferred over post counts will likely be reset or hidden altogether.
Preemptive suggestion: More creative default forum titles.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekers - Siel View Post
Preemptive suggestion: More creative default forum titles.
Sure. If you have ideas, write 'em down for me. Ultimately they'll only be as creative as I am, so I'll take any help I can get.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Asmodians

And badges and medals to be earned and worn with honor in the sig, awarded only by CC