Old 10-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Asmodians
Default New to game

Just started playing a chanter. Could really use some tips. What are stat priorities? Is staff good? Can we be dps as well as support? Also when in group in instance why doesn't people loot? I guess what I am asking just did ntc, and the person I ran with didn't loot. But when I did at end they just dropped group. Did I do something wrong lol? Thank you for any info.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: New to game

No you did nothing wrong. A lot of the players your going to encounter are just re rolls of people who are making alts. Therefore they have no problems with money on that toon thus removing the need to loot. You can be DPS and support if a group needs you in full support they will normally ask you to switch before entering a dungeon. Staff is great for DPS, mace with cast speed helps to cast heals quicker. As for stats i'm not to sure. For PVE support you just need hp everything else i'm not to positive about.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Asmodians

Thx :) good to know
Old 10-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Asmodians

Basker, the sin I know?

Also what he said, lots of people just making alts trying to level fast so they won't really do much other then killing and moving forward. I have a chanter also and I only do support mode though, and I do a set that has ancients and regular slots and do healing boost in ancients and HP/MP in regular slots. That gear comes from IO(Illuminary Obelisk). As for dps I don't really focus on that but I have faced and watched chanters switch from mace to staff just to do there little debuffs and stuns. Chanters are very lock down once you get the hang of them.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokisan - Siel View Post
Just started playing a chanter. Could really use some tips. What are stat priorities? Is staff good? Can we be dps as well as support? Also when in group in instance why doesn't people loot? I guess what I am asking just did ntc, and the person I ran with didn't loot. But when I did at end they just dropped group. Did I do something wrong lol? Thank you for any info.
When I am in instances on my alts, I generally do not loot since I don't need the drops - even if they are my classes.

However, this has gotten to be such a bad habit - I don't do it now on my mains and ... really need to :/ thankfully, my squadmates remind me.