Old 05-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Asmodians
Default Question about AT PvP

Can ATs be decent at PvP?
Seems like very few people play them so I figured they are not OP or probably pretty bad.

Can they do well against any classes in particular?

I'm still a pretty new player and people are telling me to drop AT and do Glad. I rolled both to 20 and all the HP gain from damage that Glads have makes them look a lot better for sustain, not to mention all the chain skills for stumble opponents.
Just looking at the chain skill tab, it doesn't look like ATs have much CC like Glads do.

Can ATs do anything better than Glads?

Thanks for your opinions
Old 05-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Question about AT PvP

AT's are strong vs Sorcs, rangers and assassins.

They are weak against healers due to lack of burst. (songweavers, clerics, and some chanters)

Templars are one of the best pvp classes so they will always be tough. Spiritmasters can be a pain due to movement speed debuffs. Drillbore helps with both these classes.

Glads and gunners just depend who is playing them. An AT can stand toe to toe with a glad because we have stun resist and a mana drain stigma that is deadly.

As for glad or AT being better, they are two different classes. One is magical and one is physical. Both are great in group pvp for different reasons. AT is pretty much stuck with one weapon which is why most run a damage godstone. Glads can take advantage of multiple weapons and godstones.

Last edited by Pullin - Siel; 05-04-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Asmodians

Any suggestions on the godstone for PVP? I know it is better to have multiple set of weapons for different situations but any priorities for new AT who want to try PVP? I cannot decide between paralyze, blind or damage (since we already have silence skill that can be burried).
Old 05-06-2016, 04:07 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quros - Siel View Post
Any suggestions on the godstone for PVP? I know it is better to have multiple set of weapons for different situations but any priorities for new AT who want to try PVP? I cannot decide between paralyze, blind or damage (since we already have silence skill that can be burried).
2% damage godstone is priority. We need the extra damage for healing classes (mostly songweavers) but it helps with all classes.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Asmodians

ATs can run setups other than damage GS. I myself like to run things like blind or paralyze as alternate setups. ATs have very high godstone proc rates, so utility stones can go a long way in certain situations (blinding the glad that is full comboing you with leeching steel up means he just burned his whole mana tank without hitting you once, for example). Paralyze is just hilarious when you freeze people for a full 5 seconds while you just whale on them with sundering blade + all your buffs on. Silence GS is also useful for casters.

Damage GS also have their place, the meta favors 2% 3.8k or higher earth godstones since most of the AT's abilities proc earth damage, and Steam rush can double-proc the godstone, so with a good enough earth GS you can do 8k in .5 seconds every 12 seconds when you get a stun off. It's absolutely silly, which is why it's most heavily favored, but there are other options.

Also if you're on Siel and have no money, try getting a stun godstone. They're very cheap and mesh well with the AT's kit, because every attack you do having a chance to stun means you will be extremely sticky with Steam Rush. It's not as good as the other options, but it's a cost-efficient option for someone just starting out. The more you can get in someone's face, the more you can stun or paralyze which can help anyone fighting with you burst them down while you are still getting gear.

Last edited by PlagueDoctorTae -; 09-02-2016 at 06:40 PM.