Old 10-02-2016, 03:25 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Sky islands

Update!

10/1/2016 - Try to spawn Sky Island again tonight with about 12 people but in 2 groups. Our group kill about 1500 mobs and spawn 7 guards. 4 solo guards and 3 elite guards. Second group spawn 6 guards. I was told 3 solo guards and 4 elite guards. Rift to Sky Island didn't spawn but we manage to loot 1 PvP Chain gear from guard.

AKA Van <3
Old 10-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Asmodians

10/2/2016 - 24 people in alliance, About 4:20:00 hours of killing 1800+ special type monsters. Was able to spawn 11 Guardian Scouts and 9 Guardian Soldier Captains, still no Sky Island spawn. :'( Looted 1 x L72 chain pvp gear.

GM is this event broken or what???
Old 10-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Asmodians

Unfortunately, i was NOT able to find it again. I went to the same location at the same time one week later, and found PVP instead.

The time that it did spawn, it was 22 minutes AFTER the Panasterra sieges began (6:22pm server time) on a Saturday, at the Plateau, just under where the enemy rift spawns into the Plateau area. Another rift to sky island spawned at a different location at the same time (multiple rifts). It is SMALL, but instead of a standard rift (blue vertical circle) you see a bunch of floating moving mini boxes.

There was a mini system message, something like "An Aetos scout ship has .... "

When the rift closed, there was another local mini system message.

This is all i know.

Honestly, i think the "kill x mobs to spawn" is complete bullnyerk; we need more dev info. Sorry, this is all i know.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Asmodians

Feathersalt,
TYVM for your information! This will help us a bit. When you first spawn it were you soloing and killing guards or in a group?

Sincerely Van
Old 10-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Asmodians

Vanston Yesterday at 02:55
GM Sam, when I said I found it I mean I find this in patch notes under NPC #6.
"Sorry another question. I think I read it somewhere that Sky Island will spawn only during certain time like 10am till 2am. Is that correct? If the answer is yes, Tiamat server do have lots of players who work during day time and/or 2nd shift from 4pm - 1am. If the spawn time is from 10-2am, lots of us are left out from this event. If it 24 hours then ignore this question. "
Thanks

GM Sam Today at 02:07
Hello,

We understand that there are some in-game features that does not satisfy you. But the Game Support does not have complete control over the game and not part of the Development Team. We suggest that you post them on our forums because that is the best place for the Devs to see the players in-game insights. We hope this clarifies your concern.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Sam
NCSOFT Support Team
Old 10-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Asmodians

I was solo. At least two ports opened that i'm aware of at the same time if my information was correct. Again, it was 22 minutes AFTER the Panasterra siege started. There were a few Elyos players who spawned on the opposite side of the (small) island; i do not know if they entered from Norsvold or Illuma.

I have also been told that forums are the "best place for the Devs to see" this kind of feedback, but no word on how frequent that they (or even just one guy or girl) check per day / week / month / year.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Asmodians

*10/4/2016*
2:30:00 - 1030+ mobs kills about 4 sins / 3 elite glad guards. but still no Sky Island portal. ><

New Video of Sky Island!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALOdZJ-0Fhg

Last edited by Van - Tiamat; 10-04-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Asmodians

The rift that I saw looked much *BETTER* - it was these tiny floating boxes.

Anyways - things I noticed:
- they have flight paths or ports to every camp (rather than the 4 we get) - i'm not sure this is a good idea
- that person's armor was all +21 or +22 PVP gear - does archdaeva gear NOT BREAK in Korea??
- one of the armor pieces used composites, the other two were fully-decked-out in +8 stones - this implies that the drop rates of the archdaeva manastones is probably similar

I haven't seen drops from Panasterra (took a 2-year break when the Glory Point system came out, because i already have a job IRL), so i don't know if 4 drops for a 3-alliance League for an instance as rare as Sky Islands is worth it....

Just my two cents. Good luck.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathersalt - Siel View Post
- they have flight paths or ports to every camp (rather than the 4 we get) - i'm not sure this is a good idea
What is exactly bad about this? Makes moving around the areas easier, which is a peeve for several people.

Quote:
- that person's armor was all +21 or +22 PVP gear - does archdaeva gear NOT BREAK in Korea??
Have you ever seen a KR player's gear? They are hardcore when it comes to it. Archdaeva gear breaks just as much, but they can accomplish more.

Quote:
- one of the armor pieces used composites, the other two were fully-decked-out in +8 stones - this implies that the drop rates of the archdaeva manastones is probably similar.
Or maybe they have had the 5.0 (and on) patch for a longer time? Unless you mean something else.

Quote:
I haven't seen drops from Panasterra, so i don't know if 4 drops for a 3-alliance League for an instance as rare as Sky Islands is worth it...
There are two phases in Sky Islands; that one and defence. The defence one, regardless of how geared you think you can be, is a great source of kinah due to the very generous rewards, such as numerous Omegas.
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 10-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Elyos

Does sky island even exist atm? If some say it does.. and saw it, why no pic for proof? For KR, they released more info about it in 5.3. So in NA getting it in 5.0? Probably not.