Old 02-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Elyos
Default Spiritmaster

I've never had a spirit master, i wonder if it's a good class to play, for PvE and PvP, or if it's useless and weak..

Also, if someone has some trick and advices to share to play it good i qould be thankfull :)

Like STIGMAs also...

Last edited by 1s2E6789 -; 02-27-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Spiritmaster

This is the only SM worth watching

Old 02-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Asmodians

Well Sm's aren't around much in PVE these days since dispels aren't that important in much instances anymore but they are pretty good dps. Not as high as sorc or dps clerics but they can be pretty high up there. PvP is the same for Sm's as its always been there hasnt been any huge nerf or buff to them in some time so if you have ever fought a SM before you know what its like.

Stigma build is straight forward

PVE you use Inernal blight, magic implosion, infernal pain, cyclone of wrath, magics freedom, and either spirit wall of protection or stone scour

PVP is dependent on how you prefer to play. i dont actually change my spec for pvp but i dont pvp much on my Sm. sometimes ill put in earthen call in place of spirit wall and shackle in place of IB but thats only if im going to be PVP only for a while which is rare.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:29 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiluj - Tiamat View Post
Well Sm's aren't around much in PVE these days since dispels aren't that important in much instances anymore but they are pretty good dps. Not as high as sorc or dps clerics but they can be pretty high up there.
.........??
Cleric cant reach what most dps classes are capable of. (Glad, Sin, Ranger, Sorc, SM)
Cleric cant be compared to the dps classes if the dps classes have end game gears with right play style.
It's CANT.
I recommend u play with better users.

Also, if u want to get more dps... u should not use the stigma tree u mentioned.

Last edited by iRosy - Siel; 03-17-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Asmodians

I'm under the impression that a good SM should be one of the top dps classes?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:15 AM
Asmodians

Dps wise, SM is just as good as any other class, its situational really, sometimes my SM out-dps's my aethertech.
Long storry short, when it comes to dps'ing, once you get a proper skill rotation, SM does a good job, just as any other class.
We should not forget that when it comes to dps some classes are good for one thing others are good for other things, like sorc is good burst, sin is good sustained dps etc, so it mostly depends on what you like.
I recomend going for an SM, its fun in pve and pvp, you can do alot of things with it for yourself and to help the group, and, this answers another question of yours "tips and stigmas" , well those depend on what you are about to do xD
In my oppinion, i say go for it, try it, work along with it and discover it, its a fun clas to play. Im thinking of rerolling SM for good
Old 08-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRosy - Siel View Post
.........??
Cleric cant reach what most dps classes are capable of. (Glad, Sin, Ranger, Sorc, SM)
Cleric cant be compared to the dps classes if the dps classes have end game gears with right play style.
It's CANT.
I recommend u play with better users.

Also, if u want to get more dps... u should not use the stigma tree u mentioned.
LMAO!!!!!!!!! you have to be kidding me Cleric cant reach high dps?!!! LMAO Clerics can be one of the HIGHEST DPS classes
on my own cleric in DD gear i consistently am 1st or 2ndr on meter never lower then 3rd and i run with some pretty geared and high dps people. i beat out Sorcs sins and glads frequently. I have seen only a handful of sins and glads on my server who consistently out dps my cleric and i usually tie or am pretty close to sorc dps depending on the type of boss fight. If you ever run with my cleric you will never see my cleric do low dps unless im in full heal spec. the dps clerics you've run with must really suck

as for the sitgma build i posted for Sms as an SM that beats some sorcs out on dps i have to say you are wrong there to. I dont think you have played with many Sms or dps clerics to come the the conclusion you have about their dps. or you have never played an sm or cleric before either way you are dead wrong on sm and cleric dps.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Elyos

Clerics do have decent dps and often beat other classes in a general scenario. I have a 65 cleric/sorc/sm who all do above sm dps. However, there are key factors you have to consider:
-Dps rotations for cleric is extremely simple and straight forward. Hence achieving higher dps than other classes is a common occurance. Also, the cleric dps ceiling potential is much more limited than a physical class for instance. As mention, due to he simplistic approach to dps, his potential is easily reached by average players with top gear.
-Sorcs require some thinking in dps rotations and mp management. The dps ceiling potential is alot higher if the player uses a good rotation and mp management. Hence, there is a bigger disparity in sorc dps results. Most sorcs only reach the standard lvl of dps which results in lower dps than a cleric which is a scenario often seen and misunderstood.
-Sm is definitely the most underated and misunderstood class in terms of dps imo. It baffles me that most sms have no clue on the basic dps rotations and end up 2k dps in places like IS/DR, then once in a blue moon you see a 5-6k dps sm, which creates a huge disparity and misunderstanding amomgst the uninformed players. This also suggest that sm rotations arent as simple as a cleric so not many players are able to reach optimal potential.

Ultimately dps comparions has to assume equivalent gear, skill lvl to obtain optimal dps rotations, mode of testing ( tank n spank or lots of movement which places melee at a disadvantage). If faced with a scenario with a selection of cleric sorc sm of same gear but all are complete unknown players, It is always a safer choice to take a dps cleric due to its low skill/dps potential ceiling.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Asmodians

Well I have a cleric sorc and Sm in full DD gear socketed about the same with MB/MA/crit spell at around the same numbers. My cleric and sorc are higher then my sm when comparing the numbers they get in DD.

in DD i look at meter for the first twin bosses and beritra
on the Twins My cleric and Sorc consistently get 800-900k overall and are always the top dps in the magic group. My Sm can get anywhere form 600k-800K depending on a variety of factors (ie. if i had 4k dp at start or not). usually higher then the SW sometimes on par with the sorc.

On beritra my Cleric and sorc usually at number 2 spot for dps with my sorc getting 3rd more often then my cleric. This also varies as sometimes my cleric is in Melee group and doesn't get SOD. My cleric usually see 1.3mil overall dmg with it peaking at 1.7mil once. Sorc gets a steady 1.4mil to 1.7mil.

My Sm however on beritra the numbers vary greatly. This is due to the fact that the boss mechanics makes spirits hard to maintain and using magma isnt always a garentee of good dmg. If i can keep magma up and use cursecloud my Sm will get anywhere from 1mil dmg-1.3mil for its self with magma at 500-700k With magma not lasting the full duration of the fight then the damage for my Sm is between 900k-1.2mil with spirit dmg at 300k-600k. Usually i see the lower end of the dmg range but if the run goes perfectly ill see mid range.

The High range of Sm Dmg is so rare i only mention it cause it looks good XD. if you add the Sm dmg with the spirit dmg for any SM you will usually get a number that puts the Sm's dps somewhere around 2nd-4th on meter. Ive seen my numbers in EB on pashid where if you added my spirits dmg i would be top of meter out of 24 people. But people usually dont care about your spirits dmg on meter. and if there are more then 1 Sm the meter gets screwed with spirit dmg.

Overall I would rank dps Cleric, sorc, then Sm but of my toons i think its about even.

Though there is something i noticed. Dps between a sorc and cleric depends heavely on how long the fight lasts.

5min and under fights Cleric wins out always. (this is counting equal gear and skill)
6-10 min fight sorc will usally win out on cleric
10min-14min cleric wins out cause of second Wod
15min sorc wins out cause better mana manageability then clerics
30min + only a few things in game last this long and meter numbers are not a good judge of dps cause usually its league bosses with tons of repeat classes.

Last edited by Teiluj - Tiamat; 08-02-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiluj - Tiamat View Post
in DD i look at meter for the first twin bosses and beritra
on the Twins My cleric and Sorc consistently get 800-900k overall and are always the top dps in the magic group. My Sm can get anywhere form 600k-800K depending on a variety of factors (ie. if i had 4k dp at start or not). usually higher then the SW sometimes on par with the sorc.
Twin bosses are a terrible scenario for comparison as one group often has to wait for the other to catch up so that both bosses die at the same time, so if your group is the one that's waiting you don't get to use all your skills on every CD even if they are up, resulting in padded numbers that are not a reflection of skill but rather boss mechanics.

Quote:
On beritra my Cleric and sorc usually at number 2 spot for dps with my sorc getting 3rd more often then my cleric. This also varies as sometimes my cleric is in Melee group and doesn't get SOD. My cleric usually see 1.3mil overall dmg with it peaking at 1.7mil once. Sorc gets a steady 1.4mil to 1.7mil.
Metioning you are 1st/2nd/3rd dps without mentioning the people you are competing against means nothing. If you made an ally with the top dpsers of the server, naturally only one of them would be the #1 dps, yet any of those players would consistently score #1 dps if they were put in a different ally competing against average players. So, being #3 dps in a top geared/skilled ally would be more significant than being top 1 dps in a tra$h tier ally.

If you are not the top dps cler/sorc/sm of your server(s) then don't assume that your performance on those classes is representative of those classes' full potential.