Old 04-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Beyond the Windstream - April 22, 2016

Doesn't change the fact that no one knows the exact number of my personalities. :P
Old 04-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Elyos

I shall call you Shienoshima now then. :P
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 04-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Asmodians

or Shienarsss
Old 04-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
...and most importantly raising red flags when crashes or blocker bugs are discovered during testing.
I keep sending the log almost every time that I crash, but I've lost any hope by now.
However, my question was: can you tell us if the next major patch will make the users with a 32-bit OS unable to launch Aion at all?
At the moment, the users with a 32-bit OS have frequent crashes in Enshar/Cygnea (and I don't care that much, since I don't like these maps). But today I've read on the Gameforge's forum, that the 5.0 won't work with Win Xp for example. So, will I crash even more on the new maps, or I won't be even able to start the game with the new launcher?

Please consider that upgrading/buying a new PC/changing OS, is not something you do in few hours, and I would like to know it quite in advance.

(Please refrain from telling me"the support for Xp is expired years ago", "you are not safe", "thieves can enter into your house and steal everything because you have Xp" and so on.) ty!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Elyos

The support for XP expired years ago.
You are not safe.
Thieves can enter into your house and steal everything because you have XP.

32-bit OS's have severe issues with Enshar and Cygnea because those lands make the Aion client shoot up with RAM consumption. 32-bit OS's are capped on the amount of RAM available, and Enshar/Cygnea will demand more RAM than the system can provide. It is not outside the realm of reason that the new maps will likewise be poorly optimized for such ancient systems.
I somehow doubt they have an XP system wherewith to test if it even launches in XP, though I don't see why it wouldn't.

Start saving up for the new PC. It's 2016, not 2005.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply