Old 05-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Elyos
Default Weekly Server Maintenance - May 25, 2016, 6:00 AM Central

There will be an scheduled maintenance period tomorrow, Wednesday, May 25, 2016 from 6:00 AM to 9:30 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 3.5 hours.

- Changes -
  • Routine website and server maintenance.
  • All Dolled Up Event will continue for one more week.
  • 1 NCoin Ailu transformation candies sale is available for one more week.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

- Maintenance Images of the Week -

Old 05-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Weekly Server Maintenance - May 25, 2016, 6:00 AM Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post
Johngunmad, if you're speaking about the missing third Idgel Dome time, I will follow up on that.

Regarding instances in 4.0, those will not be coming back in any shape or form. They do not exist nor will exist in the near future unless Korea creates an event out of them (if that is something they want to do).
We're still waiting for that follow up on the third Idgel dome cycle as well as the Levinshor weekly 40 PvP quest for the untradeable tempering solution that Europe Aion has. I quick solution for the latter is to make the quest shareable so characters can keep sharing the quest like they did during 4.8

As for the 4.0 instances if they're not there it just says means we simply need to make the request for the instances to be added back in the game, at the very least Void Cube. This is constantly asked in the suggestion boxes and there is simply no justification for their removal.

I know Korea have the files somewhere because it is simply bad practice for any MMORPG to delete content yet alone remove all backups for it.

For the nesting doll event, I have to say it's well executed, however fire temple can drop it and it's not listed there and perhaps for level 65 instances the drops are made more certain.

Treat people with respect and never pass by a problem without doing something about it.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Asmodians

with 5.0 REALLY approaching, how is the work progress with the current "known issues"?
;)

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...03&postcount=9
Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 AM
Asmodians

Hime, please take a look at this. This thread, while posted in EU Aion forums, raises concerns that also apply to the NA community. The thread was made by a popular player in the Aion community that has already played 5.0+ patches. Gameforge is starting to take steps in the right direction by making an effort to really listen to their community, i would love to see you and the NCWest team do the same. Localization is a very core thing that is often and sadly overlooked.

http://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/b...team-aion-5-0/

For the record, the EU team has already replied to the thread saying that they are already discussing it internally and that the community is being heard. I think i speak for most of the community when i say that i wish you guys were more active and transparent as to what is going on behind the scenes.
(The response - https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...15988898_o.png )

Again, please take a look at it Hime.

Last edited by TwerkTeam - Israphel; 05-25-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Elyos

Hime will completely lose her sanity if she checked out that thread... Pretty much like anyone would.
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 05-25-2016, 11:08 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkTeam - Israphel View Post
*snip*
Gameforge is starting to take steps in the right direction by making an effort to really listen to their community

*snip*
Lol. Not just Lol, but -all- the LOL.

Gameforge can -listen- all they like and they can dish out platitudes with both hands, but it isn't up to them (or our team) regarding most of those things that this "popular player" (That seriously made me laugh. What is this? High School? lol) wants. It's up to KOREA. Anyone that has been around the block a time or two with NCSoft and Aion knows that very very very -very- rarely does Korea listen to -anything- our team (or -any- team) brings to their attention. -We- aren't their core audience and you had to know that when you started playing a Korean MMO.

I seriously can't believe that anyone read that thread and more specifically the response from the CM and didn't just roll their eyes. It may as well have been a form letter for all it actually said or meant.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 05-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysynne - Israphel View Post
Lol. Not just Lol, but -all- the LOL.

Gameforge can -listen- all they like and they can dish out platitudes with both hands, but it isn't up to them (or our team) regarding most of those things that this "popular player" (That seriously made me laugh. What is this? High School? lol) wants. It's up to KOREA. Anyone that has been around the block a time or two with NCSoft and Aion knows that very very very -very- rarely does Korea listen to -anything- our team (or -any- team) brings to their attention. -We- aren't their core audience and you had to know that when you started playing a Korean MMO.

I seriously can't believe that anyone read that thread and more specifically the response from the CM and didn't just roll their eyes. It may as well have been a form letter for all it actually said or meant.
Thanks for your very kindly worded feedback response!

However, i am not sure you are aware of differences between NA and EU such as:
-EU's gold pack working differently than NA's prestige pack;
-EU experience requirements for level 65 are far lower than NA's;
-EU's cash shop is very different from NA.

These and more are things that you would know if you actually followed the regions and updates rather than just speaking out of your behind.
As you can see, the regions have at least some control over their content. The thread that i linked talks vastly about the experience required to level, which is already a difference in EU at 65 cap. So yet again, please stop posting just because you want to post on every thread.

Regards.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Elyos

I do think that they're able to change some things to make the game more fitting for a Western audience.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Elyos

The cash shop and their model for f2p. Seriously? Korea scripted their f2p model, just like they did ours. The cash shop is nothing. Your hero, who is so very popular, wants changes to the -maps-. That just isn't going to happen. He wants someone to come up with a way that someone who has played for one month is going to be on a level playing field with someone that has played for 6 years.. or the new guy might quit. That isn't even possible, even if it was something Korea would be interested in placing in the game.

Tiny tiny things are under the control of the regional teams. Prizes for events.. what is in the cash shop and the prices.. times of sieges.. things given by survey. But that's about it, sunshine.

I am actually really happy that Hime hasn't poneyed up with a similar BS post like that which the CM at Gameforge posted. I would rather Hime give us real information, rather than platitudes. "We are listening!" Ofc she is. Ofc our team is. But there is only so much they can do and most of what you want just isn't doable.

All of that being said, we are getting the exact same patch that Korea got.. the exact same patch any other region that has 5.0 already.. the exact same patch EU will get months after we do. It's already written.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft

Last edited by Honoria -; 05-25-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Asmodians

You should read this reply on that thread. Pretty much sums it up for me.

Quote:
So you are complaining about the fact that players will have better things to do in game other than just logging twice a day for jmr/runatorium? That there will be something to spend time on? That there will be at least any competition? That it will force pvp? That you will have reason to stop hugging broker afk mode and do things? Yeah that is totally gonna kill aion. We need a game where everything can be reached in one week so we can all just afk nyerking on forum about how the game is dead, right?