Old 06-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Slideshotting and jumpshotting, a bit of trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhh - Siel View Post
Hi friend, so I think there are really two inconsistencies for you to work on. The main one being what avalyn said Right now I think you're still stuck in the jumpshotting mentality of watching the knees bend and then doing the skills and what not. So its important for you to firstly get comfortable keybinds like you said, and to second break the mentality of jumpshotting. Essentially slideshotting is jumpshotting with a weave, so work on the weaving part. After that practice on the dummies where there is even ground and get the timing down.
Ahh I see what you mean. It just looks similar too, slideshotting looks like jumpshotting but with clicking auto attack while your in the air to me. What are some key differences I should watch out for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximinetti - Kahrun View Post
Its obligated to learn jump and slide shooting for Ranger????
Well, it's recommended, especially for PvP because it keeps you mobile without losing any dps.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:54 AM
Elyos

The easiest way to do it in my opinion is to face away from the target jump and watch yourself turn. Once you turn that typically means the weave went off all you have to do after that is stick the landing.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
The easiest way to do it in my opinion is to face away from the target jump and watch yourself turn. Once you turn that typically means the weave went off all you have to do after that is stick the landing.
So after ive turned (and pretty much registered that auto attack damage) I just wait for the kneebend to use the skill?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Elyos

Pretty much, yea but seeing as you have good ping it might be a bit sooner, so try when the knees bend, if that isnt working try right when you land. It's different for everyone depending on their ping. So once you land/kneesbend/w/e works for you>skill>direction(should always be forward)>jump again
Old 07-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Pretty much, yea but seeing as you have good ping it might be a bit sooner, so try when the knees bend, if that isnt working try right when you land. It's different for everyone depending on their ping. So once you land/kneesbend/w/e works for you>skill>direction(should always be forward)>jump again
I've been trying a lot more at dummies, I can still jumpshot perfectly fine with it any effort, but no luck with slideshotting. So right now what I'm doing is jumping, autoing, then trying to time my skill, I've tried a bit before landing, while landing, waiting a little, etc, but I still get rooted. I'm practicing with dead shot btw, also I move in a direction, and let go of the key before autoing, and using the skill, and then try to move in a direction after pressing the skill. What am I going wrong? Is it just my skill timing?
Old 09-17-2016, 06:55 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vires - Siel View Post
I've been trying a lot more at dummies, I can still jumpshot perfectly fine with it any effort, but no luck with slideshotting. So right now what I'm doing is jumping, autoing, then trying to time my skill, I've tried a bit before landing, while landing, waiting a little, etc, but I still get rooted. I'm practicing with dead shot btw, also I move in a direction, and let go of the key before autoing, and using the skill, and then try to move in a direction after pressing the skill. What am I going wrong? Is it just my skill timing?
Have you improved a bit since your last post? If not I would suggest reading and watching the video posted by AETHYRIA over and over again. This was the first person to post on your thread.. The video is by mufflerman.. I have low ping also 20-30ms and although timing is an issue the mechanics of SS is still the same. Again if you want to learn about ss please watch the video.. :)