Old 07-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Asmodians
Default PvE Skill priorities, rotations, tips and tricks for max damage?

TLDR; I want to improve my dps, what are some, tips, tricks and good skill rotations?

So, I want to improve my pve dps, as i only had 5.5k dps on the last boss in sauro 2 key run, i was told decent dps there is atleast 6k dps.

I do auto attack animation cancel with weaving, but this was a transferable skill for me from playing sin. Im new to ranger (been 65 on him for 6 days) and want to improve my dps even further. Currently in full AC +5, AC bow fused with DR bow under, 65a2 rank 1 ring, that belt and earring i got for free from the level up event, ereshkigal legion beryl necklace, earring and ring. Everything is socketed with crit, and accuracy, and i socketed all my ancient slots with hp so im a little less squishy (might switch them out for accuracy). This nets me 3.1k accuracy, a little over 900 unbuffed attack i think, and a little over 950 crit unbuffed as well. On the consumables side of things, I use immortal crit strike scrolls, the 40 pt power shards, courage scrolls and fried krucien to increase my stats, but thats about it.

Right now i am just using skills as they come up, not entierly randomly, but whatever relatively hits harder. I try to weave in focused shots every 4 skills, but its long channel time makes it feel sort of counter productive.

First and foremost, i want to know what skills do i want to be prioritizing when dpsing bosses, in what order and why, so i can start to come up with and/or understand some skill rotations better.

Secondly, what are some tips and helpful tricks to increase my dps?

Third, if any of you have good dps rotations for bosses, would you mind sharing, even better if you provide a little detail to your method, or how you came to thay rotation, aka why that skill is used when and where.

Fourth, should i be using focused shots whenever possible? Or skip it for some skills?

Fifth, im not looking to invest too much into gear with 5.0 around the corner, but if there are a some low cost/effort things i can do for my gear to improve my dps, what should i do?

Last thing, good stigmas to use? Im thinking of switching out gale arrow for something else.

Thanks in advance to those who help!

Last edited by Vires - Siel; 07-10-2016 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Elyos
Default Re: PvE Skill priorities, rotations, tips and tricks for max damage?

Hi uhh as a ranger there isnt really set rotations or w.e. the main thing is you need to time your big cds with devotion. Skills like unnering, brightwing, explosive and even stunning shot. Along with weaving autos you should weave deadshots every few attacks, avoid using skills like silence and entangling as they do really low damage. I personally use focused shots every 5 attacks helps to use candies with cast speed on them if the cast time annoys you. And as far as gale arrow goes... Dont switch it out... Over the course of your boss fight weaving,deadshot, and gale arrow will be your highest damage. Stigma builds i just go. Focused shots gale arrow heart shot explosive arrow bow of blessing and then for last one you can go dilation or arrow deluge.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:50 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhh - Siel View Post
Hi uhh as a ranger there isnt really set rotations or w.e. the main thing is you need to time your big cds with devotion. Skills like unnering, brightwing, explosive and even stunning shot. Along with weaving autos you should weave deadshots every few attacks, avoid using skills like silence and entangling as they do really low damage. I personally use focused shots every 5 attacks helps to use candies with cast speed on them if the cast time annoys you. And as far as gale arrow goes... Dont switch it out... Over the course of your boss fight weaving,deadshot, and gale arrow will be your highest damage. Stigma builds i just go. Focused shots gale arrow heart shot explosive arrow bow of blessing and then for last one you can go dilation or arrow deluge.
I thought attack buffs increased the damage of all your attacks by the same amount, like 10% attack is just 10% of your base attack added on to all your skills as bonus attack.

Something interesting i realized, the 1.2 attack speed cap is not hard to hit on ranger, and that it may in fact be worth using casting scrolls instead of courage scrolls when i have mau, blessing of wind or wow along with bestial, i think was even able to hit 1.2 without courage scroll with just a 2 or 3% attackspeed buff from the red event (or whatever its called) and bestial fury.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:40 AM
Elyos

5.5k dps is very good one already I don't know what limit u looking for o-o
Considering you're not a sorc and with only ac bow +5.People who demanded you to break this limit probably just trolling you make you mad or whatever.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't improve,I'm support if you seeking to be better but 6k dps on ac bow +5 just a troll.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neleth - Kahrun View Post
5.5k dps is very good one already I don't know what limit u looking for o-o
Considering you're not a sorc and with only ac bow +5.People who demanded you to break this limit probably just trolling you make you mad or whatever.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't improve,I'm support if you seeking to be better but 6k dps on ac bow +5 just a troll.
To be fairly honest I just asked my legion what decent dps in ssb was, and was told 6k+ is decent, and that its not that hard to hit 8k dps in ssb lol.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vires - Siel View Post
I thought attack buffs increased the damage of all your attacks by the same amount, like 10% attack is just 10% of your base attack added on to all your skills as bonus attack.

Something interesting i realized, the 1.2 attack speed cap is not hard to hit on ranger, and that it may in fact be worth using casting scrolls instead of courage scrolls when i have mau, blessing of wind or wow along with bestial, i think was even able to hit 1.2 without courage scroll with just a 2 or 3% attackspeed buff from the red event (or whatever its called) and bestial fury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vires - Siel View Post
To be fairly honest I just asked my legion what decent dps in ssb was, and was told 6k+ is decent, and that its not that hard to hit 8k dps in ssb lol.
SSB is old and the damage there is pretty amplified compared to harder instances. The mobs there are half the strength (my opinion) of EB mobs. So 6k is alright. But if you can pull 6k in IS/EB you're doing fine.

[Quote]"I thought attack buffs increased the damage of all your attacks by the same amount, like 10% attack is just 10% of your base attack added on to all your skills as bonus attack."/[Quote]

Additional attack outside base attack is also added on to your damage AFTER the buff % calculation. I think.

Last edited by Giint - Siel; 07-12-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
Elyos

You "can" make a rigid rotation but it's going to be very long and delicate and will go out the window often.

1. Don't blow Rupture Arrow into Devotion, save it for in between Devotions.
2. Flesh Cutter before every Devotion. Don't use it when Devotion reads 15s or less, and don't use Swift Shot when it's at 8s or less.
3. Seizure Arrow can hit as hard as Holy Arrow, know when you can prep it for your next Devotion with an FE trigger off the boss.
4. Get a 3% attack speed title so you can use a cast scroll when all you have is Beastial Fury. A 2% title will show 1.2 but the window is rounding it.
5. FS everything.
6. TRAPS.