Old 09-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Elyos
Default Sky islands

Is anyone in this game actively trying to spawn the sky islands in iluma for the lvl 74+ pvp gear?

At this point, i've begun to wonder if:

1) Just nobody knows about it
2) If everybody just abandoned farming
3) If it became general consensus that this was just too hard to pop and not worth the time

If you never heard about sky islands here's the stuff:

http://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Sky_Islands
Old 09-19-2016, 10:24 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Sky islands

It is a combination of 1 and 3. Thing is, not many people know about it, and as such we have close to no information on how it actually works. If we had more information, we would confirm that we are either doing something wrong or it is simply incredibly hard.

For the past days, we have tried forming big alliances and going around killing loads of mobs around Norsvold. We have tried different locations, different set ups, etc. We have not managed doing it yet, but we are trying.
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 09-20-2016, 05:55 AM
Elyos

I'm at least relieved to hear some people have been trying :o.

My small group has been solely focusing the blue and green mobs and spawned 4 archons under an hour. No portals tho.

Have you seen the article i linked? :3
Old 09-20-2016, 11:15 AM
Elyos

I have read it before. My one problem with it is that it emphasises too much on Crystal/Stone mobs. As an alliance, we obtained a lot better results from killing any mob with a class-type buff in a specific section than only doing it with those. Plus, we got more lootsies that way. :P

By the way, when I said "we have close to no information on how it actually works", I meant how it actually works. In other words, beyond the most basic knowledge. For example, a friend of mine theorises that for a Sky Island rift to spawn, you need to kill a specific amount of guards within a certain time limit, and this count resets from time to time.

I am not sure of that mechanic, but it would explain why so few people have spawned a portal, an the only known case was from SL.
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 09-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Elyos

Right after a week or two, i guess, that 5.0 came out i was killing some mobs in the north part of Iluma (where you can fly during day time) and i also killed some elite (they were still elites back then) that spawned from time to time, so i noticed near me (dont know when it appeared) there was a little blur, a friend that was soloing nearby and i just clicked on it (gotta love a surprise advanture lol) and were teleported to a small island with a gazilion number of elites and boss types from the other faction npcs.. and as soon as anybody steps on the island you join an allience... but it was impossible, insta HK from all of those mobs... I think thats what you guys are talking about... never saw that again tho... it was on Israphel elyos.

Last edited by Cetus - Israphel; 09-20-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Asmodians

We really need some answers from GM maybe? On how does it work, we been trying hard on most of the days for past (about) 6 weeks (TM-A) with no luck, we would like to know what are we doing wrong as it is getting frustrating.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:53 AM
Asmodians

Dear GM,

I have been trying to rally TM-A faction to spawn Sky Island for the pass 2 months now. On a good day we have about 20+ players in an alliance + 4-6 groups from other legion(s) killing every dynamic mobs level range from 69 to 78 and mini-bosses level 74, 77 and 80 (took us about 8-15 mins to kill). We've spawn anywhere from a hand full to 30+ opposing faction guards and still no Sky Island.

TM-Asmo have almost given up trying to spawn Sky Island. Our alliance number have gone down to 10-15 tonight. But manage to get server first level 83 armor. But if we can't spawn Sky Island, TM-Asmo faction will never have the players to help spawn it. We need hints and/or answers, please! Don't let more server die!

I got this from many website about spawning step 2 (Sky Island).
"Each time you kill a Spy, there is a very low chance a rift to a Sky Island will appear."

- When they say very low chance does it mean 0.01% ~ 1%? I'm sure you might not know the exact number since NCWest didn't write the program. But am I close?
- Does it help if we kill mid to high level mobs to get guards to spawn faster and killing higher level guards increase the chance of spawning Sky Island?
- Some said we have to kill fast enough to spawn Sky Island or X amount of guards. If so is it per hour, day, week or even a month?
- Does it reset if no one killing guards?
- Does it help if we have 4 alliances cover 4 corners of the map?
- {Feel Free to Add your Idea(s)} Thanks

Sincerely,
AKA Van <3
Old 09-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Asmodians

I managed to spawn one last weekend. I will reattempt this weekend.

If you did the siege into the enemy land from Brusthonin where it automatically put you into an alliance, it did that to me and about 5 fellow asmos (and put us against Elyos NPC mobs and 3 or 4 ellies). The actual island was SMALL. There were at LEAST two entrances that i'm aware of.

The entrance that I went through was open for about 20 minutes.

I spammed it in Legion chat but no one wanted to do it because they didn't know how to do it (FACEPALM).
Old 10-01-2016, 10:56 PM
Asmodians

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...d.php?t=150205

lets try and combine the chats so ppl can stay up with this...

ok feather hello =3 as far as spawning it how did you do this? and do u have a tm asmo of any lvl if so pl hmu in game i play a looooot and would like to share some info on just how you did this.

such as where >
how many mobs >
how many times
what lvl are you

we are in norvsold killing random blue mobs cuz that what the gm said as listed in my posting in the link.. are we way off ?
i dont do forums much but im always in game

~etnaa
Old 10-02-2016, 03:19 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathersalt - Siel View Post
I managed to spawn one last weekend. I will reattempt this weekend. .
Where? (Norsvold or Iluma) & name of area?
Solo, Group, Groups and/or Alliance?
About how long did it take to get Sky Island message to pop?
About how many monster(s) did you kill?
How many times did you get Sky Island to spawn?

These answers will help us very much and thanks in advance, Feathersalt!
<3 Van