Old 02-13-2016, 11:40 PM
Elyos
Default Advice on what to pick

Returning player that is starting fresh and need advice on what crafting professions to pick up. I know you can only pick 1 for the 500 cap so I guess what I'm asking is what is most useful and profitable?
Old 02-14-2016, 02:00 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Advice on what to pick

Alchemy and Cooking still reign supreme in kinah-making. (Your best bet is Alchemy)

Tumblr/Art - http://forthyn.tumblr.com/
Old 02-14-2016, 02:59 AM
Elyos

Actually, I would suggest cooking.

Unless you find gathering to be theraputic and you have 499 aethertapping already.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:09 PM
Elyos

if ya only got one toon, master cooking and expert alchemy, means you can make the food tables(sell for a bit) and all the balic foods+jellies. expert alchemy means you can make the run/cast/attack scrolls, the pots are a diff thing since devs simplified crafting by making morphing/gathering take a gazillion times longer
Old 02-15-2016, 03:20 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolute - Siel View Post
Actually, I would suggest cooking.

Unless you find gathering to be theraputic and you have 499 aethertapping already.
I actually do... I love gathering the fish because of the sounds of the water, waterfalls or the ocean. I do my homework will doing this or watch TV on my computer.

I also do well with cooking and alchemy but I mainly make Perer (cooking) and craft wind serum for profit. The other items I keep for myself, and that helps the kinah stay in my pocket.

But one of my alts now does Construction and another Tailor, to make carpets for homes. Good news is, I have a nice amount of the large carpets in my homes. Love them~! Working my way up to making the timed cabinets, because I actually use them, but sell overflow.

I like to dabble in handicrafting, but never really got mine up very high. Just enough to put lower level jewelry on the broker when I see none.

But I tend to make most of my kinah by digging (aether and essencetapping) and then reselling.

If you use the charms that the game gives you early on, and you alot time each day and really do research about where the mats are and what sells, you can do well.

The other thing I do is farm meat. The problem is, my girls are all 50+ so I have to stick to those mobs. Look at the meat used in Cooking, and yes, Baluar meat is the hardest for me to find, so I buy it in bulk when I can.

But I keep JeJune at the level to farm Calydon meat for me. So I have two toons I keep on FTS, one for Aether, one for farming / digging and then my Spiritmaster for killing Baluar for meat/hearts.

All has almost maxed out Aether/Essenctapping - did this over time.. so it's easy for them to take a quick break between kills and do some quick gathering.

Also, learn to morph. This ties in with Aethertapping.