Old 08-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Spiritmaster

You dont always have to slow for twins. as a matter of fact really good groups burn twins pretty quick without needing to wait at all. and even if you are in the group that has to wait or slow down the numbers dont continue to add after you stop other then dots so the dmg is still relatively accurate. Also i did post the numbers as well to indicate how much dmg is being done over all by my toons.

And yes its true where you are on the meter depends on your group comp and the people playing but again when you show numbers comparing them to the bosses over health you can still estimate how much others have done by seeing where you are on the meter. Which i did post dmg. I run with a static and our numbers are always consistent.

And i can actually say with certainty I am one of the top DPS clerics on my server. if you are on Tiamat ask around I'm pretty well know among the top players and main legions. actually Retribution (the legion I'm in) holds a few of the top Dps players on Tiamat server and those are the people I'm comparing my dps too.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Elyos

Voodoodoctor- Completely agree..I also noticed the larger disparity for sorc/sm dps compared to clerics. Clerics have lots of dots--wod/chain of suffering/enfeebling burst/noble energy/holy servant/chastise/earth's wrath--and they all last a pretty long time so a bad rotation won't lose much dps there. Using sage with call lightning/punishing earth is a no brainer and the timing is easy given that sage's cd is a multiple of call lightning's cd (3 minute vs. 1 minute). Only one of the cleric dps skills (judge's edict) have any notable pve effects like lowering elemental resist and clerics don't have to worry about dispelling buffs for damage so there's more freedom in skill order. Mana management is relatively easy with Salvation(s) to fall back on in emergency. Pretty much the only skill required for dps cleric is balancing the cds of smite, punishing earth, and slashing wind chains and I think this is primarily the difference between a "high skilled" dps cleric and an average one.

I also agree that the circumstances (gear, ping, fps, boss only vs. mobs only vs. boss + mobs, mana drains, # of deaths and timing of deaths, instance length/phases, available support classes, same class so dots don't stack, etc.) play a big factor. So it's hard to get enough data to reach any conclusions.

Teiluj- You said: "i beat out Sorcs sins and glads frequently. I have seen only a handful of sins and glads on my server who consistently out dps my cleric and i usually tie or am pretty close to sorc dps depending on the type of boss fight." Maybe you're a high dps, but saying that you can beat sorcs/sins/glads frequently just tells me what Hinotorii said, which is that the sorcs/sins/glads you're in alliance with just aren't skilled enough to reach the full potential of their class (and/or are less geared than you or have unstable or high ping). You also can't just compare your personal dps between cleric/sorc/sm to make a conclusion about the classes' relative potential. Maybe you have a perfect rotation with cleric but you're missing something with sorc/sm.

You should also take aoes/mobs into account. Sorcs/sm are more useful in that regard.

Also, this thread is a bit of a necro. You replied to someone who posted in March.

Also also, afaik irosy was (is?) well known for his pve dps as a sm. And that's on Siel Asmo. Here's a video of him doing ~5.9k in IS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8v9I67k3qA. And that was back in 2014. People are more geared now/have essence points.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Asmodians

You say because i beat Sins/Sorcs/Glads frequently that the ones i run with must not be good dps but i say that if your dps clerics aren't giving your sins/sorc/glad a run for their money they are low dps. there are certain types of fights i as a cleric Dps have never been beaten in no matter who i run with. DR IO and Sauro 2 key are such boss fights. Dps cleric should be top no contest. the short duration plus cleric short cd's make it so we can stack super high dmg really quickly.

On the other hand On my Sm and sorc i wasnt comparing their dps to say what the class potential is i was comparing them to show the numbers the class can pull in those particular fights. Ive been in DD with many diffrent sorcs and dps clerics. Not many Sm's because they are not as common. and no matter who they are where they end up on the meter is easy to predict.

SM's can get really high DPS 4-5k but when it comes to overall dmg getting high numbers that surpass sorcs or clerics dont happen often. Getting 5k dps back with the old stigma system and with all the old skills was pretty easy as an SM but what you see after meter is posted is that you might have gotten 5k dps but your overall dmg is not that high. Sorcs and Dps clerics generally get 3-4k dps but their overall dmg is extremely high.

i havent really studied the meter on my Sm in a while so i havent seen its DPS in some time but i still say as a dps class they are lower then sorcs and dps clerics.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Asmodians

4K DPS is not top tier for a sorc by current patch standards (assuming you're talking about ARM dps, as other meters calculate time spent attacking differently, resulting in different dps numbers), you could already reach that even before 4.x, after the skill revamp (not just sorc skill changes, but also SW buffs) you should be hitting at least 5K, if not you need to work on your rotation/gear.

Last edited by Upotatoein - Siel; 08-02-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Asmodians

The argument here is dependent on the people playing the classes and the instance at hand, but I'll add my two cents. Why not?

My comments are based off of Drakenspire Depths runs, because who bothers with DPS meter in IS/IO/DR anymore? Beritra is a boss that every DPS can focus on and nuke to high hell, with very long DPS windows, but is still considered a burn-fight, so you're looking at sustainability. SM/Sorc can't "cheat" and AoE to get extra DPS.

If the Sorc knows what the hell they're doing, they will always be at the top of the DPS chart, followed by a Sin if present (again, who knows what the hell they're doing). If the SM knows what they're doing, they will be second/third place to said Sorc/Sin, if not fourth. Not only do Sorcs and Sins have high damage, but their DPS is high too. The highest DPS I've seen of a Sin is 10k. Highest Sorc is 8k (that I've seen).

That opinion of mine is old now, as with 5.0 we got all the fancy CP points. But this is based off 4.9;

When it comes to being competent in instances: FPS > Ping. As a player who used to do everything with 7~15FPS, I can tell you it matters. I went from being carried in DD with crap DPS of 3.7k, to 5.2k after learning how to function with proper FPS. It means everything. You can learn how to function and do your job with high ping, even gear to a certain extent. But FPS you can't cope with, it's a huge hindrance.

So overall, SM are lower in damage and DPS to Sorcs/Sins who know what they're doing. SM are equal to if not higher in damage to DPS Clerics. SM can have higher damage but lower DPS than a DPS Cleric. But if you ask me, SM and DPS Cleric should be pretty damn close to each other.

Honestly none of you are wrong, just each of your personal experiences are different. Same as me, I wouldn't be considered entirely right either.

Tumblr/Art - http://forthyn.tumblr.com/
Old 08-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Elyos

@teiluj, i don't doubt that you may be one of the top dps clerics on your faction. All u need is top gear to do decent dps since rotation is simplistic. However consistently beating top sins/glads/sorcs is hard to believe. Firstly, a top weaving sorc socketting correctly will beat a dps cleric. Likewise, a top sin with 7-7.5k dps will top a cleric. A 6-6.5k glad will do the same. Point is there fewer sorcs/sins/glads who play at top lvl, whereas top clerics are dimes a dozen.

In instances like DR a cleric could certaintly top dps over a sorc, due to fight mechanics. IO/Sauro i assume most top sin/glad/sorc dont bother running these instances. A simple tank n spank boss would be the most ideal scenario to test dps, ie. Fighting siege dux, IS, EB boss, DD last boss.

In the scenario of DD last boss in 4.9, i have yet to see a cleric beat a top sin or weaving sorc. I see sins top at 7.5k, glads 6.5k, sorcs 6.5, clerics melee side 4.5k, sm 4.5k. Those dps are pretty much from the top few players from each class.
Likewise in IS, top sins/glad/sorcs/sm who can micro dp pet tops the dps. However, cleric is often seen topping dps in a general run, as not all players running IS are skilled.
Even if katalam/danaria sieges, where players xform just to burn dux, sins/glads/sorcs top the charts.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Asmodians

It's 5.0... every class is a dps now adays yes some classes have higher nukes but every class is good dps. I seen temps beat people in dps before. Yall get off your high chairs.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:05 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiluj - Tiamat View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!! you have to be kidding me Cleric cant reach high dps?!!! LMAO Clerics can be one of the HIGHEST DPS classes
on my own cleric in DD gear i consistently am 1st or 2ndr on meter never lower then 3rd and i run with some pretty geared and high dps people. i beat out Sorcs sins and glads frequently. I have seen only a handful of sins and glads on my server who consistently out dps my cleric and i usually tie or am pretty close to sorc dps depending on the type of boss fight. If you ever run with my cleric you will never see my cleric do low dps unless im in full heal spec. the dps clerics you've run with must really suck

as for the sitgma build i posted for Sms as an SM that beats some sorcs out on dps i have to say you are wrong there to. I dont think you have played with many Sms or dps clerics to come the the conclusion you have about their dps. or you have never played an sm or cleric before either way you are dead wrong on sm and cleric dps.
Sorry but no equally geared Cleric will out DPS a Sorc or SM unless those players are total noobs. I play a DPS cleric and I do really decent damage but nowhere near a Sorc and just below a good SM, still my damage is up there.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daridaru - Israphel View Post
Sorry but no equally geared Cleric will out DPS a Sorc or SM unless those players are total noobs. I play a DPS cleric and I do really decent damage but nowhere near a Sorc and just below a good SM, still my damage is up there.
Your opinion has been noted on this old post.